@Riot Rune Question Please Look

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xDay

09-15-2011

Riot i was buying runes today, and i wanted to ask why is there 2 Yellow health regen, one per level and one flat, There is 2 Quints Like wise as yellow.
But i was wondering why is there only flat health regen with blue,
and no Red health regen at all i see there is armor and health per level for it. but no health regen.

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

Because yellow is the primary rune color for health regen, blue is secondary...and god what moron would even look to buy health regen runes in first place?... Oh ya..

Get hp runes not regen ones, you want regen? Get str of spirit defense mastery, so you regen off your mana pool size.

xDay

09-15-2011

And if your a tank that doesnt have mana pool?
and its a thought who the hell wants Red health,, riot put it in there to balance it out, fair enough that they will put the rest in?

Beaumains

09-16-2011

Regen runes can be a great choice, especially for beginners, as health can just be wasted by those who haven't learned to manage it properly. As to why only Yellow has regen/level, that's because there's Primary and Secondary runes. Typically speaking you'll get a much larger benefit from a useful primary rune, than a useful secondary one. You may have noticed that the flat regen values for blue and red are far inferior to that of Yellow? As for why both exist in Quints, that's because there are no primary/secondary Quints; though some Quints are undoubtedly superior to others, depending on your champion; and Quints has everything from everywhere, and then some (Gold, XP, MS - notably).

Ayestes

09-16-2011

Generally the best HP Regen slots are Seals with HP Regen per Level and Quints with Flat HP Regen. However, the Seals are generally much better as anything else (except maybe on the old Mordekaiser). Hp5 Quints regen as much HP as an HP Quint within 50 seconds making them quite viable if you are simply trading hits in your lane rather then being ganked 100-0 by the jungler.

It's my personal opinion that if you are at 100% health you are either way out farmed or have terrible awareness if they can take you down to zero health with a gank. Now if you at 50%.. it only takes a nudge to potentially kill you in comparison. If you are constantly damaged in a lane, Hp5 Quints rule.

I actually prefer offensive Quints (AP, AD, ArmPen) in a lot of my rune sets though. If i were to lane on top with a Tank however, I'd prefer Hp5 Quints so I could have an easier time at farming in peace.

Gato Muerto

09-16-2011

HP/5 regens are "weak" endgame, but then again, flat HP quints are "weak" endgame as well.

They are a situational item that are used for specific builds. Currently, the only place I use them is in a jungle route. Over 3 minutes, a single T3 Quint of Vigor gives +2.7 HP/5, which translates into 2.7*((3*60)/5)= 97.2.

This means over the course of my jungle, I have effectively more HP than if I went w/ flat HP quints. Translation: less of a problem if interrupted in the middle of my jungle route, and a larger buffer where I can save on HP pots.