Recent Kayle Changes

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirax

Recruiter

09-18-2009

After another two games, I think that if the bonus damage was kept on the Righteous Fury that the whole overhaul would be fine. Kayle needs a punch of some sort. To clarify, I still want my old angel back, but if it is to be left as is, she needs something to define her.

Hedgehog

09-18-2009

I really dislike the new Kayle. Her aura doesnt even effect creeps anymore for pushing.

Her nuke is fine, her heal doesnt work on anyone but herself and Righteous Fury is just awful. Her shield however is very good.

Righteous Fury should at least add 10/20/30/40/50 bonus damage or something. Before the change her physical DPS was meh, now its just awful since her only 2 steroid skills got ground into dust.

Her Aura % got nerfed heavily and it doesnt effect creeps. You say it wasnt nerfed?

Roidracer

09-18-2009

i mean a character with 900 crits, 500 movespeed, 4 sec invul and a nuke/snare was totally balanced. While i agree they butchered him, his previous version was just too strong in high tier games. All you had to do was stack a bunch of dps items, wait for teambattle and use all 4 skills. Quadrakill time.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roidracer View Post
i mean a character with 900 crits, 500 movespeed, 4 sec invul and a nuke/snare was totally balanced. While i agree they butchered him, his previous version was just too strong in high tier games. All you had to do was stack a bunch of dps items, wait for teambattle and use all 4 skills. Quadrakill time.
Its a HER

Malystryx

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
Its a HER
Lol. Very true.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roidracer View Post
This is possible with alot of heroes if you let them build that much...

Not to mention the aoe damage that would give you a quad kill lasted a whole 10 seconds, the nuke/snare was a weak nuke/slow and if you stack your dps how often are you really gonna be crit'n for that supposed 900?

Not saying she wasnt borderline OP before but you're exaggerating greatly and the example you give is with a fed, optimized Kay that gets 10 crits in a row vs a team of lower lvl nubs

09-18-2009

Actually kayle now is OP in teamgames. In one on one she got nerfed and still is decent enough in teamfights she is just OP.

The change that she can now make anyone in her team invulnerable to spells and any damage. This is just overpowered as kayle is a tank even without items her health ratio is quite high so give the invulnerable to your squishi little damagedealer and you have a meanmachine. She now is I think one of the best supporters out there now.

Her spell does not only save from damage but also spells so it is better than morganas spellshield. As it replaces it + gives some extra.

Mirax

Recruiter

09-18-2009

Better than morganna's spellshield? Are you nuts. Physical DPS without any kind of slow snare attached rarely works in this game. Thus Morganna's Spellshield totally rapes because it disallows any CC effects , has low cooldown and mp cost, thus is spammable. Kayle's still lets you get hit by said CC effect's. Invuln your squishy DD and watch the DD get perma stunned still by multiple combinations of spells. It's decent but in no way makes up for any of the nerfs. The higher cooldown made this spell so much worse than it was. (Not that it didnt need some nerf).

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirax View Post
Better than morganna's spellshield? Are you nuts. Physical DPS without any kind of slow snare attached rarely works in this game. Thus Morganna's Spellshield totally rapes because it disallows any CC effects , has low cooldown and mp cost, thus is spammable. Kayle's still lets you get hit by said CC effect's. Invuln your squishy DD and watch the DD get perma stunned still by multiple combinations of spells. It's decent but in no way makes up for any of the nerfs. The higher cooldown made this spell so much worse than it was. (Not that it didnt need some nerf).
That is not true. If the spell or attack would do damage to you and slow you down it does not give you the damage nor does slow you down I guess that is a bug but it is like this. And as there is no slow spell without damage it saves you here.
Also as a note where I am not 100% sure CC do not work while having the shield on. This shield makes you invulnerable even to spells, no CC does work with the spell on. So far I did not test this a lot but I will now.

Test it yourself to see I know what the spelldescription says but in my games it simple ignores any spell or hit on you as it never happened.

Hedgehog

09-18-2009

Just played Kayle two more games.

Her starting passive aura is really bad now. 10% at all levels is a big nerf from what it was. It no longer effects creeps which makes her less of a pusher. Her increased attack speed bonus when an ally dies is not really that great.

Her Reckoning spell is fine in my opinion, no problems here.

Her heal is bugged as ive said. It only heals if its casted on Kayle, otherwise it just gives the move speed bonus. Using this thing as a heal is bad, its mainly just used for the move speed bonus anyway in which case there are better spells than this, see Bloodboil. 0.3:1 AP scaling I think.

Her Righteous Fury spell is just god awful. 10 second duration at all levels, 0 bonus damage with a large cooldown. The short duration means it barely helps with last hitting/farming. The bad scaling means theres no reason to level this up past level 1 until its the last thing you can level up. 0.3:1 AP scaling again I think.

Her ultimate is ok. Just seems like a watered down version of Zileans ultimate. If you cast Kayles ultimate on a hero whos about to die, they have to run, they cant fight or they will be instagibbed when it wears off. If you cast Zileans ultimate on a hero whos about to die they can keep fighting and if they are killed within the 15 seconds its been cast, they practically regain full health or at least most of it. Even Morganas shield is better at saving people than this ultimate to be honest.

EDIT: To Fedaykin, You can still be snared while Kayles shield is on you, Morgannas shield is better. Kayle got butchered.

Shes just one of those heroes now who is outclassed.

There are better nukers, better DPSers, better tanks and better supporters.

123456 ... 7