LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
If it's cool, I'd like to pimp out our League of Legends Noob Resource, inspired by LoL University and the Proving Grounds Mentor Battles R66Y has been hosting.

It highlights a LOT of content and teachings from the forums, as well as explaining Mentor Battles in-depth.

Lots to learn here : http://mentorbattle.com

Hope this helps someone, we poured a lot of love into it
Jesus Christ Spirit, it's beautiful. It's so clean, simple yet amazing. I GREATLY appreciate you putting your own personal time (and sense it's a .com I'm guessing money) to help people. Not only help people, but help us organize things in a much greater fashion. I seriously cannot express my thanks in words. You are a great person, and I salute you.

ARedPoppy

01-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSentient View Post
If it's cool, I'd like to pimp out our League of Legends Noob Resource, inspired by LoL University and the Proving Grounds Mentor Battles R66Y has been hosting.

It highlights a LOT of content and teachings from the forums, as well as explaining Mentor Battles in-depth.

This looks LEGIT.

jofzzlszzl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2011

Quote:

freakin' sweet. I'm totally up for duking it out with other mentors >:3

sign me up!

ARedPoppy

01-30-2011

Bump.

R66Y

02-01-2011

bump

Bbkay

02-01-2011

servers down =(

Ornerok

02-01-2011

I would like to sign up as a mentor now =D

You helped me (though we only did one game) and i believed i have improved enough to mentor...
I can mentor most chars except tanks, and i excel in Ezreal/Akali/Katarina/Kassadin (basically anyone with high mobility and a built in flash)

Stridon

02-01-2011

Eggtart- I would like to suggest a mentor evaluation and screening...I feel its becoming meaningless and there is an incredible amount of spread between information. (basically no standards are set and there are some **** mentors)

Eggtart Chow

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridon View Post
Eggtart- I would like to suggest a mentor evaluation and screening...I feel its becoming meaningless and there is an incredible amount of spread between information. (basically no standards are set and there are some **** mentors)
That's why I haven't really updated the mentor list. There are simply too many people asking to be on it. Trust me, I've screened it a good bit. There's a good 20-30 people who aren't on the list. If someone is mentoring someone from the LoL University chat room, however, there is not much I can do.

ryzeonline

02-02-2011

Wow, thanks so much guys, it's really wonderful, fulfilling, and appreciated to have people send some praise and uplifting comments.

It wasn't just me, MelodieOfMovement put a ton of love into it. We had such a great time organizing our first mentor battle a couple weeks and we had a bunch of ideas to help people feel more confident, organized, and aware of what's going on.

After talking to R66Y and Oneironaut, we've come up with a bunch of new ideas to make the site even more effective. We'd love any more ideas any of you have, and I think we're looking for a way to tie it into the LoL Forums, complete with user names...

Rock on!