Lets talk MM for a bit

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StratosphereKroK

05-29-2010

Well I've been on a losing streak for days now, after 8 straight loses or so I reduced my hours on LOL and went to go play a different game to cool my self of from my streak. So when I came back to play a game or so I still lost more than I won, yeah I'm not QQing I'm just wondering what i could do next game to improve my chances of winning. Then it hits me, I was chatting with a person on my team after we lost. He was playing Kassadin, yeah he fed a bit so I asked him how he likes Kassadin. He told me that was his first time playing him, he said he usually plays using Tristana. I notice the same patter on other games. Were maybe they're decent players given there ELO but when it comes to trying to play heroes outside of their ELO, his/her ELO is different. So how can MM really match a person to a team when their ELO is based of a certain hero or heroes they are used to playing. Can u really give a person who has won 400+ games with Katarina the same ELO when he uses Tryndamere? Is the person gona be just as good with Tryndamere as he was with Kat? most of the time i say no because that person doesn't understan the limit or mechanics of Tryndamre as well as Kat, It doesnt have to be Tryndamere it could be Anivia, or Veigar. I'm just saying that ELO is a very Grey spot in MM expecially when matching a team. Its like blind picking a team because MM does not know which character is going to be picked. Well im tired and going to stop. I could go on but maybe another time. I technically haven't finished but i got the main point across.

PS This is hands down the best free game out there and i thank you for going this route

metagames

05-29-2010

Nobal Kain

05-29-2010

I like what you said, but what is the point of your post?

ZyloWolfBane

05-29-2010

*Looks at topic title*

Yeah....how about not.

Kriptini

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosphereKroK View Post
strait
Probably because you can't spell "straight" correctly.

Xetvenen

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
Probably because you can't spell "straight" correctly.

^_^

Drizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

this has been discussed before and i agree, but really there is nothing they can do about this. once again ,we need ranked games

ZyloWolfBane

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetvenen View Post
^_^
Do you just have a whole folder of pics to situationally pull out of your ass?

Im tempted to start doing it too >.>

Xetvenen

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyloWolfBane View Post
Do you just have a whole folder of pics to situationally pull out of your ass?

Im tempted to start doing it too >.>

Now that you mention it...Yes...

ZyloWolfBane

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetvenen View Post
Now that you mention it...Yes...
Haha, I started to wonder...you post those too fast to be grabbing them from a site lol.