Spirit Visage on Tryndamere?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefStake

05-30-2010

This is my build.
I think it's probably one of the best on Tryndamere.

First take Brawlers Gloves + 2 health pots.
At first buy get boots and a BF sword.
Then finish you IE as fast as you can.
After IE build last whisper and finish your boots of swiftness.
Then build Starks fervor.
If the game isnt finished you can build your gloves into a youmous ghostblade or a phantom dancer but games rarely last that long and with what you have already you can 3-4 shot most squishy glass cannon builds.

Morinav

05-30-2010

Honestly, I'd say Spirit Visage is a niche item on Trynd at best. The healing you're receiving from Bloodlust in combat does not happen frequently enough to justify grabbing it. Outside of combat, you can neutral creep for maybe 30 seconds and be back up to full even if you're on death's doorstep.

Stacking avarices is a bad idea. Grab 1 near the start of the game for Youmuu's, but no more than 1. Trynd actually farms rather well in my opinion and can jungle easily past level 6 or so. Keep in mind that Trynd's big weakness is his early/mid game, so you want to be spending your gold on highly efficient items. Zeal and BF swords are your best bet early on since they will give you mad damage output. If you stack avarices (which are quite ineffecient for what you get), you'll end up with a lot of crit chance you don't need and 0 damage.

People really need to learn to go easy on the crit with Tryndamere. No avarice stacking, no phantom dancers. Let his passive do the work!

bobthegood

05-30-2010

I'd say if you have 2-3 spam healers on your team, you could get away with it. But it's not really his focus.

VoodoĆ³

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post

People really need to learn to go easy on the crit with Tryndamere.
Wroooooooooong.

I've had the most success buying an Elixir of Fortitude as his first item. If you can make it to level 3 without dieing and you use it, it should last right until you reach level 6. The health and damage really makes him more viable (and even surprisingly more deadly) during the laning phase. Once you reach level 6 you be MUCH harder to kill with your ult.

From there my build always revolves around boots 1 then zeal, brutalizer, or bf sword depending on how much money I have. Upgrade boots to merc treads or ninja tabi then build ghostblade or inifinity edge if you bought bf sword first.

Building crit chance early (I use a full page of crit chance runes with this build) is important because it gives you MUCH more leverage. Building bloodlust stacks fast and maintaining those stacks will give you insane damage even without AD items, give you a larger heal, and allow you to spinning slash more frequently (this in itself gives you more leverage to escape, chase, and do extra damage).