LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crizthakidd

01-19-2013

summoner name : crizthakidd
summoner level 1
playing for under a week

id like to know the game mechanics better and the fighting more, i played pro fighting games but nothing ever like this and would like to know if the skills transfer over

Vous Abott

01-21-2013

Summoner Name: Vous Abott
Summoner Level: 21
Playing For: One month(ish)

I enjoy top lane tank (mainly Olaf) and bottom lane ADC (Twitch, Vayne and Graves). I was curious as to how I could improve initiating and disengaging in team fights as well as last-hitting. Also, map awareness is something I struggle with and reacting to ganks.

I will definitely appreciate the help!

NanaMadHouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vous Abott View Post
Summoner Name: Vous Abott
Summoner Level: 21
Playing For: One month(ish)

I enjoy top lane tank (mainly Olaf) and bottom lane ADC (Twitch, Vayne and Graves). I was curious as to how I could improve initiating and disengaging in team fights as well as last-hitting. Also, map awareness is something I struggle with and reacting to ganks.

I will definitely appreciate the help!
since you play solo top you can use the 5secs rule: check the mini map every 5secs. as bot adc you can extend that time and encourage your support to do that, so you can put your attention on last hit and dodge pokes easily ^^

NanaMadHouse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2013

PROFESSOR APPLICATION:

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list):
LoL is my first MOBA and i start to play it say August or September of 2011

What champions do you excel with?
i used to be a great lux at mid, but that was in normal and as new player (wrong runes, masteries, etc) but still did good. love skill shot and the cc

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)?
I main support, but i play a lot of game in all other roles. I love strategy, due that, knowledge about other roles and champs is a "must to know".. so i play all roles/champs

How many hours of LoL do you play a week?
between Monday and Friday i play around 40hs (4hs at day and 6 at night, per day) weekends i normally play something near 24hs but that depends on weekends party/no party xD

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control?
as adc im terribad last hit one, but i still got a decent cs, and since i focus on farm the first 10mins of the game i compensate that unless i got a good support that give me free farm.
as support i know how to zone/poke/give free farm to my adc. plus where/how/when ward. i try to keep monsters and wards (enemy ones) timers and a long etc.

What other games do you enjoy?
RTS in general (but this is my first MOBA like i say) i play tons of lan-party RTS

Have you ever mentored someone before?
yes, but in games like Aion

Have you ever been mentored before?
only the few times i join a good clan/legion in a few games

How many years ago were you born?
i born in 1976, so yes.. i have 36yrs old and im going to reach my 37yrs old in a couple of months

P.S. Im from south america, so im not a natural english speaker. i self-learn it years ago (due games and movies) i can understand when i listen, but im barely able to speak it due i usually use it on forums and in-game chats. i dont have a good grammar, but still a decent one. I think im still able to have voice-chat (i like the idea). and i make this application to maybe make a room for spanish speakers to join your great project.

0marCominYo

01-22-2013

Summoner Name: VeloDrone
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 18 months?

First the context: I want to begin playing ranked matches, and my mechanics in any role other than support are lacking. My playstyle is very passive, and I would like to become more aggressive (perhaps ironically, I'm usually most aggressive when playing support). For things to improve on I can copy most of what's in the example text:

- I'd like to improve my last-hitting, as well as learn how to control my lane better: The pros make this look easy, and while I try to copy what I see, I fail in my execution. I miss last hits, I don't get the right amount of enemy poke in while last-hitting, I don't keep the opponent from last-hitting, and I wind up getting out of position easily.

- My positioning could also use some improvement, as I find myself dying a lot in teamfights: As support I seem to do alright here, but with any other role my engages are just bad. I engage as ADC and just die right away, or I go in too hard when I think I'm a tanky top or jungle and die right away.

- Not dealing damage in teamfights: When I do survive teamfights, it's because I'm out of position and not putting down the pressure that I should, and consequently the rest of the team is dying. So even with the right build and the right champ, I'm not taking advantage of opportunities to deal damage.

- I'd like to find a solid champ outside of my comfort zone (so a top, mid, or adc), and develop the skills to not get embarrassed in a ranked match

Thank you for your consideration,
VeloDrone

vestiline

01-23-2013

Summoner name: Vestiline
Summoner level: 7
Playing for: 3 weeks (-ish?)

I'd like to learn keep push a lane aggressively and control it better. I can't really last hit too well (from what I see, it gets so chaotic that i can't tell sometimes.). I use udyr most but would like to learn some positioning skills because I find myself being more of a feeder in team fights rather than doing actual help in a game. I'd also like to find a champion that works well for me since I find myself working more like a fighting tank in some games or a stealth melee in others.

I hope you consider me.
Vestiline

Ryzör

01-26-2013

Summoner Name: Ryzr
Summoner Level: 7
Playing For: just over 2 days now

For the most part I'd like help with everything. At the moment I would really like to learn how to play AD (mostly Garen) and how to teamfight with support (mainly Sona)

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

dajjbomb

01-26-2013

Summoner Name: dajjbomb
Current level: 10
Playing for: Approx. 2 weeks, but with some outside experience

(CAUTION: LONG POST AHEAD) *

I like to play a support role on the team, and would like to get a bit more help on how to be effective, specifically with warding mid to late game. Early game I try to hit the obvious spots (Dragon, the Tri-bushes, friendly and [if I'm sure I can survive] enemy buffs) but after that everything starts going by so fast that warding goes by on the wayside. Even during the early game, most of my wards do nothing but make the map a smudge brighter (this, however, is probably due to low level players not doing dragon or not ganking at all.)

I would also like some practice at other roles. In MM games, I usually try to go for the "missing piece" in the team comp (which, unsurprisingly, is always support.) As a result, the only opening I really have is being a jungler, and I have epically failed at that constantly in CPU games (which may not be the best way to practice doing so, due to the complete lack of help in doing so by teammates.) As a result, I haven't properly been able to practice carrying mechanics (unless you count that time when the team believed that Sona Solo Bottom was the new meta. . .)

When I do play a last-hitting position (for me, generally Nasus, but whenever I get to play him I get sent to bottom due to lane calls, against 2 ranged heroes that absolutely ensure I do not stray 1 millimeter from the turret, which naturally results in bad games on my part,) I feel like I am above average for my skill bracket (read: not good enough at all.) I've also have a knack of not dying: I've had one god awful 6 death game, and only a few fives. I take more pleasure in 5/0/5 scores than 25/3/10, which I generally think is a good thing.

I would also like help with understanding the concept of "improvising builds." The games I've played have always been played with a rigid shopping list of items, and I would like to get out of that bad habit and try to actually learn the items. I generally see the point in most builds (AKA I notice why support Sona likes locket) but wouldn't be able to make a build blind,

*TL;DR: New player needing help at all of the things.

alexmf2

01-26-2013

Summoner Name: alexmf2
Summoner Level: 10
Playing For: A couple of weeks

I need help adapting. The heroes I am most comfortable with are Miss Fortune, Wukong, Garen and Teemo. Some games I go like 15-5, and then the next I go 4-7, and I'm not sure if it's just that I play badly in some games or I'm playing heroes that are harder for my hero to kill and I don't know how to adapt to that.

AoDJackishere

01-26-2013

Summoner Name: Jackishere121
Summoner Level: 6 might be 7 before someone replies
Playing For: i have a lvl 30 account and i made this to become better maybe play against people more to my level but nope i keep getting destroyed and i have no clue how i can become better, people say watch streams: not really helping, read tips: not really helping.

Oh well hopefully someone can give me some help and maybe just maybe i can become better EST timezone btw