FUNDED Petition - Camera Balance!

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorderon

09-13-2013

[CENTER]STARTING A FUND TO HAVE THE ISSUE ADDRESSED![/CENTER]

[CENTER]This thread is intended to address the camera disadvantage for locked screen players on purple side.[/CENTER]

This is a carry over from "Locked Camera Discussion" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2019392) that Riot UI Designer Boourns began and several of the pledges below are from that.

Even Boourns said "Building consensus about focusing on this as something to fix at is probably more difficult than fixing the problem." (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...019392&page=70) (Page 70 Riot post 80/82) So here's your incentive to spend LESS effort FIXING the problem than the MORE effort Riot would apparently prefer to do to decide HOW MUCH of a problem it actually is.

--

[CENTER]PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE RESPONDING WITH YOUR SUGGESTIONS:
RIOT HAS ALREADY SPECIFICALLY SAID 'NO' TO THESE SUGGESTIONS, SO LET'S FOCUS ON THE SUGGESTION AT THE BOTTOM[/CENTER]

(1) Riot will not allow us to zoom out further - just not gonna happen, leave it alone
(2) Riot is avidly against allowing a mirror flip of the screen for lots of reasons
(3) Allowing us to move the UI from the bottom of the screen to wherever you want (IE, top of the screen when on purple side) STILL leaves a view distance difference as well as a huge width issue (your view up the screen is a cone).
(4) Allowing us to rotate the camera requires a full rework of the jungle/map on SR as it would require the top and bottom lane to be shortened significantly to the length of the middle lane, reducing the amount of area in the jungle. Rotating the screen but keeping the lanes the same length would further exaggerate the poor camera angle once you move into the opponents side of the map.

[CENTER]L2P unlocked is not an appropriate or RELEVANT response in this thread[/CENTER]

This discussion has NOTHING to do with telling people to learn to play unlocked. This is for the players who DO prefer locked play or have great difficulty with unlocked play.

To all people who think this will affect their locked gameplay (people who say 'if they change it most people will dislike the change'), YOUR GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE WILL NOT CHANGE IN THE LEAST.

This is VERY simply the OPTION to be able to relock your champion in a new spot and have the camera follow you from there. If you play unlocked...this DOES NOT EVEN APPLY TO YOU. For the people who play locked....THIS IS JUST AN OPTION YOU WOULD NEED TO CHOOSE.

[CENTER]Here are some pictures (Credit to Eskimofo who posted these in a similar thread) of exactly what the problem is:[/CENTER]

Pic 1: The current View from Blue side and the length of a skill shot

Pic 2: The current View from Purple side and the length of that same skill shot

Pic 3: Where we could be allowed to re-lock our camera's to or a suggested new default spot as an option to lock our cameras to which allows the same viewable area beneath our champion on purple side as blue has above their champion.

Name:  Bottom LOL.jpg
Views: 3220
Size:  207.7 KB

Name:  Top LOL.jpg
Views: 3217
Size:  201.1 KB

Name:  New Top LOL.jpg
Views: 3234
Size:  190.6 KB

--

I pledge to spend $100 on this game as soon as something is done to fix the locked camera disadvantage to purple side to my satisfaction and not to spend a penny more until it is so.

[CENTER]SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS AS AN OPTION[/CENTER]

(1) Allow us to designate a new spot to "re-lock" our champion and have the camera follow us from there.

(2) Implement a new default spot our champions are locked on the camera with a new hot-key for that spot that will provide purple side with as much viewable area below their champion as blue side has above their champion (such as in picture 3).

[CENTER]------------
PLEASE LIST YOUR ACCOUNT & YOUR PLEDGE BELOW IF YOU CARE ENOUGH
------------
[/CENTER]

Summoner --------------------------- Amount: Total: $2,040** so far ($1,020 pledged with Matching up to $2k)

[CENTER]EthePony has personally pledged to match the collective pledge up to TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS![/CENTER]

(a) EthePony ----------------------- Matching up to 2,000$
(1) Sorderon ----------------------- $100
(2) Best Atheist NA ---------------- $50
(3) A Lurker Above ----------------- $100
(4) Nezbeck ------------------------ $50
(5) Gary13931----------------------- $20
(6) Bolraguard---------------------- $100
(7) Dukasho ------------------------ $50 ********
(8) Saydene ------------------------ $100
(9) Kelnack ------------------------ $10
(10) Sikhvick ----------------------- $35
(11) Korkalek ----------------------- $35
(12) Erich Sturmovic ---------------- $100
(13) Rivainn ------------------------ $50
(14) Woofie ------------------------- $50
(15) Lammah ------------------------- $100
(16) Fluffydaysleeper --------------- $50

**** Dukasho has unfortunately, but understandably removed his pledge stating in part "No red response, Riot doesn't care. I can't take another game on purple side. I have uninstalled after playing for a few years and over 5k games played between SR/Dom/ARAM."

Sorderon

09-13-2013

bump

Sorderon

09-15-2013

bump

edenPiE

09-17-2013

While I don't have any money to pledge, I think this would be a REEALLY nice thing to have.

Saydene

09-18-2013

Pledged. Riot, this should be an EASY implementation. You set lock as a toggle that locks the camera wherever the character is and screen center would work in both locked or unlocked. It baffles me that such a huge establishment allows such an unbalanced user experience to persist. This is a 10 minute scripting job to duct tape a problem that should be addressed with fixing the engine itself.

Saydene

09-18-2013

I should mention I've spent the nearly $300 in my two months getting to 30 and kicking off into ranked. Once I realized how much is broken or ignored I stopped spending like crazy because my progression is halted by factors that are out of my control. This small fix is worth 100 to me.

Fix MMR and I'm sure plenty of wallets will open. Sorry for off topic.

Sorderon

09-18-2013

yea...it's pretty ridiculous how easy the fix would be to ignore it....

Hell..what programmer wouldn't take $570 to spend a few minutes putting in the option?

Thanks for your pledge Saydene

Saydene

09-20-2013

Still holding strong.

Matias

09-21-2013

Riot PLS. This is a completely ideal fix, which, as aforementioned, requires about 10 minute to fix. It will help many players out there who have difficulty with unlocked, without changing any gameplay..

IS13afa20c6968d74fba626

09-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matias View Post
Riot PLS. This is a completely ideal fix, which, as aforementioned, requires about 10 minute to fix. It will help many players out there who have difficulty with unlocked, without changing any gameplay..
You have actually no idea (and I insist : no idea) on how long this added functionnality is really going to take.
Besides, your pledging is nothing. No offense, but they make thousands in sales in less than 15 minutes.

1234511 ... 16