LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Odd BlueJay

10-22-2012

Summoner Name: AngryBlueJay
Summoner Level: 17
Playing For: 2 Months, just got back into it.

I would really like to learn how to play and understand the game better. I like using ranged champs like Caitlyn, Tristana, Teemo, but I would also like to learn how to play any type of character. I would like to learn how to build them and any other strategies and tips.

Simiun

10-23-2012

Summoner Name: Simiun
Summoner Level: 30
Playing For: 1 month

Hello. I just started playing LoL recently. I am new to MOBAs. I recently hit level 30 and am having a hard time with ranked games. I would like to improve my last hitting, as I ADC often. I would like to learn to carry as a tank (so I can try to carry my teams in my 1k elo games). Also I would like to learn the general timings and meta-strats in LoL. Like, when should your team kill dragon for the first time? When should you start roaming? What are the best ward locations? Etc.
Thanks!

sameghost

10-24-2012

Summoner name: sameghost
Summoner level: 20
Playing for: 3-4 weeks

I'd like to learn about everything (and I'd gladly gobble up any tips you throw my way)! My "mains" are currently Veigar and Sona. I want to learn how to prevent myself from being ganked (as much as possible, anyway ಠ_ಠ) since they're all squishy... which brings me to the next point. I want to familiarize myself with the entire map/environment (ex. possible escape routes, gank locations... etc.) and maybe learn to play a melee assassin/stealth champion (Wukong, maybe?) at the same time. I've read up on warding but how to do it efficiently is something I need to work on.If we have time, I honestly wouldn't mind learning about junglers and tanks.

I'm also very interested in mastering Ezreal (... but currently broke. Will get him once I hit 7000 IP again) and Teemo.

mat888

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifom View Post
Is this still active?
It is sort-of active. The chat still exists and you can probably find help there. Also I am one of the mentor's from the Uni. If you have any questions feel free to add me in game.

edit: I will go through some of the posts and respond to what I can. Anyone who wants help with something feel free to add me in game.

Plaidpjs

10-28-2012

Summoner Name:Plaidpjs
Summoner Level: 12
Playing For: about a month

I think I got most of the basics down, and am getting to the point where I need to do more PvP. I'm just not that experienced with it, so i usually end up not doing so well. Hopefully someone, or a few others can get in a group with me and help me practice playing against other people in a more friendly environment (I hate flamers, I know you can ignore them, but I still hate it)

aceoo

10-29-2012

summoner Name: aceoo
Summoner Level: 7
Playing For: 1 week

I actively play HoN and started playing this as well cause friends play this. When I first played this game I didn't like but I getting a better hang of the game. The big picture for me is that I need to figure how jungle. The hero that I play most is alistar. I really like him and he is fun to play. I just need overall help with some other basics, so i can figure out the proper items to buy.

Asharii

11-08-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION:

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list): 1 year on this coming Tuesday (November 13th).

What champions do you excel with?
Vlad (top) and Jax. I like to think I'm getting better with champs like Irelia and Wukong, but haven't played much of either of those.

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)?
Tanky DPS (top lane champions)

How many hours of LoL do you play a week?
Depends on if I can play with people I know, if I am not solo q'ing, then around 15-20, if I have to solo, then around 3-4.

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control?
I like to think I am not bad, I don't usually get outfarmed in games, but it happens.. I can usually get ~120-140 in 20 min.
As for lane control, it is definitely an area for personal improvement. I usually excel late-game, but tend to get outplayed early. (If anyone is able to help with this it would be greatly appreciated!)

What other games do you enjoy?
World of Tanks, Guild Wars 2, and have recently began playing Smite. (Thanks to Dyrus/Chaox.. :P)

Have you ever mentored someone before?
Not through this system, but have taught my girlfriend and one of my friend's girlfriend.

Have you ever been mentored before?
Very slightly through this system, but the person who got me into the game has taught me a lot about various aspects of the game, and I have seen him mentor others as well.

How many years ago were you born?
20. 21 in ~ 1.5 months.

mrBEANSTALKZ

11-08-2012

Summoner Name: BEANSTALKZ
Summoner Level: 15
Playing For: about a month give or take

The main champion i play is warwick i would like some tips on what i can do to improve as warwick and jungling is something i wouldn't mind to learn. Last hitting is a big issue for me for im allways one of the last to hit 18 and general knowledge over all would be nice.

ScorchXBanister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2012

I'm willing to help a few people out, if you catch me while I'm on. I wonder how long the commitment lasted.

Granky

11-11-2012

PROFESSOR APPLICATION:

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list):
Been playing League since Christmas 2010.
What champions do you excel with?
Gragas, Amumu, Akali, Zyra (most of the time), Rumble
What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)?
I love all the roles except AD carry. That one is hard for me, lol.
How many hours of LoL do you play a week?
Usually somewhere between 5 and 10. I most oftenly play from 2pm to 4pm Pacific time on weekdays.
Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control?
I would rank myself 8 out of 10 for last hitting on a good day. As for lane control, I can confidently say that I win my lane 4 out of 5 times.
What other games do you enjoy?
I play all sorts of games from shooters to puzzle games.
Have you ever mentored someone before?
No, but I would like to!
Have you ever been mentored before?
No, but I wish I had been.... It took me till I was lvl 29 before I stopped using recommended items... lol.
How many years ago were you born?
I am 15.