LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snackk

11-11-2012

Summoner Name: Snackk
Summoner Level: 17
Playing For: 2 weeks

I enjoy playing adc or jungling champions. But currently I'm looking to improve my jungling experience. I've recently jungled with Jax, and found it better than Warwick, although I hated Warwick ever since I bought him. I'm hoping to learn new jungling styles/builds/advice, etc. The champion I mainly play the **** out of right now is Shaco, as I want to get better at his jungling/early gank play style. Any help would be appreciated.

Anticitizenune

11-13-2012

Summoner Name: Anticitizenune
Summoner Level: 30
Time Playing: On and off for about a year or more.

Basically, I quit playing for a while, and my entire concept of positioning has been destroyed. It greatly affects me on champs like Ashe, Blitzcrank, most AD carries bottom. Also I have never learned how to top lane effectively, and it seems like the hardest part of the game for me. Any form of help would be awesome, I think it's time to improve my game after this long.

Histrionik

11-14-2012

Summoner Name: Histrionik
Summoner Level: 7
Playing For: 1 Week

I really need help with a lot of things concerning the game. Most of my friends are already playing and much higher level. When I try to play with them, I'm frequently being "Babysit", which sucks.
I've been playing Morgana and Kayle. I like the support roles quite a bit; and with Morgana, I've actually been doing decent at Solo Mid, holding my lane.
Other characters that interest me: Vladamir, Soraka, Miss Fortune, Shaco, and Dr. Mundo [I'd love to learn how to properly "Jungle" with him.]
Also, I could use some help on learning how to actually get kills LOL. I usually go like 4/2/12. Tons of assists, not many actual kills.
In addition, I have Skype if voice chat is an option for any of you to make things easier.

Thanks so much! I appreciate any help I can get. ^_^

xAngelicDevilx

11-18-2012

Summoner Name: xAngelicDevilx
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 1 month

I have been playing this game for a month and got to level 30 by playing a ton of beginner bot games and a few intermediate ones. I'm searching for more fun and practice. Issues I have are knowing when to gank, last hitting minions, not rushing turrets/into teamfights alone, and really I'm not that good with many champs. The ones I am good with (best to least): Teemo, Darius, Twitch, Fiddlesticks.

I have 52 champs though. I bought both bundle packs and a few random champs like Zyra, Jayce, Poppy, Garen, Elise, Zed...ect. I want to learn how to play more of these champs so if I ever get to draft pick I dont have to worry about my two favorites (only ones I can really play) being banned. I also want to learn how to jungle better. I really would like to get better with Shyvana too. She is my favorite champion but I really am no good with her.

Also, I'm still a little slow with some terms and I don't understand the differences in top lane vs. mid vs. bottom and why some characters do better in certain lanes...

Oh yeah, and building... I've been told to follow guides from one website to another but someone else will always say they are all worthless so I really still have no clue what I am doing...

Most everything I do know my boyfriend taught me from having me watch champion spotlights, reading the forums to me when he found tips, and spectating... but he hasn't been playing much longer than me and he doesn't play as much anymore either so looking for new help ^_^

Thanks!

~Angel~

jlmoss

11-19-2012

This thread no longer survives. It is re-incarnated into...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1849187

Or you can try out a different newb helper...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...lol+university

Finleyh

11-22-2012

Summoner Name: Finleyh
Summoner Level: 5
Playing For: 1 day

I wish to understand everything i can, Starting from the basics to the most complex I hope someone could help me

itsilver

11-22-2012

summoner name:itsilver
level: 22
playing for: a little over a month
I need help with last hitting and a little bit on lane control, and also help with jungling, and team fights
I usually end up dying in them or not contributing much, also I would like some help with ganking.

Vergil

Recruiter

11-22-2012

Summoner Name: SF Yun
Summoner Level: 27
Playing For: 4-5Months

I'd like to mostly just improve on my ganks because I really enjoy jungling. I would also like to learn how to play top better because I like using Shen for some reason. Mostly, I've become quite confident in my play after watching hours of pros and playing fun games with some friends in PBE, I would more just like to play against good people.

Tatakai

11-24-2012

Summoner Name: Tatakaí (í = alt+0237)
Summoner Level: 24
Playing For: signed up late 2011, played regularly for a month early 2012, played regularly (casual) since july

i have good basic concept, but I occasionally get scolded by higher level players for bad decisions which most of the time is because I didnt even know or think about what would be the "good" choice of action. i want to have better knowledge of the items, the champions, team synergy, builds, and situation builds. i just need more knowledge. i have some higher level players who will occasionally watch me play, and give me tips which I find VERY helpful (first they ask why i did something, then tell me what would be better and why) but this only happens a couple games a month.

favorite champs:
top - jayce, jax, fizz, malphite (i like this position)
jungle - warwick (don't like jungling, probably because i havent found a champion i can efficiently jungle with, tend to be behind in level/fail to successfully gank)
mid - ryze, lux (i like this position)
adc - jayce (not much experience/dont like relying on random supports)
support - sona, taric (i dont care much for supporting/dont like relying on random adc)

champions i've tried (i dont own most of these):
ashe (dont like)
kayle (dont like)
sivir (tried adc, not bad)
fiddlesticks (jungled when free, did alright but didnt like it)
morgana (dont care much for her)
janna (didn't like)
cho'gath (i like cho, but only tried jungling and get very behind in level)
rammus (i enjoyed rammus)
ahri (i like her, played on friends account, just too expensive for my blood atm)
akali (didnt enjoy)
blitzcrank (kind of boring)
brand (also boring)
kha'zix (played in pbe, thought he was fun)
master yi (used to use him in the jungle, but again unable to efficiently use him)
teemo (i find teemo boring)
vlad (played vlad a lot when i first started playing with 2 of my friends for a whole day, enjoyed him but he has since been heavily nerfed)

PsyCoMainy

11-24-2012

Name:PsycoMainy
Level:5
Played For: 3 days