About Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonewall008

05-30-2010

Taric is my new main (promoted from Kayle) and is simply one of the most versatile supports.

Aura stack this guy- but stack only auras that will benefit you. Don't take starks if your team doesn't have many that will benefit from it.

My build ---

Catalyst (keep it as long as possible- lane forever or push forever)
Merc Treads
Aegis

And now comes to what the enemy has. If they have mostly physical dps go Frozen Heart. If casters, make a banshee's veil. If they're balanced, build a GA or Randuins Omen.

Cleanse and Exhaust help him tons especially early game. Spec him as a tank and rune him as a tank - though he's not a true tank. He's team buff and enemy disruptor.

Korusho

05-30-2010

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE, THEY ARE STUPID AND KNOW NOTHING

Open with Vampiric scepter, then start stacking attack speed and attack power items, the attack speed CDs your heal like no god **** tomorrow, and the damage regens your mana like crazy.

Beyond your build, Taric is a good champ when used properly, support his passive, support his heal, support his Ult, but ffs, don't be a support. You are a DPS in disguise and with kick ass armor to boot, GO DO SOME INITIATING!

Hippo Man

05-30-2010

i prefer locket first

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

I rather think he's fun to play. He's not the most powerful, but very fun in my opinion.
My build with him break away from the convention a lot. I used to go for Doran's Sword (or shield, depending on who I'm laning with), and keep up the pressure. Then I go boot, and try to finish up Nashor, Aegis and Locket.

My alternative build (just to spite people) is starting with Faerie Charm and Health Bead, get Long Sword, boot, and finish up Tiamat. Then get Sheen, Phage, make Soul Shroud, and finish up Tri Force.. This build offer good regen, and an all around pushing style, giving you some extra damage, and ability to engage and deal some damage. Your heal comes mainly from hitting things and reducing the CD.

Lately, I've been doing Philo Stone->Kage's Pick->HoG->Deathfire->Soul Shroud/Stark->Nashor->Locket->Randuin Omen's with boot 3. If they enemy hasn't given up, you could always grab either Rylai for for some AP carnage, or get yourself a nice fat Blood Thirster/etc.
Most people would call this farfetch..I say with 3 Avarice Quint and 3 G/10 item, it's actually not that hard to do. I just finished a 45 min game with something like 13000G under my belt. We did have a very good team, and I did get disproportionate amount of assists compared to normal, but it was a 4v5, and getting a ton of passive gold starting at mid game can make life really fun.
The main advantage for this build is that you don't need to spend much time trying to get last hits, etc. Your life's goal is to annoy the hell out of the enemies with Dazzle->Shatter combo. With extra regen from Philo stone, it's a lot easier. Once you start getting all the G/10 items, your gold will keep flowing in even if you are not actively farming. It also allow you to balance out your skill growth, instead of investing heavily into Shatter just to farm, you can grab a few ranks of everything, increasing your overall harassing ability by a lot.

TapiocaBall

05-30-2010

Taric is a rush-type character. I.e. you want to gain a crippling tower advantage early before he becomes crappy. He`s super hard to kill early on, but becomes a prop later in the game. You can build aura items on him if you want, but you really won`t have that much money anyways.

Imo, always take teleport. He sucks at pushing, but he`s boss at taking down towers. Let your lane-pushers do their job, and as soon as they`re up to the tower, you teleport over there and you take it down.

1 tiamat on Taric works for me. Shatter does decent AoE damage but won`t 1-shot creepwaves. Tiamat lets you clean up the rest.