Opinion on the Nerfed Lich

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deonsion

09-17-2009

Just got out of a practice game with Lich, and I have to say he is extremely vulnerable now. Overall he can not last more than 30 seconds of heavy fighting- The increased mana costs render him useless for a fight atm. The wall is a lot less benificial than it used to be. those seconds they took away from it make him a lot easier to kill to top it off.

Here is what I said in teh post about the nerfing:

Quote:
Okay Lich had to have been one of the funnest heroes to play, and not really one that gets 30 kills with only 4 deaths. Never happened with him. Lich's little Death defile was one of the main reasons I had ever gotten a kill [other than ganking] and that gets 2 seconds nerfed- to top it off, his wall was nerfed down too, meaning that he wont be able to keep people near him long enough to kill. With that I must also add, that the added mana cost is devastating to him. The defile move already was a mana drainer, now i is barely even worth having. His Lay Waist move is his main thing, but with more mana he will be retreating much more and not able to hold his own for long. Beginning of game is TERRIBLE almost always with Lich- he has NO armor and NO speed. If he wanted to he could not have a chance of doing much of anything simply because no items for him are *great* items to start off with- The ring is useless because it will end up having to be sold, and the ability power boost is meager at best. I would have thought that he would have had a buff in either speed or his armor- or even defile's mana cost reduced. However at the moment it seems that he is now utterly useless - he doesn't have enough mana regen to support the moves now, he can't keep his wall up as long- meaning that people will be chasing him down much quicker.

I mean beginning of game I usually end up getting 5 deaths simply because I either run out of mana, or am ganked. So with those to things- to say the least- not improved, he just has become a spacehogger without any perks.

But that is my opinion: I have tried multiple sets to see if he can live longer- but at the cost of doing NO damage, and running out of mana. So usually i am about 1-1 ratio of kills and deaths. Just this nerf Killed Karthus...

Just now played a 1-1 practice game easy master yi... In the first 10 minutes I ran out of mana about 5 times. Whenever I got to about level 12 I still kept running out of mana and about once ever 4 minutes id have to run back for mana... Master yi started chasin me and I erected a wall, however he was able to wait the time and come chase me down and get the final blow while I was recalling... >>

Soo Uhmm Yeah Karthus is now dead to me. Useless unless you got someone on your team that can pick up your slack, and you spam ability power along with cooldown time decrease, and just spam your ulti as much as possible... Only thing I can think of him at this point. He can no longer push. One swarm of the creeps with him defile on, and using lay waist I ran out of mana by the second swarm.
So what are y'all's opinions?

Crazed

09-18-2009

Well if he's dead to you watch out, cause he can still cast stuff for 8 seconds more.

Dakisarak

09-18-2009

imo tear of the goddess -> archangel's staff. If it's really bad get a chalice, you should have enough juice to kill some kids

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-18-2009

I agree, for some reason they felt the need to nerf the likes of lich and kayle, but Jax and Yi go unchanged?!?! WTF!

Lich was fine before, if you're vs him get some damn magic resist, if you're melee, get some lifesteal and he is no longer a problem. Nerf the heroes that actually needed it.

Malystryx

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
I agree, for some reason they felt the need to nerf the likes of lich and kayle, but Jax and Yi go unchanged?!?! WTF!

Lich was fine before, if you're vs him get some damn magic resist, if you're melee, get some lifesteal and he is no longer a problem. Nerf the heroes that actually needed it.
Jax has already been nerfed. Yi could use a nerf maybe. But there is no reason to nerf Jax. Riot just needs to not allow duplicate items to stack (other the damage). That is where the problem lies not Jax himself.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-18-2009

Sorry to hijack the thread but Jax absolutely needs a nerf. He gets +big damage every 3rd hit...not 3rd hit on one unit, EVERY 3RD HIT. He dodges everything without needing dodge items (this includes towers....cmon). And after the dodge he gets an aoe stun. Not even gonna bother typing anything else. To me its obvious hes far more op than lich or judicator were even close to being.

fUkox1U9InqpUXCu

09-18-2009

i think the last lich nerf was ok, but this is too much.
on ther other hand, items like rod of ages, giant belt and so on get weakened or more expensive every time but stuff like infinity edge dont change.
i think thats twice a nerf.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-18-2009

Quote:
Sorry to hijack the thread but Jax absolutely needs a nerf. He gets +big damage every 3rd hit...not 3rd hit on one unit, EVERY 3RD HIT. He dodges everything without needing dodge items (this includes towers....cmon). And after the dodge he gets an aoe stun. Not even gonna bother typing anything else. To me its obvious hes far more op than lich or judicator were even close to being.
They are changing it so he cant dodge the towers. With the additional changes to the crit ratio and addition of more ap caster items, I think across the board people will be more prepared to handle jax and live.

Malystryx

09-18-2009

Quote:
That couldn't be more false; without dodge items Jax has a terrible dodge. The way the duplicate items stack is a problem.

Deonsion

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacX View Post
i think the last lich nerf was ok, but this is too much.
on ther other hand, items like rod of ages, giant belt and so on get weakened or more expensive every time but stuff like infinity edge dont change.
i think thats twice a nerf.
Glad to see that someone sees my point: with less mana available due to the nerfed items, less spellcasting time- less damage- less kills- less exp- more time to level- see where I am going? I play lich all the time and [even before nerf] had trouble playing him- because his Q ability is difficult to aim, along with the defile sucking down the mana constantly- with the mana increase it is not really worth pressing E in my opinion: You wont be able to be out there for long. Also the need to start off with buying mana only items is much higher due to the fact that the main way he kills anything is with Q or E.

Anyone here actually play Lich regularly?

And yes he still can cast for 8 seconds, but those 2 seconds can amount to 200 damage- even at 10 seconds I would be barely getting them killed in the afterlife- due to the fact all you have to do to avoid dying is... RUN OUT OF HIS RANGE >>

He is stationary in ghost form people.... Also he isnt one of the characters you can get 30-0-6 stats with >> If you get wha I mean. He was balanced to me in most of all setups: usually i end up getting about a 1-1-.5 ration going on with him in most games... Which if i am not mistaken is pretty darn balanced..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakisarak View Post
imo tear of the goddess -> archangel's staff. If it's really bad get a chalice, you should have enough juice to kill some kids
Uhmm both those items got nerfed too... less beneficial now. Not enough mana- most big team fights I used to get away with under 100 mana... now i cant even last in one. [and that was with 3000 mana, now i am only getting to 2500]