LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kimiko Jr

10-12-2012

Hello, I would love to be able to be a mentor in your LoL University! My summoner name is Trollhackularz, I know it doesn't look to good but a name shouldn't judge a person's skills in MOBA's.
Anyways, heres my application.

How long have you been playing LoL or MOBA's in general (if other MOBA's please list):
I have been playing Moba's for about 2 years. I also play Heroes of Newerth and DotA2.

What champions do you excel with?
I personally think I excel with Sona, Olaf, Poppy, Blitzcrank, and Jax.

What's your favorite champion role to play (carry, support, tank, mage, etc.)?
I am personally a huge fan of support and jungling.

How many hours of LoL do you play a week?
Probably 30 - 45 hours.

Be honest, how good are you at last hitting and lane control?
For someone who usually plays as support, I can't say my last hitting is insanely perfect but I know howto do it.
My lane control is also quite good when I'm supporting. My lane control is might excellent I do think. I know when to push, how to hold the lane and just last hit, and when to actually target the tower. I know and understand when it's safe for someone to go back to get health, mana, and items.

What other games do you enjoy?
Right now, I haven't enjoyed many games other than League of Legends and DotA2.

Have you ever mentored someone before?
I have mentored some friends who were new to the game at the time.

Have you ever been mentored before?
I have been mentored before. I used to be really bad at MOBA's. My friend played with me a lot, and helped me get better. I'm hoping to do the same for a lot of the people in the community who're new the game.

How many years ago were you born?
I was born in 1996 and I am of 16 years of age.

Blank Techno

10-13-2012

Summoner Name: Blank Techno
Level: 30
Time Playing: About 4 months (A few days after the Darius patch, I think)

So I'd just like to improve my general gameplay and laning as different roles, such as ADC, APC and tank. (Basically help getting ready for ranked)

PS I know my way around, just want to improve further.

TheHerg

10-13-2012

Summoner Name: TheHerg
Summoner Level: 9

Playing For: I started quite a while ago, but i havent really played steadly, and now i have been playing more

I really enjoy playing supports like Suraka and Janna. I also LOVE Dr Mundo, but i feel like i can use help jungling as him. I guess i would like some help with jungling as Dr Mundo, or any jungler (i also have and enjoy warwick) and how to gank effectivly.

Admial

10-19-2012

This is interesting. Bookmarked for reference. I'm a newbie, I'll try my hand out solo first, and check you guys out if needed. Seems like a cool service.

Symphonix

10-20-2012

Summoner Name: TheSoaringDragon
Summoner Level: 20
Playing For: About a month or so.

I would like to improve on my last hitting. I would also like to learn when to initiate, chase, etc. I basically need help with everything since I never properly learned how to play. lol I mostly play champs that are AD or AP carry but I honestly suck at carrying my teammates properly...Hopefully being under the guidance of one of the professors will help me to improve!

Minlo Lee

10-20-2012

Summoner Name: Minlo Lee
Summoner Level: 10
Playing For: 4 months, although sporadically.

I'm not new to the game, but I could improve a lot. Map awareness and teammate awareness are two issues I need help with.

Specifically, I need a lot of help with landing skill shots. I main with Morgana and have played Malzahar, but when the pressure is on to land Q for Morg and Q,W for Malz, I usually freak out and aim off into nowhere.

I also really want to improve my Nasus game. I've played him a lot, but I can't seem to get better. If anything, I get worse the more I play him. XD

Pwney

10-20-2012

Summoner Name: Pwney
Summoner Level: 13
Playing For: 1 month

- last hitting
- learning the items and adaptive building
- do better in team fights
- mechanics
I mainly play Jax but i want to explore other champs and see what i like

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

'Dazrix', some times I use 'Xirzad'.

Would like help with game mechanics, but in general, everything... I'm more interested in being a potential mentor, but I would like to first see the depth of the mentor program!

Jerkface Killa

10-21-2012

Summoner name: Jerkface Killa
Summoner level:13
Playing for: Just about 5 months i guess..but i stopped for like a month (bad fight between my laptop and my dog lol..needless to say the laptop lost)

Id love to learn to jungle im currently playing champs that jungle to get the feel of the one i like the most. Any advice on jungling would be great tho and if you have a champ to suggest i should have the IP to acquire the champ suggested. Also i play APC's alot. Mostly mid Viegar but i switch it up when i get annoyed with his laugh haha. Any one who could help me improve my APC game id love to talk to you and if you'd be willing play some games with you. It'd be nice to try to play a game with someone who understands im not a pro by anymeans and is ok with it lol. Thanks for your time reading this

Wifom

10-22-2012

Is this still active?