Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1232 78.72%
No, I do not agree 57 3.64%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 276 17.64%
Voters 1565 .

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjm3

03-23-2012

Yeah its no doubt that the HUD does get in the way sometimes, witch is why I have mine so small I cant even read anything on it. One of the suggestions was being able to move the HUD, which would be a great addition, just as many of the other suggestions would.

DarkÇide

03-24-2012

A mirroring option would provide a level playing field.

Any other solution would have to be combined with additional solutions to create a viable alternative to a map mirror option. And each of these solutions have to be tweaked to a point where they are acceptable. It's a more difficult design challenge and the end result will most likely always be inferior to a map mirror option. And it would take iteration to reach a state that satisfies all players.

What I mean to say is a map mirror option is one way to solve this, or they could solve the HUD problem, the view angle problem and the camera center position problem. If HUD, angle or camera center aren't all redesigned or tweaked in a revolutionary way where all three function exceptionally the effort may be wasted.

Jarirk

03-25-2012

The main problem with these improved camera angles would be the confusion of matching up top and bot lanes. I realize for plenty of people this would be simple "all it takes is looking at your team color." But for the younger and... less intelligent players who play this game i can see where this could be confusing.

CCCM89

03-28-2012

Quote:
Jarirk:
The main problem with these improved camera angles would be the confusion of matching up top and bot lanes. I realize for plenty of people this would be simple "all it takes is looking at your team color." But for the younger and... less intelligent players who play this game i can see where this could be confusing.

then again, just rotating the camera angle 45 degree would keep top lane top and bottom lane on the bottom, just without one team having the advantage of being able to see farther.

EDIT: really? a downvote? why do you want to force riot to do this is exactly the one way you want, even though there are easier ways to fix the camera? Hell, if they just let you zoom out the camera further, then you can just zoom out to your champion's maximum range. still, why the downvote? you do know that the more work riot has to do on this, the less likely they'll even bother doing it, rigt?

SpluC

03-29-2012

the simple and most easiest way to solve this is a customizable action bar it takes up a lot of space on bottom make it less space consuming or allow customization to set it up the way we like or just flip it to the top of screen when on purple side im to the point im quitting a char selection every time im put on purple side

customizable action bar is the easiest and quickest solution

CCCM89

03-30-2012

Quote:
SpluC:
the simple and most easiest way to solve this is a customizable action bar it takes up a lot of space on bottom make it less space consuming or allow customization to set it up the way we like or just flip it to the top of screen when on purple side im to the point im quitting a char selection every time im put on purple side

customizable action bar is the easiest and quickest solution

moving the action bar won't fix it, and here is an example why:
go up to the second floor of your house/apartment(or any nearby multiple story building) and look out the window. you can see pretty far out there, right? now look down. can you see the edge of the building you're in? can you see the ground below your window? no, you can't. sure, you can try to open the window or remove anything that might be in the way, but unless you stick your head out the window and look straight down, you're not going to see the ground below you.

same problem with the camera. it's at an angle, not looking straight down, so no amount of hud removeal will allow you to see the same distance below the center of the screen then above.

Does that help clarify the issue here? are you now aware that it's not a hud issue, but the in game camera itself?

wilzou

03-31-2012

This camera is really annoying!
More I play the purple side more I want to stop League of Legends

Please change the angle Riot!

9mmSP

04-01-2012

78% and so far the riot games ignores the fact that people who play with the camera locked are being harmed, sorry ...

rajo101

04-01-2012

Angle would help some, but I noticed that the "Fast Terrain" suggestion images also feature the supposedly cool looking metal in between the abilities, minimap, and profile has been removed. This would be a great help as well.

EDIT:

Quote:
CCCM89:
moving the action bar won't fix it, and here is an example why:
go up to the second floor of your house/apartment(or any nearby multiple story building) and look out the window. you can see pretty far out there, right? now look down. can you see the edge of the building you're in? can you see the ground below your window? no, you can't. sure, you can try to open the window or remove anything that might be in the way, but unless you stick your head out the window and look straight down, you're not going to see the ground below you.

same problem with the camera. it's at an angle, not looking straight down, so no amount of hud removeal will allow you to see the same distance below the center of the screen then above.

Does that help clarify the issue here? are you now aware that it's not a hud issue, but the in game camera itself?

Nice way of looking at it, it helped me realize that angle is the primary issue. However, that is not to say more can be done (though I suppose it can wait). Like removing the decorative metal between the stats, and maybe eventually a moveable bar.

Reynmaker

04-02-2012

Quote:
Jarirk:

I actually disagree with this. Baron is now purple's bot and dragon their top. Nothing has changed, on blue, you are solo top on purple, solo bot. etc etc etc. One Phreak spotlight explains this.

Ultimately, the pros and high elos will adapt easily, and all the locked screen guys and gals can enjoy the game from both teams.