A Noxian walks up to Demacia and offers allegiance in return for safe harbor.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-11-2011

What, in your opinion, would happen? Not just any old Noxian, I'm talking along the lines of Cass or Urgot, someone big. Someone like Riven can be discussed too, but since her abandonment of the current state of Noxus is public, her case would likely be atypical.

So, a well known and dedicated Noxian knocks on Jarvan's door, bearing gifts of mead and lance polish, and asks to join or otherwise serve Demacia in exchange for looking over whatever that Noxian may have done against Demacia, in war or the political stage. Which of the following do you think would happen?

1. Jarvan agrees in full. Here are your blue clothes and gold armor.
2. Maybe after you serve a reduced sentence. Justice for all.
3. No chance. Guards!
4. Executed on the spot.
5. I have no opinion, but I want Sailor Moon Lux.

Thoughts?

Summoner Abyss

11-11-2011

I say five is the best idea, and nid can be here magical girl kitty.

AbominableToast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2011

High ammounts of suspicion from the Demacians, likely the person will still be thrown into prison simply because how can you trust they are not a spy?

belthazor3457

11-11-2011

Either prison or execution. Jarvan would likely assume them to be a spy trying to buy their way in. The totalitarian society can't risk being nice to people who would change sides so readily, so if he felt like extending generosity, he might select what the individual viewed as the lesser of those two.

If a Demacian wanted to join Noxus, they'd most likely be asked to prove themselves that they're really ready to change sides and do so with loyalty. Such a test would probably involve being asked to do something nasty to a Demacian military post or something along those lines, in which case, after the success of that, they could be let in - though they'd probably be watched like a hawk.

Frankly the way it works with turncoats is you always watch them for a very long time, such is the mistrust of politics, spies, and nation-states.

Gage Paragrine

11-11-2011

Option 5 duh.

Kinda reminds me of modern elections. Have Jarvin out there asking the people, "What shall happen to this person, shall s/he be shown amnesty?" He looks around and everyone is minding their own business, cutting meat, sewing quilts, and one guy with a gameboy (don't ask). "This requires a vote!" then some guy mutters "Ya, sure, whatever...". Jarvin yells "Amnesty it is!"

Bloody democracy...

Jaykoboy

11-11-2011

I say 5...although I truly do not understand it. Is it some cute new skin for everyone's favorite little laser-shooting girl?

-Jaykoboy-

wizard windelle

11-11-2011

Jarvan is like Barney Stinson- he wants Robin, but he can't break the bro code. Just with Lux.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
Either prison or execution. Jarvan would likely assume them to be a spy trying to buy their way in. The totalitarian society can't risk being nice to people who would change sides so readily, so if he felt like extending generosity, he might select what the individual viewed as the lesser of those two.

If a Demacian wanted to join Noxus, they'd most likely be asked to prove themselves that they're really ready to change sides and do so with loyalty. Such a test would probably involve being asked to do something nasty to a Demacian military post or something along those lines, in which case, after the success of that, they could be let in - though they'd probably be watched like a hawk.

Frankly the way it works with turncoats is you always watch them for a very long time, such is the mistrust of politics, spies, and nation-states.
True, but look at Shyvana. She certainly doesn't seem like the type of person Jarvan would allow into Demacia, given her dragonness. Are you so sure he wouldn't at least order the person closely watched, chained to Xin at all times or something?

belthazor3457

11-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
True, but look at Shyvana. She certainly doesn't seem like the type of person Jarvan would allow into Demacia, given her dragonness. Are you so sure he wouldn't at least order the person closely watched, chained to Xin at all times or something?
Shyvana, to my understanding, was taken in by Jarvan while still a child. Children can be molded much easier than adults.

TheNarvalOfDeath

11-12-2011

I think it would be "execution" right away as there are no greys on Demacian laws and high profile characters like Urgot are well known for several "crimes" (looking from the demacian side) so yeah... they probably would be recieved with a huge axe