Game CRASHES... The driver stopped responding but has recovered

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mysterious Guile

09-19-2011

Turns out that fixed nothing and the next game I tried blue-screened again. I've now resorted to using my on-board graphics and that works, but I'm not happy having my card sitting in my case doing nothing.

Dooms DoorWay

09-19-2011

Possible Fix

Clean install the latest nVidia Beta drivers 285.27. To do a clean install run driver installer pick custom install and then tick clean install option, you will also possibly get a warning from windows that the drivers aren't signed this just means that windows hasn't approved them yet and that can take awhile. The clean install is important to remove any possible remnants of previous drivers and it is a good idea to do it every graphics drivers update anyway.

Have been running them for about 24hrs and played 9 LoL games without a crash, I also didn't have problems with any other games except LoL on previous drivers.

EDIT

It appears beta drivers alone do not help sum ppl I also updated DirectX & Adobe AIR so for those that Beta doesn't help alone try updating them as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
http://get.adobe.com/air/

I have only played another 4 games since original post but still no crashes I will post l8r after a few more games if it starts to crash but I would have crashed a lot by now on old drivers.

Buff Jesus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-19-2011

happening to me too, 80% of games are plagued by this now

GTX 570 with the 275.50 drivers installed.

edit: updated to the beta 285.27
lets see if this helps

Sym

09-19-2011

I have an 2x EVGA 570 GTX. I get this error occasionally while I'm playing, but I've pinpointed it to the game loading textures/animations. It usually happens when I see a new particle effect that I haven't seen yet in the game (today, I hit 6 on Akali about to get first blood with my dash, but the game crashed instead losing the first blood, very frustrating)

Trying the Beta drivers now.

MarceRND

09-20-2011

What i dont understand is why we get NO ANSWER FROM RIOT.

IF this is a driver problem, an nvidia problem, why cant someone in the staff at RIOT check this out and comunicate with them to FIX IT ! ! !

Make it easy for your customers, help us ! most people on this topic have nvidia video cards... cant be just a coincidence ! theres something wrong about LoL when playing on NVIDIA cards. Could be RIOTs fault, or NVIDIAs fault, but obviously its not OUR FAULT !!!

What i want is someone to check this out at RIOTs and see if they can find the problem with the drivers or the way the game handles them (i dont know anything about computer software, thats why im asking RIOT to help us).

Now im selling my GTX 570... i shouldnt have to, its new, only 6 months of use... all games work fine, just keeps crashing with LoL... but since LoL is the game i play the most, i decided to put it on sale and look for an ATI replacement.

How can we make RIOT or someone on these forums pay attention to us? i think this is not even getting read...

Uthgar

Recruiter

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooms DoorWay View Post
Possible Fix

Clean install the latest nVidia Beta drivers 285.27. To do a clean install run driver installer pick custom install and then tick clean install option, you will also possibly get a warning from windows that the drivers aren't signed this just means that windows hasn't approved them yet and that can take awhile. The clean install is important to remove any possible remnants of previous drivers and it is a good idea to do it every graphics drivers update anyway.

Have been running them for about 24hrs and played 9 LoL games without a crash, I also didn't have problems with any other games except LoL on previous drivers.
This did not work for me, but I have a 32 bit version of Windows so I used those beta drivers.

Dooms DoorWay

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgar View Post
This did not work for me, but I have a 32 bit version of Windows so I used those beta drivers.
Well I run 64 bit so that might be it but I also updated DirectX and Adobe AIR so maybe they helped as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
http://get.adobe.com/air/

Uthgar

Recruiter

09-20-2011

No dice

Buff Jesus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgar View Post
i have 64bit win7

clean updated to the beta drivers and hasnt happened in 5 or so games so far.

can only hope its good now

TractorFarm

09-20-2011

I have the exact same issue. I have a GTX 570.

1234567 ... 9