Game CRASHES... The driver stopped responding but has recovered

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarceRND

09-19-2011

lets keep it up, it looks like its an nvidia problem... any word from RIOT? can anything be done to fix this other than changing my vidcard to ATI ??

MarceRND

09-19-2011

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=65161

That topic, on nvidias oficial forums, talks about this problem... It has many causes... but its hard to know whats happening. Could be anything, RIOTs game, Nvidia drivers, something on your machine... but im not an expert in finding and fixing these issues...

Riot, could you please check this out?

MarceRND

09-19-2011

let me ask you this, couse im a hardware noob, with my pc i have a silent pro power supply of 600w.. maybe thats the problem and im fallling short?

Attack Gingers

09-19-2011

This exact same problem is happening to me too with my nvidia 570 video card. Riot please respond.

Uthgar

Recruiter

09-19-2011

I am having the same problem. Nvidia 9800 GT. Quite frustrating to say the least

MarceRND

09-19-2011

Today i did a fresh install of windows, with only the lastest drivers and also i did a hardware change, i bought a new 1000w power supply to check if thats the problem (its the only part of my machine that had 5 years old).

Ill let you know if i can play well now, im downloading the game as we speak and the only thing this windows has is lol installed.

in the meanwhile, please, keep posting your vidcard if youre suffering the same crash, its the only way to make RIOT pay attention to us.

Mysterious Guile

09-19-2011

As of last night I started getting this error too. I've been playing almost completely glitch or error free, including earlier that day, and then suddenly the graphics will glitched, sometimes go black, a couple times it went to the Bug Splat! screen, but more often than not it will completely freeze my computer. After this happened, I was having repeated, serious visual glitches even when just on the desktop, blue screens, and other crashes. Installing newer drivers only seemed to make the issue worse to where I could then only run in safe mode. I tried numerous different drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling my card and finally doing a system restore to attempt to fix this problem with no luck. I just reinstalled the game post-system restore and it still does the exact same thing.

Nothing in my computer, hardware or software-wise changed, and I don't even think there was any LoL-side changes yesterday, so I'm incredibly confused.

My specs are:
Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
i5 CPU 650
6 GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GTS

You have my money Riot, can you please at least acknowledge this issue?

Edit 1: Also, I forgot to mention I run Fallout: New Vegas, Sanctum, Might & Magic Heroes: 6, and any number of other games of varying requirements and specs flawless on the highest or high settings.

Edit 2: I managed to stay in a game long enough before crashing to turn shadows off and in the short term, seemed to fix the problem. I don't know if I will continue to get crashes, just less frequently or not, but I'd always had shadows on before.

MarceRND

09-19-2011

well... after a few games... the same problem again... fresh install of windows 7 x64... same card gtx 570... new power supply thermaltake 1000w... no other software installed but the windows updates to this day and league of legends...

what is wrongggg with this game????

now i tried the newest beta drivers from nvidia... clean isntall.. same problem... im back at playing in medium and no shadows to have the less posible amounth of crashes... and it still happens.

can someone at riot take a look at this? all nvidia users...

YUSONAMES

09-19-2011

Notice the lack of ati users in this thread, quality work by nvidia, ANYWAY just wait for a riot/nvidia response, or use a ati card if you have one laying around.

apathykills

09-19-2011

Is it the "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has been recovered" error?

123456 ... 9