[Mechanics Revamp] Tryndamere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kitsuna

05-30-2010

I've been pondering over this, Tryn's earlygame is a tad weak, his lategame strong. I've been trying to think of ways to boost his earlygame a touch without improving his lategame too much. And I think I've come up with a decent solution. I'll try to section it off for each skill and passive.

Before we get to the skills, one should look at his critical animation. Many people have voiced out that his critical animation takes longer than normal and has gotten them killed because it takes longer than a normal strike animation. I feel it should be sped up a little, especially as ranged characters do not change their animation at all.

Passive: Battle Fury - Currently it's .5% crit per 1% HP lost. With the removal of base crit, I think it could be boosted to +.6% crit/-1%HP. That way he gets the missing crit back, but only when lowered down to minimal HP. A small mechanics twist I feel could also be included is a +.3% aspd/-1%HP. It's a minimal speed boost to his attack but will shine at low HP and help him gain Bloodlust stacks to potentially heal. It will also make his earlygame a tad stronger if he gets weakened.

Q: Bloodlust - The meat and potatoes of Tryn really (beyond his ultimate). I kept trying to think of a way to make this skill useful earlygame without breaking it, and I believe I have found a way. If we change it to 2.5 dmg per stack, 9/18/27/36/45 HP per stack, and .75/1.5/2.25/3.0/3.75% critical damage per stack but give it 10 stacks again. With this proposed change Bloodlust ends up being stronger with 9-10 stacks and keeps it's earlygame usefulness. At the high ranks (rank 5) it will be 1% stronger critical strike damage and 50HP stronger heal, which is midgame. It will also only have a net-gain of +1dmg at 10 stacks.

W: Mocking Shout - I still see this skill as very useful and not needing much, if any changes. If I have to make a suggestion, I would say cut it's cooldown by 1 second at best. It's damage reduction is quite strong, and needs not a change (though making it 24 per rank instead of 20 would be interesting to test).

E: Spinning Slash - This has been talked about many times before, it's hitbox needs to be looked at, but otherwise is a decent skill. It's more about mobility than damage currently, as it's hard to hit multiple mobs with it (Tryn has to pass through the mob physically to count as damage).

R: Undying Rage - Castable under CC is a great change, and will make him more likely to survive. If the Bloodlust changes go through, one would have to make it 4-6-8 per rank for added Bloodlust Stacks, but no other changes needed that I can see at this time.

Mainly as you can see, I've mostly just looked into changing Bloodlust into an earlygame and midgame buff which can effect lategame, but hopefully would give Tryn more survivability and damage earlygame when he needs it most.

Kitsuna

05-30-2010

Bump for great Tryndamere Justice~

Xagur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

your suggestion about bloodlust is actually more of a nerf than a buff earlygame, since you would always need to stack up 10 charges instead of 8, for pretty much the same effect. No reason to change this, it would only help if you already have an easy lane, but on hard lanes, it would just make it even harder.(where your enemies actually dont let you stack up bloodstacks that easy).

Spinning slash needs an increased Accurate hitbox like it looks it should have though.

Kitsuna

05-31-2010

Yea, I had realized it was technically a nerf. I've been tweaking ideas around in my head. The latest thought I'd come up with about it is a Crit gives 1 stack, a kill would give 2. It'd let them stack a bit quicker. The same "If you have no stacks, you get +1". That means a critical kill would give 4 stacks if you had none, but then subsequent critical kills would give 3, netting 3 critical kills to stack 10.

If we could tweak numbers a bit more, with damage per stack that is, try to find a balance that isn't too overpowering for later game. It's a touchy subject.

I'm mostly glad someone responded, so we can open discussion and try to get people to talk more about it, and hopefully get a Riot in here to help tweak the numbers for potential fixing.

SunOfABeach

05-31-2010

Slash could have a very small range increase, like 13%. Its really not going far after the patch and seems a bit useless before maxed out

Edit:

I have a very nice idea, slash could maybe give 1 bloodlust stack.
What do you think about ? If would give nice opportunitys as combination in early game

Freinz Thorwald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

If Spinning Slash could actually hit things, it'd be such a great buff, as then he could spin into a group of minions and actually hit most of them.

Speaking of Spinning Slash, is it me, or does it sometimes work weird? Like sometimes he won't go over the river wall even though half of the circle is on the other side of the wall, and sometimes he'll manage to get through a wall if there is barely any range on the other side.

Bellicus

05-31-2010

if you think that the buff to the ult that it's now castable under CC, you are clearly a noob tryn who doesnt carry cleanse

Kitsuna

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellicus View Post
if you think that the buff to the ult that it's now castable under CC, you are clearly a noob tryn who doesnt carry cleanse
I do carry Cleanse, it's a requirement. But here's the thing, now you can cast UR while CC'd and have Cleanse at the ready for the continued CC/DoT's that will be on you while UR is running. Try not to insinuate skill over opinions please. This is about trying to buff his earlygame, not boost your e-peen.

The idea that spinning slash could generate bloodlust is an interesting idea. How would it work? Just casting it generates? Or having to hit something with it? Technically it does generate if you get a killing blow, but that's standard for Tryn.

Syztem

05-31-2010

Great suggestions! Hopefully the mods are receptive.

Dayne Orly

05-31-2010

Leave him alone, he has a pathetic early game without any hope for a kill untill mid game where he is semi-average.(cept nub kills, feed the trynd bot!)

So why leave him alone? because late game he is a MONSTER, im fine with suffering early game to shine late.

Some heros are great early, some mid, and some late, stop this cook-cutter bs, he is a snowball hero, like Yi.

If every hero was great the whole 1 through 18, the game would suck. You wouldnt have to konw that "oh **** they got a Trynd, we gotta shut his ass down early or he will tear us up later on"

(P.S. I agree with the spinning slash hitbox sucking, you have to spin over something with your body to do dmg when its your sword that should be doing the dmg)