LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AWanderingFlame

02-26-2013

Summoner Name: AWanderingFlame
Summoner Level: 15
Playing For: On and off for a few months

I played through a lot of the early levels against bots, as I was trying to try out different champions and get a feel for the game.
Lately I took some advice and settled in with Champions I'm good with (Ashe, Varus but I still need to unlock him) and can hold my own in Normal PvPbut definitely have a lot of room to grow. I'd also like to lern how to use other types of champions, as if Ashe and Jax are taken I'm probably going to get whalloped.

I'm decent at using Ashe to carry a lane and am decent at last-hitting but poor at Ganking or preventing enemy Champions from escaping in general. As I tend to focus on farming, I feel very uncomfortable if I take spells other than Heal + Clarity (unless I'm using a champ with no mana like Morde, then I usually take Ignite, Ghost or Flash)

Swift Hikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

I was going to just post a thread for "Summoner's Rift 101" but I'm rather glad I found this thread first haha so I thought I'd give mentoring a shot, if you're willing to have me.

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list): About 3 years (includes DotA, LotR Guardians of Middle Earth, Smite, and Halo Wars)

What champions do you excel with? Mostly sustained DPS (AD Carries, bruiser jungles), as well as midlane mages and supports, both popular and unconventional.

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)? Mostly AD Carry or support.

How many hours of LoL do you play a week? Anywhere between 30-40 hours on a busy week. Many a night I've stayed up queueing for next game haha

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control? I have good last hitting control, as well as knowledge of when to push or pull the lane, and can exert dominance on a champion I'm strong against, as well as be defensive when counter picked.

What other games do you enjoy? Story based games, JRPGs, BF3, Minecraft, indie games...just catch my interest, I'm a jack of all trades.

Have you ever mentored someone before? I've tutored math ._.

Have you ever been mentored before? When I started this game at beta

How many years ago were you born? 21 years ago.

Any questions, just throw them at me in game (Swift Hikari) or on skype (swift.hikari)

Jakrooski

02-27-2013

Summoner Name: Jakrooski
Summoner Level: 17
Playing For: 2 months (i played alot back in beta and season1 but didn't get very good)

I'm decent at this game but i seek to improve my play.

Im on most everyday all the time i play constantly seeking to improve my skill i have high level friends that have shown me a few things i watch my replays to see my mistakes after every couple matches but i still want to improve and i was hoping you guys could help.

I seek to become a mentor and join you guys in helping new players and one day be super pro at league.

Future mentor please be awesome.

Zelfdoding

02-27-2013

Summoner Name: Zelfdoding
Summoner Level: 17
Playing For: Two weeks now, on and off for a year before that.

I'd like to learn how to jungle with Master Yi and Rengar properly. I'm halfway through the game and I don't know how to ward properly, when to ward, when you chase and when to gank. Some survival skills and common sense would be nice too

Demonic Devinity

02-27-2013

Summoner Name: Demonic Devinity
Summoner Level: 6
Playing For: :A few days.

I want to learn how to get better at LoL in general, i've been facing the bots to practice but from what i've heard they arent always the best for teaching new players. I want help to learn basic strategies(and maybe more, later on) and find what role(s) I prefer to play. I am very patient when it comes to new things(Such as LoL and MOBA's in general) and appreciate any and all help for teaching this newbie how to actually play correctly. Atm I have been using Kayle(Hybrid) and really enjoying it and wonder what other champions would interest me(Atm i'm thinking of Morgana). : D

Dreamless

02-28-2013

Summoner Name: Dreamless
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 8months

would like to learn Item build optimization for jungle and support also how to control a lane

bodalla

02-28-2013

Summoner name Arthur vi
level 6

i played back in beta and i am Jakrooski's borther
I would like a mentor please

sillyhumansuit

02-28-2013

Sillyhumansuit a mentor application

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list):

I have been playing LoL for about two years, I have dabbled in smite and Dota2. I have played mobas since Warcraft 3.

What champions do you excel with?

I am good with ap carries, supports and dedicated tanks as well as Tanky bruisers. This would include singed, soraka, taric, jarvan 4, malphite, brand, zyra, nautilus as well as others

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)?
Support, Mage or tank

How many hours of LoL do you play a week?
15ish

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control?
I last hit 70-80% successfully and I believe I have excellent lane control.
What other games do you enjoy?

Elder scrolls games, minecraf,t soulcaliber, Mario games an many others

Have you ever mentored someone before?
Yes, special Ed students as well as young children

Have you ever been mentored before?
Yes

How many years ago were you born?
I am 24 years old.

Mrs Shaco

03-01-2013

SN: DragonTamersHoe
Level:17/might be 18 by the time this gets read
Playing for: About a month, off and on.
What I need help with:
Well, some build tips would be good, but I've gotten way better with that.
I need to really work on my farming (I've taken a liking to Voli, and my farming with him is horrible)
I would also like to learn how to Jungle (I've read some guides on here, and it's easier for me to see vs read.) and just overall lane control!
I play mostly TF, Malzahar and now Volibear, sometimes Anivia. This is getting long, but I'd love to learn to play Shaco well, as I love him

Belias the Ugly

03-03-2013

Student application

Summoner Name: Belias the Ugly
Summoner Level: 21, but near a lvl up
Playing For: About a month

I need help in general with the early game, both how to farm effectively and how to lane effectively. I fail miserably at the first twenty minutes of almost every game, so by the time the laning phase is over, I'm not a threat to the enemy team. (I also get raged at almost constantly, which is disheartening.) I prefer Riven and AP Nidalee, but I'm open to learning other champs. Typically online during weekends and the occasional weeknight (NA server).

Thank you all very much for organizing something like this. I really appreciate the concept, even if I never hear back from anyone about this. It's nice to know that not every LoL player is cruel to people who aren't very good.