Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,204 78.85%
No, I do not agree 56 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 267 17.49%
Voters: 1527. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soundlesssteps

09-27-2011

It really shouldn't be too hard to make this slight change. I'd be happy if they just add the option to flip the HUD so that the map and big stuff are at the top of the screen. The angle advantage blue has is hardly noticeable, but still existent. People wouldn't be complaining about it otherwise. I can't imagine it being too hard just to mirror this. Everything else has been made.

Hercanic

09-27-2011

First off, I agree.

My guess for why this hasn't been done yet is that the map was only designed to be viewed from one direction. If you were to rotate the camera, you might see geometry holes and other optimizations. So, while rotating a camera is technically simple, the map would need an art and lightning passover to ensure visual integrity. Finally, plugging these holes may push the map over its processing budget, thus requiring even more work (such as making new holes for the reversed camera view).

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Twisted Treeline: Blue team=Left side, Purple team=Right side.
Crystal Scar: Blue team=Left side, Purple team=Right side.
Summoner's Rift: Blue team=Bottom left, Purple team=Top right.

Do you see which of these doesn't fit? :P

changing the camera angle to a more top down view might not be the best, or easiest change. Why not just rotate the map 45 degrees clockwise? that way blue=left and purple=right, like all the other maps. I think this would be the easiest change to impliment. a simple 45 degree rotation and no longer will you have to fight the camera when attacking top & mid, or defending bottom. Sound like a good fix?

I would get into MS Paint and take the in-game mini map and rotate it 45 degrees, but paint only lets me rotate by right angles. If anyone is willing, could they post an image of the Mini Map rotated 45 degrees clockwise?

An Okay Player

09-27-2011

can i just point out that you can scale your hud and remove the backround of the hud?

i really dont see an advantage, and if you play with your camera locked then you shouldnt be playing lol

seriously learn to play with it unlocked

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Lord0Karnage: even if you got rid of the entire HUD, you still have more space to see aboveyour character then below it. This is because the camera is not looking straight down at you. it is looking at an angle. It's like looking out a second floor window. you can see the street, you can see the far sidwalk, but you can't see the sidewalk closest to you.

Also, there are those of us that do not think it shoudl be nessessary to ignore a feature of the game, jsut tobe able to play the game. We have locked cameras for a reason. people like them. it is easier to see things around you with it. And most of all, a lot of people don't like having to constantly scroll the camera jsut to keep up with their player and still be able to attack the enemy.

Weavols

09-27-2011

No amount of l2p fixes this problem. It IS an imbalance, period. No matter where the camera is, locked or unlocked, you can see farther in the direction that 90% of the fights have to happen when you don't draw the short straw for purple. This is not an opinion. it is fact.

Mao Ranma

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCM89 View Post
Twisted Treeline: Blue team=Left side, Purple team=Right side.
Crystal Scar: Blue team=Left side, Purple team=Right side.
Summoner's Rift: Blue team=Bottom left, Purple team=Top right.

Do you see which of these doesn't fit? :P

changing the camera angle to a more top down view might not be the best, or easiest change. Why not just rotate the map 45 degrees clockwise? that way blue=left and purple=right, like all the other maps. I think this would be the easiest change to impliment. a simple 45 degree rotation and no longer will you have to fight the camera when attacking top & mid, or defending bottom. Sound like a good fix?

I would get into MS Paint and take the in-game mini map and rotate it 45 degrees, but paint only lets me rotate by right angles. If anyone is willing, could they post an image of the Mini Map rotated 45 degrees clockwise?
This. It's the best option.

AgarethEU

09-29-2011

This should be solved implementing some sort of change regarding the HUD. That what fks everything up for players starting North

Makaki

09-29-2011

If I'm not mistaken the map is 3D in it's core, thus the posted screenshots with other angles and points of view.

Sure, it may have been optimized for 1 view, but it doesn't mean you have to recode the entire rendering engine to change the view. You just need a map artist to retouch it. I see the map currently like your face, you are used to seeing it from the front, but when you see your own face from a different angle, you find it different.

Rotating the map 45 degrees is probably a lot harder, cause the tiles would then be orientated in a way that it would require a rendering engine update. But they could mock-up a brand new map that is based on the old one and rotated 45 degrees, so sides are left-right

It has nothing to do with locked / unlocked, try driving in the other direction:
http://www.mcvuk.com/cimages/e63b056...2bdca699c1.jpg

CCCM89

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao Ranma View Post
This. It's the best option.
if it is, then upvote my post so riot can see it. maybe they'll actually do it then.