About Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kittehs

05-29-2010

Maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like Taric is a pretty "meh" character. I love playing as him, bought the skin and everything, but I feel like he's outclassed by most of the other support characters.

I usually build him like this:

Soul Shroud
Boots (Tabi or Merc's)
Stark's
Guinsoo's
Then Nashor's Tooth if the game goes that long.

Should I be building him differently? I win a lot of games like this because it has pretty good pushing / healing power, but I sometimes feel like I'm a walking stun and aura BF sword. What are some other builds that work really well? I'm hesitant to go DPS, so maybe that's my problem :S

Any pointers? :O

Bellicus

05-29-2010

as taric is kewl. helps out your passive, heal, and ult

deadlyki11er

05-29-2010

The best supportive Taric (imo) would be to build auras

Every...
Single...
Aura...

give or take innervating locket since its a "meh" item.

Must Haves:
-Aegis of the Legion
-Soul Shroud
-Chalice of Harmony

Stark's Fervor is better on ranged carry, or tough melee carry. But if no one is getting it.... GET IT

Your last item is up for grabs, probably nashor's though cuz you want to pump those heal's like crazy. That or guardian angel for longer lasting auras.

Xixy

05-29-2010

Taric is pretty boring to play these days.

sealTERROR

05-29-2010

Mhm.. It depends on how the game is going, but you can push a turret really easily.

Nashors Tooth
Boots (depends on other team - threads / tabi)
Starks
Shroud
Aegis
Tanky/AP (maybe rylais)

I find I can back door a turret very easily with golem buff + clarity + ult.

Judicator Wombat

05-29-2010

He feel's meh compared to other supports because he's much less active than them. His best support comes from his two auras so unlike Janna or Soraka who actively support people with constant spell casts Taric just has to stand there. It seems a lot less useful, but trust me the aura's make a huge difference.

Aegis is a must, it plus shatter grants ridiculous armor and makes your team notably beefier.

Xixy

05-29-2010

Aegis
Soul Shroud
Stark's
Frozen heart
GG

Luminous Flair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Well, when I play taric, I always just rush for aura items. I don't really find that dps or ap taric to be too useful and I'm usually able to grab a few kills. One recent game was pretty funny when I ended at 9/2/8 as the second best score on the team. The only one ahead of my was Ashe.

As for items, I go Aegis, Boots, Soul Shroud, and then Stark's if the game is still going, and then if the game is still going after that, usually frozen heart or guardian angel.

To me, he feels a lot beefier than the other support characters and can cause quite a bit of disruption in team fights due to dazzle and then shattering to catch low health opponents. Also, if the enemy team leaves you alive, then Radiance should cause your team to demolish theirs. Stacking auras is fairly effective as it basically provides free items to everyone else on your team. He's pretty good at pushing turrets so it always feels like I'm being active in achieving progress towards victory.

Xetvenen

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crithica View Post
Taric is pretty boring to play these days.

You shut up...Taric is

Brokroma

05-29-2010

Taric works pretty well with zerker greaves and some maladies.