Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, any plan to fix Trist's jump?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullet2head

05-29-2010

Quote:
Blanket Ninja:
Did you used to play GunZ?

On and off for months, why?

EDIT: Not that I could ever get beyond a Halfstep, but yeah.

I AM FROM CANADA

05-29-2010

I remember your IGN. Remember a Synthesis-, by any chance?

CounterCraft

05-29-2010

Unless you have this problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5zlpW8As6g
I understand.

But, I never had tristana jump issue.
inb4videounrelated.

Bullet2head

05-29-2010

Quote:
Blanket Ninja:
I remember your IGN. Remember a Synthesis-, by any chance?

Hrm... Vaugly, but it's been so long since I've played, I honestly can't say

Also, I had that happen once, no lie o.o

NDAWE

05-29-2010

same is happening with Corkis W ability - clicking to fly over enemy , he get a inch over the ground and then stuck in 1st enemy (aka staying on 1 place no move anywhere). I have died because of this at least 5-6 times, pissing me off a lot.

Paero

05-29-2010

yeah same thing with amumus bandage, does the damage but wont pull you to the champion

Sefam

Recruiter

05-29-2010

Quote:
Bullet2head:
Seriously, when are we getting that? In the past few weeks I've been playing Trist (I only play her too), I've noticed that on quite a few occasions, my jump will take off all of 1 inch from the ground then slam right back where it started. It only happens around enemies, though which ones I can't be certain, and I know it's not terrain due to the fact that if it was she would still jump high on the spot, not just land, and I've been in situations where there's no terrain to be accounted for.

It's her only escape move, and it's crucial to her playstyle, taking it out cripples her immensely, can we get a timeframe on when the fix for this is?

Not only that, let me quote something I wrote on Runeterra.com:

Quote:
Rocket Jump is literally slow, slow, slow, and did I mention it's SLOW? You have the time to die 10 times before actually rocket jumping away. You get Enchanted Crystal Arrowed, Rocket Grabbed, stunned, slowed, and killed many times in Rocket Jump, I swear, it's the slowest movement skill in the game, yet it's rocket propelled. Gragas just moves his body and goes faster(consistency, use it). It also cannot go over a lot of obstacles, even though it's a rocket JUMP. And did I mention, it also triggers poison shrooms(FAIL) and other ground objects.

With all the new characters, especially Ezreal, who's Astral Shift NEVER fails the way Rocket Jump does, Tristana becomes slowly overshadowed by other characters that not only have escape moves that actually work, but also better abilities. It's simply frustrating to jump and be knocked back on the ground afterwards, it's also frustrating to try to jump around a corner, just to be stopped because an obstacle's corner was actually there.

Bullet2head

05-29-2010

I think trist's jump should be akin to ez flash or the summoner spell, that you can't be hit by anything unless you're on the ground. Otherwise it makes it feel kinda useless, no? To make it instant... nah, no need for that.

Sefam

Recruiter

05-29-2010

It needs to be faster and not fail like it does now. Lookup Rocket Jumps in other games, THAT'S fast. It also needs to not be stopped in mid-air by stuns(If you get stunned, you still get transported to where you jumped while stunned) and not trigger ground stuff like mushrooms.