Please make Silver + Bronze Season 1 Badges

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yelsneh

12-02-2011

swtor comes out in 13 days Good bye 10M League players

MisterPlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilitu View Post
Stupidest post ever. How does giving bronze and silver alienate people anymore than gold and platinum? And isnt the extra recognition the GOLD/PLATINUM badge and Jarvan skin as opposed to a silver/bronze badge and no Jarvan skin?

Nonsensical replies kill me. You're better of saying because we don't reward mediocrity or something like that because atleast it's logical.
This.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during these "internal discussions."

"Pass me that bottle of jack"
"so, what are we going to do about this silver and bronze forum badge thing"
"**** 'em ... let's keep drinking."

2.5 months later ...

"what ... where am i?"
"oh thats right ... "

Tamat logs on forums ...

"Uh ... we decided you idiots who didn't exploit our solo queue system by duo queuing deserve nothing more that an ambiguous post."
"so ... piss off ... maybe we'll do it for season 2 ..."

AA247

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller View Post
If you are arn't sarcasm then no. it be alot worst with bronze and silver

Everyone will have badges and if you dont got one, your either bad or new

No one will ever take you seriously
its the internet. You are silly to take every thing srsly. I mean how many times have you been trolled on the internet or solo q?

MisterPlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA247 View Post
its the internet. You are silly to take every thing srsly. I mean how many times have you been trolled on the internet or solo q?
the internet is srs bsns mang

The Lol0caust

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Thank you for your post, Twentysix. As we begin the journey into Season Two we are seeing that some of our Summonerís would like to obtain these badges on the forums as well as on their in game accounts. I wanted to take a moment to address this feedback and give some additional context.

When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.

We definitely appreciate how passionate some of you are about this, but we stand by the decision that was made. Having said that, we will definitely consider this feedback for when we start planning Season Two rewards.

Have fun, Summoners!
Thank you.

CTkiller

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA247 View Post
.... you completely miss the point

I mean't as if the person is trying to post in a serious thread about the game
No one will care what he has to say because he or she doesn't have a badge even if the person made a valid point

You do realize there are some serious threads on this forum about the game

Not in some " this champ is op nerf nerf nerf ".

SerbianNN

12-02-2011

This is literaly spiting in our badgeless face. Shame on you Riot.

MisterPlow

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller View Post
.... you completely miss the point

I mean't as if the person is trying to post in a serious thread about the game
No one will care what he has to say because he or she doesn't have a badge even if the person made a valid point
How is that any different than now?

haithere

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Thank you for your post, Twentysix. As we begin the journey into Season Two we are seeing that some of our Summonerís would like to obtain these badges on the forums as well as on their in game accounts. I wanted to take a moment to address this feedback and give some additional context.

When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.

We definitely appreciate how passionate some of you are about this, but we stand by the decision that was made. Having said that, we will definitely consider this feedback for when we start planning Season Two rewards.

Have fun, Summoners!

tl;dr

no

MisterPlow

12-02-2011

Also ... Tamat ... You probably just should have never responded to this thread.

Or maybe come up with a better bull**** reason ...