Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,204 78.85%
No, I do not agree 56 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 267 17.49%
Voters: 1527. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KuronekoRuriGoko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

bump because this these results need to be seen.
it would especially help locked players who cant play unlocked due to conditions beyond their control but are still good. and yeah i realize playing locked is asking for hate but honestly i dont care.

SonnehSama

10-17-2011

Why not have an option that inverts the map depending on what team you are on? the purple team's map perspective will look exactly like the blues on their screen, but the blue team still sees the purple team as normal on their screen. So basically both teams would go to the right from base to get to bottom, but it still appears both teams are coming from there respective sides of the map.

MadMage86

10-20-2011

For those who think re-optimizing the map for a flipped view would be a pain: they reworked the map TEMPORARILY for Halloween.

Honestly, this gives such a massive disadvantage to one side that I'm amazed this game has been around this long without addressing this issue.

hamai

10-20-2011

just let me zoom out more, pretty please? I think the locked camera is amazing when the screen is full of people fighting, you can know where you are without sorting out the whole mess... you're always in the center, this is an amazing advantage in big fights... it's one feature I miss in many games: freedom to zoom more

MadMage86

10-21-2011

Fix the camera.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2011

so many easy fixes, let's see:

1. Change the camera angle so it's completely top down and you can see equally far in each direction(instead of having a chunk of your view taken away at the bottom of the screen from the hud and the angle of the camera.

2.Rotate the maps clockwise 45 degrees. that way it's left vs. right instead of top vs bottom. both teams have to deal with **** defending bot and pushing top(though this way, the map does get in the way more for blue. make them have to deal with an unfair disadvantage for a while.)

3. let people Zoom out the camera. it wouldn't change your field of vision or the overall fog of war, it would just let people actually be able to, say, use kog-maw's or nocturne's ultimate without having to unlock the camera in the middle of a hectic fight. Really, this would be the easiest. we've all seen them soom the camera out far more in the spotlights then you actually can in the game(may not look like much, but you can see it quite clearly in the fiddlesticks spotlight when they're going over his skills.)

and a fourth option, make the whole thing full 3D with an over the shoulder camera angle. :P

SmallFluffyBunny

10-28-2011

As posted by so many others, it is so difficult to play ranged on Summoners Rift on the purple side when we do so well on the blue side. It is difficult concentrating on playing while trying to see what you're up against and/or attacking. I don't know how difficult it would be to just give the purple side the exact same view as the blue side as the map seems to be nearly identical (except Baron, Dragon, etc. )from either side. When we team play, as soon as we know it's the purple side, it becomes no fun as most everytime, it's a loss. Could this at least be looked in to? I have seen numerous other complaints about this and I'm sure I'm just an echo of what they're saying, but it does get frustrating, so I'm venting a little. Thanks for all the support and a great game!!

Sicktired

10-28-2011

I quit the game because I don't want to play upside down and backwards on the purple team. Would it be possible for you guys to send out an email when this is fixed so I know when to come back?

Tricklock

10-31-2011

I was actually going to come to this forum to post something the same as this. I look on the first page and it's already here. I feel that I am a consistent player, and when I play on the blue side, I do extremely well. Yet, I am so consistent to the point that whenever I play on the purple side, I always go negative. I am constantly getting similar results when playing on the blue side, and then opposite (but also consistent) scores on the purple side. Obviously this is an issue if enough people are complaining about it. Agreed, most "serious" players play unlocked but when centering on your character using the spacebar, the split seconds it takes to move your mouse to the bottom left edge of the screen to get that same screen real estate that one would have on the blue side are extremely vital in a team battle or a 1v1, or even a chase. There are countless times when I died and couldn't pop off a certain skill in time because I had to push the screen over when I could have just centered it using space bar. The camera angle is noticeably hindering my performance. Why would the fix be to "get better" when it is obviously creating an unequal gameplay experience?

This is my plight with this issue, and thank you for reading my rant.

Hugh G Rekshan

11-02-2011

Purple sucks, its a lame color anyways! (I'll offend you if I want :P)

@Riot
Implement a toggle feature NOW! :/ pretty please
It would be simple to program, talking minutes here, if it takes you longer I'll do it for you lol.
Also I read a post about a hotkey to hide the hud? (The bar with champion info and options)
That would be cool too and take minutes to program