Game CRASHES... The driver stopped responding but has recovered

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarceRND

09-16-2011

This is getting worse.

Since TALON patch im getting a random crash or black screen that is making it really hard to continue playing LoL.

2 or 3 times per game ill get this crash. Sometimes it goes to the desktop saying lol stopped working and the reason is my vidcard driver has "stopped responding but has recovered".

Other times i get a black screen that can go from less than a seccond to 3 or 4 secconds and then the game comes back.

Its irritating. The only way to make it happen less frecuently is to turn shadows OFF. But it keeps happening!!!

My setup is the following:

i7 3ghz
gigabyte gtx 570
6gb of DDR 3 @ 1600Mhz
Windows 7 ultimate x64.

ill post dxdiag...
PLEASE GIVE US SOME ANSWERS, ive seen this problem in other members of this forum but never a real answer from RIOT.

I tried old drivers, new drivers. Doesnt fix it.
Im playing many games right now, Deus Ex, Crisys 2, LoL, PES 2012 demo, Call of Juarez Cartel, Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2 and Civilization V, NONE of those games give me problems to play at the HIGHEST posible settings, hows that LOL is crashing ? it doesnt even have good graphics !

XDogg

09-16-2011

I get this too... at first i read about it being the new nvidia drivers and perhaps the motherboard asus and nvidia conflicting... But now that i thought about it , It really only seems to do it in LOL ... The screen Freezes then flickers to a crash then boom Drivers stopped responding.

MarceRND

09-16-2011

yes ! what vidcard do you have?

i have a gigabyte motherboard, gigabyte vidcard... dunno whats the problem but i do know it started with the talon patch. I play 3 or 4 games per day so its easy to notice this. And ive been playing since the end of 2009 ! with no problems at all !

MarceRND

09-16-2011

bump

XDogg

09-16-2011

i have a EVGA 580 gtx and i just updated to lastest drivers and repaired league from the little gears icon.. so maybe its working yet to tell....

Bigred345

09-16-2011

Wow i get the same thing and i have a evga gtx 570.

Tralan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

I'm getting what I think is the same problem. Game freezes, drops me to desktop, then blackscreen, then back to desktop with the crash reporter and "video card stopped responding but has recovered" message.

GTX 570 here.

tsumeone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

nVidia driver quality right there, sadly. Most likely this will be fixed with a driver update, or RIOT makes a workaround for it when nVidia chooses not to fix it.

tonedef

09-18-2011

bump - I have an EVGA GTX570 and have the same exact issue...Any ideas on a workaround??

Dooms DoorWay

09-18-2011

Exact same problem with an eVGA GTX 480 tried reverting drivers updating to latest ect I also have LoL installed on a RAID 0 with my OS on an SSD.

Specs

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K - Overclocked 4.3Ghz & Liquid Cooled
Memory: 8Gb - G.Skill RipJaw DDR3 1600MHz CL9
Hard Drive: 1x OCZ Vertex 2 60Gb SSD, 2x Samsung SpinPoint F3 500Gb in RAID 0 & 1Tb Samsung SpinPoint F3
Video Card: 2x eVGA GeForce GTX 480 Liquid Cooled SLI - Overclocked
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro (B3)

12345 ... 9