Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cHiLL520

01-28-2013

Summoner Name: cHiLL520
Summoner Level: 12
Playing For: Started playing in December.
I'd like to improve my cs, I also want to know good builds for my champions. I also tend to die a lot in team fights as I don't know when to engage or not.
Hope you guys add me and help me out!

Tactical Tugboat

01-28-2013

Summoner Name: WCG Tyler
Summoner Level: 8
Playing For: I started playing in mid-2012 but found the learning curve pretty steep. I enjoyed playing a lot though and I sort of played off and on since then. My friends have expressed interest in the game though and one of my friends is very good at the game so I figured I'd get into it so I can hopefully play with him sometime (We tried some matches and he just demolishes the other team. Not too much fun)

I don't really have any specific goal apart from improve in general. Learning a variety of characters, figuring out counters, learning how to build, pretty much everything!

ElysianDragon

01-29-2013

Summer Name: ElysianDragon
Summoner Level: 13
Playing For: A few weeks on and off

Of course it would be great if I could learn everything, but I think I would want to focus on 1) cs-ing; 2) ganking as an AP Mid assassin; 3) more aggressive support mentality. I know this is a lot to work on, but if a mentor or professor could help me with any of these, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

derpyman69

01-29-2013

Summer Name: Derpyman69
Summoner Level: 22
Playing For: started in september but didnt play much not untill begining of december

oh where to start! there is many things i need to learn but i think each role would help because im only familiar with mid and thats about it i would also want to learn about csing and good ganking ideas and build for each time of role

NIfYaDontKno

01-31-2013

Summer Name: NIfYaDontKno
Summoner Level: 5
Playing For: 1 1/2 Weeks

I'd like to work on last hitting with range and melee champions. I have no idea if I'm lane controlling properly. Also I'd like to get better at building my character to stand strong, and a get few kills during team fights. I don't die often but I can never seem to slay a champion. If I'm not careful, it seems, they can slay me in a matter of seconds.

Icybing

01-31-2013

Summer Name: Icybing
Summoner Level: 11
Playing For: 2-3 weeks

Just wanna improve in general. I've being playing dota back then for a while so I am familiar with these type of game, but then, there are always room to improve as this game is more complicated than dota.

Costakid

01-31-2013

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list): Roughly a year after DoTa came out. Been playing League, HoN, and DoTa 2. But Leagues my favorite <3

What champions do you excel with? Pretty much any jungle, top, or adc. But my best, and happiest champions to play with because thats part of being good with a champ are... Darius, Draven, Amumu, Jaximus(have to call him Jaximus sounds so much better) Ashe, Sivir.

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)? Fighter, Bruiser, Ranged

How many hours of LoL do you play a week? Play an hour or two during the week and about 5 on saturday and sunday. On the weekends, I play a lot. So I'm always available to help out on weekends.

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control? On a scale of 1-10... 8. I do excel last hitting and lane control top lane, but my adc last hitting is a work in progress but i think its been good as of late. I personally feel I could be a good mentor because I've been sort of mentoring my self, and as well been mentored through here. That is why when I hit 30, I came here to return the favor.

What other games do you enjoy? League, SMITE, HoN, DoTa 2, WoW, Rift, and any MMORPG's where I can play with a friendly group of people. Oh and Freestyle Street Basketball

Have you ever mentored someone before? Yeah I helped quite a few friends play the game for the first time. and I tend to spend sometime in Noob Chat Channel in between ranked ques seeing if I can give anyone some advice

Have you ever been mentored before? Ofcourse, everyone's started off somewhere and at one point has been mentored. That's why I feel its kind of like a chain to pass down by helping out others who were in the same spot as yourself

How many years ago were you born? 16

P.S. They'll be a month where I can't play at all during the weekdays because I have Nationals for a sport in the late spring. Please get back to me with a yes or no. I'm looking forward to helping out. Feel free to add me on skype as well costalot9 I also have pretty much any voice chat channel possible. Thanks guys

Crizthakidd

01-31-2013

i can vouch for this they are really on point they get u an instructor who goes over things thru chat and plays games with u 1v1 to test things i coudlnt beleive how good it was thank you league !

Tohros

01-31-2013

Where do I go to apply for mentorship? I might have read the instructions wrong, probably so knowing my luck, but is there an email or something because from what I can tell there is no PM system, when there ought to be. Just email me at [email]tohros@gmail.com[/email] ty to whoever answers my question.

GreasyGoose

01-31-2013

I've been playing league pretty avidly for about a year and a half, and I also play Dota 2 on occasion.

My best Champions are Shaco (by far), Rumble, Veigar, Fizz, Warwick, Nocturne, and Kog Maw

I enjoy playing all roles, but in ranked play I'm often appointed Jungler or Mid, and I like it that way haha

Too many haha, I kid I kid, I usually will play 3 or 4 games most week days, and 5-6 on weekends
Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control
I can have my off days for last hitting, but I'm usually pretty consistent, this is also champ dependent, as obviously I'm more comfortable with some than others. I do know how to effectively "freeze lanes" and understand when it is, or isn't not appropriate to push or take towers.

I enjoy too many games to name them haha, some of my favorites are resident evil 4 and 5, smash brothers melee, soul caliber and a number of final fantasy titles.... also legend of zelda all the way back to NES.
Have you ever mentored someone before?
Yes I've got many friends that I've introduced the game to, Most of my friends don;t like playing with new players, so I'm usually smurfing so nobody has to play alone. I see all mistakes as learning opportunities and have more fun teaching people about the game than playing it sometimes XD (sometimes, it's my favorite game haha)

Me and my friends all got into the game at the same time, so we all mentored each other in a way.

I am 19 years old! And have no problem communicating with anyone of any age, infinitely patience, empathetic, and would love if I could get a mentor spot to help fill the community with open minded people, excited to share there knowledge with their friends!