LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmfgTheSky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Is LoL University still alive?

Philderbeast

07-03-2011

Application

Summoner Name: Philderbeast
Summoner Level: 5
Playing For: 2 days

looking to learn more specifically with runes/mastery , been using Ashe and Ezreal and enjoying them so any AD carry seems to be up my ally

PoliceofFashion

07-03-2011

i swear this thing is dead

PurpleJiblette

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2011

@Police. I would have to agree. Have had my name on the list on the main website and here and have yet tp hear anything from a listed mentor. Was a great idea and concept but not sure it's alive anymore other then the people that already have mentors. Could be wrong though. Lets hope I am.

Pòison

07-03-2011

Mentor Application:
Summoner name: Pacman802

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list):

I started playing LoL right after the beta, so ive been around for a while, i also used to play DoTA

What champions do you excel with?

Amumu, singed,malphite,rammus,galio,shen,fiddlesticks,twi sted fate,poppy,xin zhao,urgot, ashe, and trundle off the top of my head

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)?
Tanks!!! when it comes to tanking, i always get the job done.

How many hours of LoL do you play a week?

Too many!!! lol i play a few hours a day because im on summer break so i got tons of free time at the moment.

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control?

Depends on the champ, i normally do good at last hitting unless they have lane dominance, then i harass them and start lass hitting, normally picking up a couple early kills
What other games do you enjoy?
Counterstrike, vindictus, minecraft, any good games basically

Have you ever mentored someone before?

Yes, just not for an official site

Have you ever been mentored before?

When i started my best friend mentored me, now im better them him lol

How many years ago were you born?

18, but it will be 19 in a few days =)

KingofJapan

07-05-2011

Summoner name: King of Japan
Summoner level: 30
Time playing: 4 months
Needs help: with ranked strategy and learning to play tanks and supports. Could use a little help jungling

Mac Redbaron

07-05-2011

Summoner Name: mac redbaron
Summoner Level: 10
Playing For: 1-2 months

I tend to find myself over extending a lot and taking large amounts of needless damage from turrets. I also find myself totally ignoring the mini map for large periods of the game when I am focused on something/one.
*edit* Nice to see ****, down rating peoples posts on this thread while hiding behind their keyboards*

MrRev

07-06-2011

not sure if your still lookin for mentors but i am quite interested in a try out, heres my info

Legends accounts
MrRev-lvl30
Ezrealxbot-lvl30

How long have you been playing LoL): not quite sure onacctual time, almost 2 years now, before season one i know this much

What champions do you excel with? Ezreal is my best and favorite, also excel at Nasus (tank) and nid/zil for support

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)? My fav is ad carry, and skill shot champs, i also enjoy the role of support.

How many hours of LoL do you play a week? on average.....ahh about 14 hours

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control? Vvery good, since i play skill shot champs last hitting comes easy, i also know how to balance last hitting for who needs the gold more in lane. When it comes to lane control im very aware of what is going on around me, ward placement and map awerness something i focus on alot, since i main ez and ash there global ults are best when you know exactly whats going on and where to put it.

What other games do you enjoy? Ah latley game choices have been lacking, i love old school RTS IE AOE. RPGS as well. as to MMOs, nothing really, waiting for old republic and diablo three, then ill get back into the mmo rpgs.

Have you ever mentored someone before? not in a legit sense, i mean i do post on the guides and new player forums. i also help out my friends that play. since i have been playing so long i know pretty much every champs play style.

Have you ever been mentored before? other then random advice from people, no

How many years ago were you born? 23

side notes- i really like the mentor idea, cause alot of the times in these games, people just need a push in the right direction and not someone yelling at them about what there doing wrong. a little advice goes a long way.

Final Struggle

07-06-2011

Summoner Name: Final Struggle
Summoner Level: 16
Playing For: Almost a month

I feel like I need help in some key areas most importantly last hitting and staying alive, if I have good teammates I can play fine, but without good teammates or if I'm up against a challenging team I tend to have a lot of trouble... It seems that if I die early game, I end up feeding them later on, I want to be able to help my team more then be a liability to them, any help would be appreciated

MEGA ALBINO

07-06-2011

My Mentor Was Pieceofcandy.

S/he was very helpful in helping me understand the fundamentals of Jungling. S/he also helped me with my gear choice and playstyle. S/he spent probably 3.5 hours doing Co-op vs. AI matches till I understood how to succeed.

I would use him/her again if i had the choice.

I would recommend him/her to a fellow player.

I Rate Him/Her 10 out of 10 stars!

-MEGA ALBINO-