Have you ever met Taric's brother Rodoric?

1234511 ... 35
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crunkie

01-26-2012

Edit: Dont just upvote! Leave a comment or two! With enough attention we might be able to get a Red in here :O!

Edit2: Riot removed the Taric Chinese Art I had in this thread. No idea why. But if you want a visual example, google Chinese Taric Art.

I find the idea of a warrior fighting with a giant hammer, to be a cool idea. I also love the notion of using Gems offensively. Its an original idea that AD Taric just doesnt satisfy for me. And so that, and the picture attached, are what inspired me to create his brother, Rodoric - The Beacon of Hope. Hes a character I hope you guys like, and I hope he teaches all these "20 minute surrender gg" people, that you should always hope. Ive had some amazing comebacks in my time.

Instead of having another support character, (even though we desperately need one) I decided to make Rodoric a tanky melee dps, who now that I look him over, could actually double as a support with some really cool effects. Damage wise, I wanted to create a character who trades damage for cc. Someone who, isnt self-righteous and will gladly shave off his own damage, to keep his target in place so others can get fed. Or, keep his damage, and smash faces in.

First off, I wanna talk about his design. I picture him as Armorclad of course, but his color of gems, instead of being blue, like his brother, would be white. Or a more diamond color. his hair would be cut short, with stubble of course (for his hair and stubble, think along the lines of commando garen, without the glasses). He would be taller, and more built like Jarvan.

His weapon of course, would be his giant 2 handed Hammer of Diamonds. I picture it exactly the way it looks in the attached photo, only white.

His skills would be as follows.

Passive - Light the Way: Basic attacks give you vision on your target for up to 5 seconds and allied champions gain 15 MS when running towards a marked target.

Q - Seige: Rodoric's next attack does extra damage (based on his bonus AD) If Seige is used while Unarmed, it stuns the target for 1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5 seconds.

W- Crystal Spikes: Rodoric shatters his hammer on the ground underneath him, doing low damage over time (AP scaling imo), and slowing all enemies around him for 25/30/35/40/45% for 3 seconds. Rodoric becomes Unarmed, and loses 20/25/30/35/40 AD for 6 seconds until his Hammer regenerates.
Passive Effect: While Unarmed, Rodoric gains 15/20/25/30/35 Armor/Magic resistance.

E- Diamond Landslide: Rodoric slams his hammer/fist on the ground, and diamonds erupt in a cone in front of him, dealing Magic damage. If used while Unarmed, you gain 20/25/30/35/40% MS for 4 seconds.

R- Destroyer of Despair: Rodoric stops in place and begins swinging his hammer around in a whirlwind. Targets around Rodoric are knocked back and take low damage. When Destroyer of Despair is activated again, Rodoric releases his hammer in a skillshot that, after it collides with an Enemy champion, shatters, dealing high AoE damage to the target (and his surroundings) and applies Crystal Spikes to all effected. Has a long cooldown. Must be Armed to use. Rodoric becomes Unarmed after use.

Some people have brought up the point that he utilizes a lot of cc for his damage output. But guys, at level 16, when youre already building tanky, 40 AD is a lot to lose dontcha think? He trades off a lot of damage potential for cc, hes not a leona on steroids.

Hes either a self sacrificing champion for the great cause of his team, or hes a selfish hero who can deal his share of nice damage. YOU pick which one he is.

I really like the idea of the Unarmed system. Just because it makes you decide on some tough decisions. Should I go for extra damage? or get the stun off? It may need to be tweaked, because it might just gimp him altogether. I gave every move a special effect while unarmed so It didnt seem that way. I love his passive, because I dont know about you guys, but bush dodging is one of the most ENRAGING things I have ever encountered. I have died, lost kills, and evaded death using bushes and Fog of War like that. I made sure Rodoric wouldnt stand for it. I also like it, cause if you just poke with a hit, you can actually scout their team for a short second.

Now his lore.

Ever since he was born, Rodoric has never been one to give up. Even before he was born while his mother was pregnant with him, she became incredibly ill, and it was said that Rodoric had barely any chance of survival. Yet, on the day of his birth, he was born one of the healthiest babies the doctors had ever delivered. He grew up incredibly positive, yet firm. In everything, from school, to recreation, he never gave up. As a young man, he enlisted in the Military, believing he could make a difference and keep hope alive for the people he loved. He was soon deployed to many different worlds, spreading hope. On one such mission, him and the Squad he was assigned to, were supposed to travel into the mountains, where it was said, a man who could control the very blood in your body, was slaying innocent people. When they finally arrived at the broken temple, a monk with Ruby Red eyes came to greet them. Before a word was said, 3 of his comrades were dead, the blood spilling from their bodies, Rodoric charged, feeling confident that he could destroy the old man, only to have his own blood taken from him by the monks pale, sinister student who had been hiding in the shadows. They believed them all dead, and left them there to rot. Rodoric, and surprisingly one of his companions were still alive. Together they made the impossible trek back to base, where they were nursed back to health, never giving up hope. It was after they were healthy again, that Rodoric got news of his Older Brother, Taric, and his feats in the League. Upon reading a letter sent to him by his brother, he recognized one of his opponents by the description he gave, pale, sinister, and wielded blood as a weapon. All of the lives he ruined, all of the wives he widowed, all of the children he orphaned? All of the blood he shed. Realizing exactly who that was, Rodoric decided to join his brother in this League to put an end to someone who could spread so much despair.

I didnt put like a TON of thought into his lore, I just gave it a backbone. If Riot ever decided to make him real, I would hope their lore team would give him something more substantial, but along the same lines.

EDIT: Im looking for maybe some concept art from someone? Id do it myself, but I can barely draw a stick figure.
EDIT#2: I know that the attached picture is actually Taric Chinese art. I was using his hammer as an example. Sheeesh
Edit3: 100 upvotes! MOAR! We must have Rodoric on the fields of justice!
Edit4: 200 UPVOTES <3 <3 <3 <3
Edit5 300 UPVOTES <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

EdgarrAllanProe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Ahmazing.

Shadow Sathe

01-26-2012

Not bad actually.....

UltraD1sk

01-26-2012

truly, truly, truly outrageous

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

isn't that chinese taric art?

Lateon

01-26-2012

Is he...erm...straight?

Daxxt

01-26-2012

How long did this take you?
o.o

Crunkie

01-26-2012

Thanks Im glad you guys like it

It didnt take me too long, Ive been thinking about him for awhile. and Yes.
Hes straight.

ClamPaint

01-26-2012

+1

Crunkie

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupiter View Post
isn't that chinese taric art?
yes. I mainly put it there because thats exactly what I want his hammer to look like.

1234511 ... 35