Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is it possible to start new right now and get to high elo through solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drizz

Recruiter

05-30-2010

I started a smurf account recently and was wondering this, so ive been doing it and so far am 4-1. most games i have horrible feeders that get no kills at all and sometimes have been vs other smurfs which makes it harder to farm the nublets. i was in beta, had a decent win/lose before the game was officially live and i often premake so i bypassed the current problem which new accounts face now.

assuming you are a good player can you become mid-high elo with only solo queue? i dont think it is possible

metagames

05-30-2010

Almost anything is possible in fantasy based games.

Xetvenen

05-30-2010

Quote:
Drizz:
I started a smurf account recently and was wondering this, so ive been doing it and so far am 4-1. most games i have horrible feeders that get no kills at all and sometimes have been vs other smurfs which makes it harder to farm the nublets. i was in beta, had a decent win/lose before the game was officially live and i often premake so i bypassed the current problem which new accounts face now.

assuming you are a good player can you become mid-high elo with only solo queue? i dont think it is possible

If you pray really hard, tap your heals together 3 times and be a good boy all year long...

Shealth

Recruiter

05-30-2010

yes, the anti-smurfing mechanism might actually help you with this. It may not be incredibly quick, but eventually you will get to a higher Elo.

ZyloWolfBane

05-30-2010

Quote:
Xetvenen:
If you pray really hard, tap your heals together 3 times and be a good boy all year long...

Dont forget all those virgin sacrifices!

Xetvenen

05-30-2010

Quote:
ZyloWolfBane:
Dont forget all those virgin sacrifices!

Trust me...they ain't virgins anymore

Nobal Kain

05-30-2010

Okay here is the problem. You will still only play at the skill level you are at. Thus you will wind up right back where you where at, just quicker this time.

The only way to raise your ELO is to get better. No amount of tricks is going to help you sneak your way in.

Voodoó

05-30-2010

I'm not sure, but you should probably care a lot about it. That way you can focus completely on improving at the game instead of something invisible.

Queue Dodge Hero

05-30-2010

To OP

Yes

Good luck

Drizz

Recruiter

05-30-2010

Quote:
Nobal Kain:
Okay here is the problem. You will still only play at the skill level you are at. Thus you will wind up right back where you where at, just quicker this time.

The only way to raise your ELO is to get better. No amount of tricks is going to help you sneak your way in.

im aware of this and i didnt start a smurf to try and get higher. but i have recruited friends recently who tell me of these horrible teamates and i wanted to see it for myself. it is very hard to win with a new account when essentially its a lottery of whos team will have less feeders. originally i made the smurf to play with these friends so i am not bringing them into games way over their head.

the point im trying to make is if say a skilled longtime dota player picks up this game today at level 1. and quickly learns the new mechanics, without doing premades it will be very hard to get to his actual playing level through solo