Please Avoid Misleading Skin Icons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tailspeeder

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queue Dodge Hero View Post
itt: another person who didn't look at in game shots before spending money

too bad for you
That's not his fault. What about the majority of players that don't use the forums? The 'casuals' as it were?

There should at least be an ingame screenshot linkable from the shop screen for each skin. It's ridiculous that people buy an ingame skin based on a graphic that in some cases is totally different to the skin (Barrel Amumu comes to mind)

This is a case of Riot dropping the ball. The skin shop interface needs to be improved.

Queue Dodge Hero

05-29-2010

Quote:
The 'casuals' as it were?
You said it yourself. They are casuals, they deserve it.

Kriptini

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
They usually have screenshots of accompanying skins in the thread where they release a new character.
To the ***** that downvoted me:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=99976

Up your ass, you ****ing ****.

Draevin

05-29-2010

Quote:
To the ***** that downvoted me:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=99976

Up your ass, you ****ing ****.
Your anger needs to be toned down a bit, or the creators will shoot us with lazors.

Xetvenen

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draevin View Post
Your anger needs to be toned down a bit, or the creators will shoot us with lazors.

On a lazor bent are we?

Drizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Quote:
Lots, actually.
well this just brings up the point that the store needs to display an in game thumbnail that you can click on to show the skin in game. cause really i dont think it should be my job as a consumer to have to go to google or the forums and lookup pictures of something im buying. how far do you think amazon would have got with no pictures of their products?

Queue Dodge Hero

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizz View Post
i dont think it should be my job as a consumer to have to go to google or the forums and lookup pictures of something im buying.
I see you enjoy buying things without researching them.

Go buy your next computer because of that totally rad Mac commercial you saw that was so hip and cool and says PC users are just lame oldfags.

Dastion

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetvenen View Post
While this is yet another QQ thread...I do give the OP props for not QQ about the normal QQ subjects (MM, Leavers, Dodgers, etc.)....however I do have one bit of advice for OP regarding his lack of judgment before buying the skin:
I'm not saying, "omg false advertisement I want my RP back". I bought the bundle, so I received both along with Garen. I am simply saying that the skin icon should match the actual skin. Believe it or not, there are people who play games who aren't lame ass forum trolls. There are even those who play games that rarely if ever visit the sites for those games. Do I agree with that behavior? Hell no. However, the fact remains that they should avoid this sort of misrepresentation on items which require money to acquire.

But then, I suppose this might not be the place for sound logical complaints.

Quote:
They usually have screenshots of accompanying skins in the thread where they release a new character.
This is actually the first reasonable point made thus far (I upvoted you btw). I remember those screens (they were posted with the Little Red Riding Hood skins), but at the time I did not think they had done a screenshot of the Desert Trooper skin since nothing looked remotely close. It wasn't until when I used the skin myself I made the match-up, which is what brought the disparity to mind.

I thought the trolls were saying I should have looked up videos or screens of games with the skins before buying them. Not that I should have realized the unlabeled screenshot with nothing resembling the picture was the skin in question.

Draevin

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetvenen View Post
On a lazor bent are we?
No it's just the truth.

How would you feel if you "seeded" a planet several million years ago, only to find your children are mindlessly arguing with each other through inferior technology called the internet?

I would shoot them with lazors, and I think you would too.

Drizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Quote:
I see you enjoy buying things without researching them.

Go buy your next computer because of that totally rad Mac commercial you saw that was so hip and cool and says PC users are just lame oldfags.
this is pretty much completely different. the real analogy here is say i order something from a website and it shows a picture of a red & black item, i receive the item and it is actually blue & black. I shouldnt have to research the legitimacy of a picture i am shown that says this is what you are buying