Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,207 78.84%
No, I do not agree 56 3.66%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 268 17.50%
Voters: 1531. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weavols

09-29-2011

What if we just make everyone who votes against this always spawn as purple? I mean, they're super beings who've evolved beyond the need to see, let them be purple. If the trend persisted, I'd only have to be purple like 10% of the time

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercanic View Post
First off, I agree.

My guess for why this hasn't been done yet is that the map was only designed to be viewed from one direction. If you were to rotate the camera, you might see geometry holes and other optimizations. So, while rotating a camera is technically simple, the map would need an art and lightning passover to ensure visual integrity. Finally, plugging these holes may push the map over its processing budget, thus requiring even more work (such as making new holes for the reversed camera view).
I don't think so, a 3D model on the scale of the rift will be a 360 degree design, the choice of camera angle and Zoom is done afterwards. Take a look at the snapshots of Xerath over in Announcements. Most of those are not possible in game shots, you'll also notice that from the reverse angle all of the rift is complete.

I just don't get the fixed view. I the meanwhile, I only play dominion, will start some serious twisted treeline once I unlock Trundle

For now, I'm pretty much done with Summoners Rift. Sadly.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2011

if Riot would just roates the map clockwise 45 degrees, it wouldn't matter anymore. no team would have an advantage due to camera angle. why is it so hard to make a map that doesn't favor one team over the other? That's kind of biased and makes me think riot doesn't care at all about a fun experience for their player base. Just a simple little map rotation and I wouldn't be thinking of switching over to ROTT.

CCCM89

09-30-2011

I bump the petition for the sake of getting the camera change in some way to make it fair for purple team.

CCCM89

10-02-2011

bump for the sake of bumping.

Reynmaker

10-11-2011

Bump for hope.

MauledByaKitteh

10-11-2011

AMEN. <3 PLEASE riot, make this so.

Reynmaker

10-11-2011

C'mon RIOT, lemme lose because they were better, not because I couldn't land a skill shot. I know the MOBA genre is all about one locked angle for all, but you guys could be the first to change this. How about the BEST angle for all ?

CCCM89

10-16-2011

bump...For Great Justice!

Just rotate the map clowise by 45 degrees. that ways it's left vs. right like all the other maps in this game. at least them, both sides would be at a dissadvantage defending bot or pushing top, rather then the purple team having a constant dissadvantage all around. Makes you wonder how this game is competitive hen you can almost gauruntee winning before the match even starts, just because of what side of the map you're on.

KuronekoRuriGoko

10-16-2011

bump because this needs to be seen.

this would help especially for locked players( yeah yeah unlocked players can hate all they want its delicious when they do).