Can anybody show me how to see chat in spectator mode?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2013

http://i.imgur.com/kp0aBJo.png

You can see in the bottom left hand corner that the button toggling chat is checked. However, the only thing that will ever appear in chat are item buy callouts, like when someone buys an aegis of the legion, or a sight ward etc. In literally no game have I seen a single thing typed in chat or all chat. At first I thought the people I was spectating were unusually quiet, but after a few months of this I can only assume something else is wrong. Is there a different button I have to press? Is my lol bugged? Is it just not possible to see chat in spec mode (I know it's not possible to see team chat, but I thought all chat was fair game)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fadedcamo

12-27-2013

Have you tried pressing enter? The chat may hide until you type on it. You can /msg friends on it and stuff.

Gðd

12-28-2013

I have the same problem as him. I can chat to friends in the game I'm spectating but I dont actually see the chat being said in game by the players to each other.

I also have chat toggled on....it's weird.

My friends can see our chat when we play so Its something to do with the settings that i'd also like to know

NoNickname90

05-04-2014

*revives thread*
I hope this was answered, or you all have your answer. If not, it's because think about it. If you could chat, you could potentially tell your friends what's going on.

So the game is delayed about 5 minutes. Also, you're not allowed to see what's being said anyways. If you've heard otherwise, then please link me to where, because this is what I know.

That is all.

My help is done.

XXEliteXXAceXX

05-08-2014

Quote:
NoNickname90
*revives thread*
I hope this was answered, or you all have your answer. If not, it's because think about it. If you could chat, you could potentially tell your friends what's going on.

So the game is delayed about 5 minutes. Also, you're not allowed to see what's being said anyways. If you've heard otherwise, then please link me to where, because this is what I know.

That is all.

My help is done.
I think I know where Fomorian27 is heading... Personally, I have always had the same thinking as to why Riot hasn't implement the feature of being able to see the chat in Spectator Mode.

**NOTE**: If there is such a feature, please stop me and correct me on my mistake.

Yes, we can toggle the chat at the bottom left-hand corner, however, that only allows you to see the items the players buy and a little more. Additionally, I think we all already know you can press enter and chat with your friends on PvP.Net Client by typing /r 'Summoner Name' (Reply) or /msg 'Summoner Name' (Message). The real question is how to see the chat in-game by the players as a spectator...

As far as I know, Riot has not implemented this feature into Spectating yet and I don't see any disadvantage or advantages to this. First of all, all games that are spectated have a few minutes delay. Second of all, it doesn't matter if you cheat by typing to your friends and telling them the enemies' plot because due to the delay, you'll basically be typing to yourself and the players in-game can't see what you say.

The only possible way you can say there is cheating is if the enemy says "Lets initiate Nashor Baron or Dragon at # minutes". This, however, is true as to why chat is cannot be seen in spectator mode but then what about the streams? Many players are able to see chat and they can easily tell the streamer what the enemies plan to do.

semthews

1 Day Ago

I usually just alt tab and click the "hidden icons" button on my taskbar (windows 8). There's a riot logo there and if click it, it opens the client where I can chat as normal.