Recent Kayle Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ky Kiske

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
It scales horribly with AP and it gives 0 bonus damage at all levels. If you want damage its cheaper to just buy damage instead of buying AP. 50 damage = 1850gold. 50 damage via AP means you need at least 150AP which is a bit more than 1850 gold.

Compare Kayles shield to Morganas shield or Zileans ultimate. Kayles is obsolete.

You must be playing at a really low ELO level or pub stomping with a pre made..

Overall Kayles lost 70 damage, Righteous Furies duration nerfed, had her aura nerfed HEAVILY, her nuke changed and her shield cooldown increased all so she can cast her shield on other players..
Sometimes we PUB stomp with a pre-made but we mostly set up 5 v 5s with really good players.

With an AP rune book Melaj and Guinsoos's Rage blade you easily gets over 150 AP plus the Damage that Guinsoo gives you and the attack speed as well.

I'll test to see if Kayle still has bonus damage.

Klinkin

09-19-2009

I've only played with Kayle once since the nerf/rebuild, but I used her as my main before. Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, or, to be more accurate, a nerfed tank and a bunch of squishier tanks.
Kayle is, to my knowledge, one of the two or three champions in the entire game with 10/10 health. Add to that average damage and spellcasting, and Kayle could tank, go on the offensive throughout the game, and even be a decent caster/tank hybrid. Now, however, Kayle's been demoted to a support/tank hybrid, without the ability to do either very well.
The main issues:
Reckoning: The extra damage and stun was, for me, an occasional bit of pure ownage to kill someone who just killed my friend. I've even found myself following feeders around for easy revenge kills from time to time. Now, that's gone, Reckoning lost even more damage (max is down from 325 to 300), doesn't slow as much, which is really annoying, and overall isn't the ability it used to be. I'd still accept it if they reduced the CD or mana cost (I spam it to the extent of running out of mana early game), but overall, it's a nerf, plain and simple. They should change it back or give it some other fun mechanic.
Divine Blessing: Only change I like. More total healing, healing is now instant instead of over time, and it retains the mini-turbo. It still feels a bit underpowered, though. Compared to Master Yi's heal, it's nothing.
Intervention: One of the two big changes. Being able to use it on allies is...good, I guess, though that's just more **** to keep track of in battle. As far as being an ult now goes, it sucks. I don't think there's a more useless ult in the game. Four seconds is both an eternity and the blink of an eye, but closer to the blink of an eye, even though they fixed slow stacking. Really, it doesn't last long enough to be too helpful in most situations where you really need it. Since it's an ult, the CD has been prematurely stopped at 40 seconds, twice what it was before, where you could possibly use it twice in a pitched battle. Now, you have five times as many potential recipients and half the number of bubbles to go around. It doesn't even protect against debuffs. All in all, I really don't like the new Intervention one bit.
Righteous Fury: It's pretty much **** now. It mistakenly claims to increase your damage based on AP, but it doesn't. Propotionally, the duration has been made shorter compared to the CD, and it really doesn't last a significant period of time. It also was more flavorful than Intervention, but now that it's been majorly nerfed, really doesn't stand up as either a useful ability or an awesome one.
Aura: I disagree that the new addition is useless. It's only close to useless. In tandem with Reckoning's earlier revenge mechanic, it would be close to being overpowered as a tool for revenge kills, but without that the small bonus is pretty useless.
I think they should just change Kayle back to how she was. I'd also like to hear why they changed her so much in the first place.

BigCat

09-19-2009

(I was a little unsure of which Kayle thread to bump, but since the other one has a pretty gloomy name, I went with this one... plus, I've already posted in it once!)

The more I play Kayle, the less Divine Blessing seems useful to me. It seemed more practical to put the points in Reckoning (for obvious reasons) and Righteous Fury (to shorten the cooldown for laning). The speed boost is eventually decent, but only after 3+ points or so, and the heal is negligibly small, other than in the beginning if you're laning with a 400-health squishy. Assuming you'll start with 600+ health, it's a tiny little bandaid for yourself. Even if you're stacking AP, it feels a little too weak early on to put points into until the very end.

Reckoning seems to be both an effective harassment and snare-to-gank ability, doing fairly good damage a quick-ish cooldown... I'm not sure it does significant enough damage to tanks but that seems sensible as well. Having never experienced pre-patch Kayle, I'm actually quite happy with it as is, and could see how a double-damage plus stun effect might be a little overkill.

Righteous Fury's cooldown is awfully long, but I can see how having 50% uptime at a sustainable cost would be a little excessive as well. I like the principle of the ability: choosing a short moment to become ranged then having to live with being melee the rest of the time, as well has having a built-in creep-clearing. That being said, I also like the suggestion Skulkanox made in the other thread to make it Active/Passive.

Finally, Intervention, while blisteringly short, is still possibly my favorite ability, given how short the cooldown becomes and how tide-turning it can be. I've never played Morgana (effectively) so I can't speak for how it compares to Black Shield but on its own merits, I actually think it's a fine ult given its flexibility... compare to Alistar's moocowfury ultimate, for example.

EternalOne

09-20-2009

I enjoy the changes to Kayle

Almitt

Adjudicator

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
Yea the Kayle change was definitely a nerf. I could understand the reckoning change, but honestly they should have only changed one aspect of it (keep stun, remove double damage). They need to put back the bonus AP damage on righteous fury and since bubble is now an ult, increasing it by 1sec couldn;t hurt either.

I think this is a way to make Judi more viable.
More viable? she was the most adaptive and usefull character in the game that wasnt OP

Mihte

09-20-2009

I loved playing Kayle before the changes. Now? Not so much... It feels a bit lacking.

Labarge

09-20-2009

The only game I've played with her since the patch we got destroyed, so that may come into play a bit on my opinion here. Without having the more accessible invulnerability early game last hitting gets harder to do effectively. While the effect was minimal it took a toll on my cashflow as the game progressed. Despite being able to keep myself alive and avoid being farmed, I was painfully undergeared and unable to do much of anything even remotely helpful. Her new instant heal was hardly noticeable considering end-game HP, and her only active attack ability too weak. I'm sure that with more AP these abilities become more viable, but i just couldn't get the cash for it. By the end of the game I was at roughly half the number of creep kills as the rest of my team.

We all have our bad games but I've played Kayle many times and most of them successfully. Perhaps I just haven't adapted to the new Kayle yet, but it seemed to be more than that.