Purple Camera View Issues: Solved?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DTHPWN

Junior Member

11-24-2012

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I can't seem to find the thread. As many players would probably agree, after playing tons of tutorial and Co-Op vs AI games as Blue, playing games as Purple causes me great difficulty. I find myself 'fighting' with my camera view quite a bit and losing fights because of the decreased field of vision and having a hard time getting used to the reversed orientation.

A (hopefully) simple solution would be this: no matter which color your team is playing, every person on your team would be playing from the left side of the screen. That way TOP is always TOP for your team, BOTTOM is always BOTTOM, etc. As long as you know which COLOR your team is, you will all know where to look for Baron, the Dragon, etc.

Thanks for listening!

-DTHPWN


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DubiousKilla

Member

11-25-2012

Upvote and I agree it is entirely too disorienting being purple for me. And more often than not when I'm on a purple team everyone else is complaining about being on purple too. Zoom would be a great option to have as well, and very useful with champs that have global ults or long distance ults and would not require the unwieldy unlocking and re-locking of camera to jump into a fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xDialtone

Senior Member

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiousKilla View Post
Upvote and I agree it is entirely too disorienting being purple for me. And more often than not when I'm on a purple team everyone else is complaining about being on purple too. Zoom would be a great option to have as well, and very useful with champs that have global ults or long distance ults and would not require the unwieldy unlocking and re-locking of camera to jump into a fight.
Honestly, you shouldn't have camera locked at all and should just use the space bar to shift back to your character.

But I agree with this as well, Being on purple is a huge (or at least bigger) disadvantage then playing on blue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Intellectional

Senior Member

11-26-2012

The community has been complaining about this forever. This solution is probably the best in my opinion. Dunno why it hasn't been implemented yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SomaQL

Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHPWN View Post
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I can't seem to find the thread. As many players would probably agree, after playing tons of tutorial and Co-Op vs AI games as Blue, playing games as Purple causes me great difficulty. I find myself 'fighting' with my camera view quite a bit and losing fights because of the decreased field of vision and having a hard time getting used to the reversed orientation.

A (hopefully) simple solution would be this: no matter which color your team is playing, every person on your team would be playing from the left side of the screen. That way TOP is always TOP for your team, BOTTOM is always BOTTOM, etc. As long as you know which COLOR your team is, you will all know where to look for Baron, the Dragon, etc.

Thanks for listening!

-DTHPWN
I don't think this is even possible to implement. Since League of Legends uses a Map-Based Engine (I don't think there is one that does't include a level (or map) segment, for lack of a better word). Hitherto, it would be nigh impossible to "flip" the map around for both teams.
Alright. Think of SR as a true map. It's just a 3D"diagram" that people fight on. How do you plan on fighting on the same side of the diagram?
I know I worded this poorly, but hopefully you see the logic in this. (I also may be full of it, as the Source engine is the only one I have experience with).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2012

The weirdest part of that change would be that you'd be playing on a different map each game (imagine that you played blue one game, had the golems bot. Next game as purple, the map would be flipped and you'd be on the Blue buff's side instead)

Although really, I just don't have this issue anywhere with which side I play as (though I do feel like the mid turrets are a touch weird coming out from the jungle from river, blue hits more easily than purple I think)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-26-2012

ah yes, the camera angle. glad to see riot still hasn't done a damn thing to fix it. I would hate to think they actually cared about balancing the game...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestPlayerBrazil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-27-2012

As someone who can't lay off locked camera I greatly support this


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pvt Ryan

Junior Member

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDialtone View Post
Honestly, you shouldn't have camera locked at all and should just use the space bar to shift back to your character.

But I agree with this as well, Being on purple is a huge (or at least bigger) disadvantage then playing on blue.
Slightly off-topic: Something that a lot of people don't get is that some people are somewhat forced to either play with a low-quality mouse or a touchpad. As a side note, being able to engage and disengage camera-lock with a hotkey for me would be fantastic, as engaging in a fight without camera lock is a nightmare since I use a poorly-tracking mouse. Back on topic: I too agree that something should be done to flip the purple point of view, it's disorienting and bothersome. Flipping the map would make much more sense than simply playing from the top to bottom.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeanschyso

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-30-2012

I personally feel more home on purple side. The ganking routes are much easier to pull off over there, which balances out for the UI getting in the way.

Being on that side also means that if the mid doesn't want blue or can't take it, support gets blue. Do you know how much harass you can put out as Lulu or Sona with Blue? A LOT.

If they do a screen flip, I hope they find a way to nerf purple side, because purple would have a definitive advantage regarding jungle routes and where the buffs are. Red being near solo lane and blue near duo lane is way too powerful


123