Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,223 78.75%
No, I do not agree 57 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 273 17.58%
Voters: 1553. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dolan PLS

04-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman7 View Post
I'm just gonna play against bots until this is changed.
Also not spending a dime on this game until at least it is confirmed that it will change.
My friend, I agree and sympathize with yours and the the majority of this thread's sentiments, and there are three things I would like to point out:

1. Players have been trained to play Blue, starting from the bottom left corner in bot games. Bot games are sanctuary for new players and experienced alike, who want to play in more friendly environment conducive to learning new skills/learning to play new characters. Riot, you don't want us to learn bad playing habits do you? Letting players play Purple on bot games does this issue only a little justice however...

2. ...as human players gank a whole in real games. They like to come from behind too, usually, when your free camera is moved ahead of your character to compensate for the action and stat bars obscuring the view.

3. Sorry man, time is money; they still earn your money (= time) while you spend time(=money) playing bot games.

Ernest P Worrel

04-08-2012

People play locked?

Sanjio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2012

100% agree. As I mentioned in other threads I play unlocked & playing unlocked doesn't solve the issue for me. Its immersion breaking imo plus the 3/4 angle of the terrain makes sense for blue but definately not for purple. This issue discourages many people from playing PVP simply because of the risk of playing on purple team so they either quit all together or just play bots & treeline. If they gave us a mirror camera option for purple team it would be great. So please Riot for the love of god aknowledge this thread & all you people who want a camera solution to purple team spread the word & get people in here to vote.

yurikawa

04-09-2012

Yes change purple team camera angle please!

peterever

04-09-2012

This game would be 100x more enjoyable with purple team able to play with the same view point as blue. Lil hard work for the possibility of more people playing pvp comfortably.

zealerman

04-09-2012

I'm all for this I think it would be awesome but I really don't want to get my hopes up. I looked around & found quite a few threads regarding purple team view changes and riot has never commented....

alaskaneagle

04-10-2012

It would be great to actually have the game even instead of having to wonder how much of your win or lose was do to the difference in view.

It has an effect on the game. They know about it and admit it. They just don't do anything about it...

I've heard riot uses barron and dragon as the reason but all they'd have to do is make the camps look different or have an icon before the minions spawn so there isn't any confusion.

Then people would call them Bar lane and drag lane. or just B and D lanes.

Easy fixes that wouldn't take much adjusting to lessen the biggest part of the learning curve (purple view blue view) And the thing that makes new players decide the game isn't worth playing. (which means one of the biggest issues costing riot money from new players staying and spending money)

Even I have decided to never pay money until this issue is addressed

CarlSagansCosmos

04-10-2012

maybe allow for elegant zoom out depending on where you are on the map. So the farther you are on purple side, the more your camra angel will zoom out to x point. as you move toward the center of the field, the camera angel stabilizes.

Sanjio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaneagle View Post
It would be great to actually have the game even instead of having to wonder how much of your win or lose was do to the difference in view.

It has an effect on the game. They know about it and admit it. They just don't do anything about it...

I've heard riot uses barron and dragon as the reason but all they'd have to do is make the camps look different or have an icon before the minions spawn so there isn't any confusion.

Then people would call them Bar lane and drag lane. or just B and D lanes.

Easy fixes that wouldn't take much adjusting to lessen the biggest part of the learning curve (purple view blue view) And the thing that makes new players decide the game isn't worth playing. (which means one of the biggest issues costing riot money from new players staying and spending money)

Even I have decided to never pay money until this issue is addressed
^ This exactly. Here's hoping they will provide us with another camera option for purple team someday. Until then I definately won't be spending money on the game.

Ricochet Saw

04-10-2012

This would break the current meta...

Personally I have no issue with the camera angles.

If you are having issues with your kda on purple keep in mind that you may just have had a bad round. If you consistently have a bad round learn2playwithunlocked camera ;P