An items thing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsychoKuroiPower

09-15-2011

Hi to everyone.
Got a question about two items:

Would it be a good ideo to change Bloodthirster fo Hextexh Gunblade?? I thought that Hextech has a little bit less attack dmg but more lifesteal, also it has spell vamp, ability power, deals 300 magic damage and slows target, just for 190 more gold. I tried putting it in Nocturne and it worked pretty well. Just want your opinion.

Thanks a lot.

AnemoneMeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

The issue with Gunblade is that it both gives wasted stats on Nocturne, and that Bloodthirster's true power is in having it scale up to 100 AD, which is more than Gunblade. He hardly needs the slow, and can easily get a good slow via frozen mallet, though he already outruns the enemy due to Duskbringer.

Thus, no, Gunblade is not that good on Noc, assuming you can keep yourself alive or lasthit minions well.

Kuryaka

09-15-2011

Yep. The attack damage is actually pretty crucial for most champions. For a DPS, why lifesteal in a fight when you're going to get bursted down? Any amount of lifesteal will let you heal off minion waves pretty well.

He doesn't benefit from the AP nor the spellvamp, and the Gunblade active is also not necessary as Duskbringer should let you catch them pretty easily.

The stacking is the main thing - 25% lifesteal and 100 AD. With half stacks Bloodthirster trumps Gunblade in lifesteal. With full stacks it's just a far better choice.

LobsterCrazy

09-15-2011

It's important to make sure all of the money you spend adds value, given nocturne is almost exclusively ad the hextech wastes a lot of money on ap you get very little utility out of. Also nocturne doesn't spam his abilities so the spell vamp is wasted as well.

PsychoKuroiPower

09-17-2011

Thanks a lot guys.

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

The problem I find with bloodthirster is that you need 40 kills to get the max stats, and all that without dying.
edit: Ahh, it works on minions. Thought it meant champ kills. Definitely a great choice then.

TwistWrist

09-17-2011

Heh, 40 champion kills would be nuts. Though I never quite understood why Bloodthirster doesn't work like Warmog in terms of gaining stacks. Seems like it would be natural to gain more stacks for killing a champ than whacking away at minions.