LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EzraTwitch

12-21-2012

This thread really needs to be remade.

Knight Taji

12-22-2012

Summoner Name: Knight Taji
Summoner Level: 8
Playing For: Complicated, I played for maybe a month or two, but then took a six month hiatus and started up again last night.

I'd like to improve basically everything in general, but for now I'm working on DPS.

TheGazeleHimself

12-22-2012

Summoner name: TheGazelehimself (might be 2 L's, different for login/display)

Lv: 21

Playing for: 3ish months

I would like to learn to jungle, specifically with Vi. I understand the basic mechanics of warding/ganking/dragon/baron, but the overall execution is foreign to me. I find my clears are slow and i am outleveled/farmed quickly. ALSO it's impossible to learn anything in PvE because of their predictable nature, but mostly because of smurfs. Thanks!

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzraTwitch View Post
This thread really needs to be remade.
Probably! Do you know how JRR's doing with that so far, and what anyone else can do to help? I don't see him a lot any more, at least partly due to time zone conflicts.

And @everyone else, look for the ingame chat room, seriously. As you can probably tell, we're kind of swamped here - the guys who handle the admin stuff are very busy, and there are a lot of posts from both newbies and mentors, and not nearly enough people to check credentials of potential new mentors, and not enough old mentors to cover the influx of newbies, and no real system in place for setting up mentors with newbies. (Used to be, but it got overwhelmed.)

That means your best bet is to go directly to the chat and ask for help. The more specific you are with that ("i need help" is not as informative as "I feel like I'm dying too much playing Ashe, can someone help me?"), the more likely you are to get a response, but we've got generic newbie tips for the really clueless ones too.

Do note that we're people too and some of us play too, so you probably won't get an instantaneous response (we joke about AFK University sometimes) but one will always come. Eventually.

Glacierstorm

12-24-2012

Summoner Name: Glacierstorm
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: A few months. Since Darius or Varus I'm pretty sure.

I've been playing for a while and I've got most of it down but I've mostly just been following builds and hardly deviating. I'd like to know a few of the ins and outs of items so I know what to build in what situation. In general what items to avoid on specific characters i.e never get such and such on whozits because they can't make use of the attack speed and such. Some general tips on how to lane and jungle with the new champion Vi would be helpful too as I've decided she's the champion I'd like to start to main.

Wrydrune

12-24-2012

Name: Wrydrune
Level: 13
Playing for: Started 2 years ago but barely played till November

I just suck at this and would like to get generally better. I seem to do ok with Morgana and Jarvan though I don't know to play other then gradually pushing a lane.

Lazarec

12-26-2012

Summoner Name: Lazarec
Summoner Level: 3
Playing For: 2 days

Id like to improve everything. Just started a few days ago, new to this type of game. Ive tried co-op games, but ive felt like im hindering my team every time.

XxPoN3DxX

12-26-2012

XxPoN3DxX
playing since begining season 2
lvl 30

ive been having all kinds of i cant play right issues this season, my last hitting is good, 4-6 creeps per wave, but i cant figure out what im doing wrong. i normally support, and last season i was at 1200, this season im at 500. so any pointers to help me climb out and play better would be appreciated.

Xithaj

12-26-2012

Summoner Name: Xithaj
Summoner Level: 2
Playing For: I've played 1 game vs AI

I need to learn the ropes and hopefully find a group of people to play with regularly. I learn really fast and am open to learning any and all play styles.

fecktk

12-27-2012

Summoner Name: fecktk
Summoner Level: 8
Playing For: 2 weeks

Everything, mainly play as ranged as i fail at melee and tanking however would like to get better well.