Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,226 78.74%
No, I do not agree 57 3.66%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 274 17.60%
Voters: 1557. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozae

10-03-2012

this would be very easy to add, i would prefer if there was an option and it wouldn't force it because i have become used to it. doing this would require the map, movement, etc... to be completely reversed. this is not hard however it would take a lot of work since they have a lot of content.

Fragems001

10-03-2012

If they wanted something really simple they could just make the map horizontal or let us position the skill bar on another part of the screen(as in a option to place it on the top, bottom, left, or right). At the bare minimum they should integrate some more hud options into the game.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

at the bare minimum they should let people zoom out the camera past the fog of war. at least then, despite the camera angle, you could see whethe same distance as everyone else when on purple.

themaximus77

10-07-2012

riot, please add this/... especially helpful for us noobs/low elo players!

Elefes

10-14-2012

I play SC2 and I have never heard that 2 o'clock position is in a huge disadvantage over 8 o'clock because of UI. You must be missing smth and/or this game is not for you. It's really EASY to move camera around your summoner, with some practice you do it naturally.

Dislike me all day, but:
1. Don't you dare voting yes, if you play with locked camera
2. Don't you dare voting, if you don't watch minimap every 5 secs
3. Don't you dare voting, if you didn't change interface

Regarding camera angle:
You see the same map at the same angle as they do. Stick your camera to THEIR point of view (as if you play blue), problem solved.

Regarding Baron and Dragon positioning, I somewhat agree, but:
1. Although it is easier to get Baron from blue side, it is also more vulnerable to steals/harassing
2. Tnx to shorter spawning time and earlier initial spawn, purple benefits from it a lot and it sorta compensates for how unreachable Baron is.

There're other points obv. I just think that teams' overall strategy should vary slightly on each side. Just like in every other game.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefes View Post
I play SC2 and I have never heard that 2 o'clock position is in a huge disadvantage over 8 o'clock because of UI. You must be missing something and/or this game is not for you. It's really EASY to move camera around your summoner, with some practice you do it naturally.

Dislike me all day, but:
1. Don't you dare voting yes, if you play with locked camera
2. Don't you dare voting, if you don't watch minimap every 5 secs
3. Don't you dare voting, if you didn't change interface

Regarding camera angle:
You see the same map at the same angle as they do. Stick your camera to THEIR point of view (as if you play blue), problem solved.

Regarding Baron and Dragon positioning, I somewhat agree, but:
1. Although it is easier to get Baron from blue side, it is also more vulnerable to steals/harassing
2. Thanks to shorter spawning time and earlier initial spawn, purple benefits from it a lot and it sorta compensates for how unreachable Baron is.

There are other points obviously. I just think that teams' overall strategy should vary slightly on each side. Just like in every other game.
You, sir, have missed the point completely. Saying people shouldn't play the game like you are is rather rude. If you don't care about the camera angle, that's your business, but several other people do have a problem with it, and it is affecting the quality of their gaming experience. Don't talk down to the people who don't want to be forced to do more micromanagement with the camera just for being placed on a specific team. If you have to move the camera more then you would with purple then you would with blue, that means purple is at a disadvantage. If you don't agree with that, that's fine. Just don't insult the people who want this disadvantage removed.

Also, you had several typos in your post, so I took the liberty of correcting them. Please try to use spell check before you make your post.

Davidior

11-11-2012

The easiest solution is to just have purple playing from the bottom as well. Dragon would end up being where Baron normally is, and vice versa for Baron. Still the same map.

Froilen

05-23-2013

why this was never implemented??!?!

Crimsyn Chaos

05-23-2013

PLEASE make it an OPTION for a camera flip. It makes me want to quit the game when I end up being on top right of the map EVERY game of ARAM and Summoner's Rift.

I'm fine with the way the maps are made AS LONG AS both teams have an equal playing field as far as the camera angle goes.

Nutz0

05-24-2013

Seriously. It cant be too hard to make an option to flip the HUD to the top of the screen. Even if they don't change the camera angle, simply moving the ability bar, the map, and the character info bar to the top of the screen, and moving the k/d/a bar to the bottom, it could solve many problems.