Recent Kayle Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Memnoch

09-18-2009

spells hit the one in the shield. They deal zero damage but their stun/slow effects still work.

CC works on a shielded champion fine. You just lose the damage the CC would have also done.

She was really really really good before.

I haven't played the patch yet due to the borkedness last night. But I would imagine she's not quite as broken now. But the utility seems nice. They appear to have tuned her more towards her intention rather than the "unpredicted" hard carry that she became in every pub game she was in.

VxkyPcgcbwL9iNRT

Emissary of the League

09-18-2009

Speaking as someone who plays Kayle quite a bit when I can, I love the changes.

<3 riot.

Mirax

Recruiter

09-18-2009

"Shes just one of those heroes now who is outclassed.

There are better nukers, better DPSers, better tanks and better supporters."

Which is exactly what I said, she has no punch, there is no reason to pick her anymore other than "I like her". ****ty Nuke, Okay Heal, ****ty Nerf'ed Ult Move, and a very nerf'd shield thats is and was nowhere near as good as morganna's normal shield. She's totally worse every way than any substitute.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
There are better nukers, better DPSers, better tanks and better supporters.

But who, really, can fill all of those roles? Hybrid role classes are valuable by the fact that even though they aren't the best at anything, they are good at everything. In team fights, that's invaluable. 1v1 it's not going to win, but I think the changes overall are good. Might need a couple more tweaks but more data mining should discover this.

KonigsTuX

09-18-2009

pls undo this nerf / remake ... why is explained several times here

Mirax

Recruiter

09-18-2009

I dunno, I am of the complete opposite mindset. Teams put together with well defined roles / functions will always be better than those that just throw in a bunch of "mediocre at everything" and hope to win. Kayle was a great initiator and pusher, and happened to have a very broken nuke. If they would have toned the nuke down, and kept her initiating and pushing status, she'd be fine. Now she fulfills neither of those roles, nor does she fulfill support, shes gonna sit around in combat kinda doing things, but not really doing much.

Hedgehog

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
But who, really, can fill all of those roles? Hybrid role classes are valuable by the fact that even though they aren't the best at anything, they are good at everything. In team fights, that's invaluable. 1v1 it's not going to win, but I think the changes overall are good. Might need a couple more tweaks but more data mining should discover this.
Judicator cant do all of those. You generally pick a role and fill it. Whatever role she chooses to fill shes just bad at it is my point.

If you go AP for nuking youre useless because of having one nuke with average scaling and Righteous Fury which also has bad scaling. Her heal/buff also has very bad scaling.

If you go health for tanking you arnt a threat at all like Amumu, Alistar, Cho'Gath, Rammus, etc.

If you go for DPS you will never even put that much DPS onto the table so its pointless. She cant DPS with one nuke and 1 steroid skill (10% attack speed aura).

Going for support she offers an MS boost, a really awful heal (lets assume it works) and a 4 second shield. Morgana, Janna and Zilean are just far better supporters than Kayle is right now.

Kayle is the new Gangplank.

Kaede

09-18-2009

I generally agree with what u've said here. Judi was one of my personal favourites, but now... with the reckoning nerfed she's not so fun anymore. Although the targetable bubble looks intriguing in the terms of teamplay Ex: shielded Nunu channeling his ult
But I would really love it, if they did bring back the old reckoning extra dmg, they can nerf the stun or remove it but let Kayle be an Avenging Angel, not just an Angel

Hedgehog

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaede View Post
Ex: shielded Nunu channeling his ult
He can still get silenced/stunned/knocked up with the shield on him. Kayles shield only stops damage. Morganas shield is MUCH better.

yoshanity

09-18-2009

I don't know what you guys are talking about...I just went 10/1/9 with Kayle. She's pretty much awesome now as you can build her with AP and castable Invulnerability shield is pretty awesome. Heal is much better (especially when I will be able to actually cast it on my teammates) and overall Kayle feels more like a balanced hero.

She now has more of a feel of a Paladin from WoW instead of a walking tank who invulns and destroys your towers.