is it possible to start new right now and get to high elo through solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oktabi

05-29-2010

With the massive popularity smurfing has drawn to it, I honestly don't feel its possible to advance. It is common knowledge that many of the games most dominant players frequently smurf so its only a matter of time before you are paired against the enormous amount of more-skilled players that are trying to do the same thing you are.

Was this possible at some point? Sure it was. But that was before everyone thought it was a good idea to smash on new players all day and try to battle their way through the ranks again.

The early stages of the game are polluted.

Nobal Kain

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizz View Post
the point im trying to make is if say a skilled longtime dota player picks up this game today at level 1. and quickly learns the new mechanics, without doing premades it will be very hard to get to his actual playing level through solo
You are correct. The thing is your friends need to understand that just because they have a better understanding then others this does not mean they do not have to work their way up the ladder just like we all had to.

Yes its a pain, but its a trial by fire that almost all good players had/have to go through. If they stick with it and keep going they will make their way up.

Drizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

i guess this is just another reason that we need ranked games now. im not complaining for myself because i am at a great elo for me where most people are competent and i usually end up premaking anyway. but i feel for my recently recruited friends because the gauntlet they have to run to get to level 30 is just not going to be a fun gameplay experience

Kuj0h

05-29-2010

I just recently started playing about a few weeks ago, and am an ex-DotA player of many years.

Two out of every three games has either a leaver, an idiot, or multiples of each. It makes it very difficult to maintain an average over .500

But as others have said, just have to keep grinding it out.

Patyrn

05-29-2010

I would say proper champion choice is pretty necessary. Being the worlds best soraka isn't going to help you much with 9 nubs in the game. With a champion that can start and maintain a snowball like shaco, kassadin, gragas, etc. you can make your personal skill really count in the outcome.