Why is it that Leavers are the ones voting no when I want to surrender?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unhandled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Riot,
It's one thing to put us in the same team as people that just leave games when they are losing. It is a complete insult, however, when these same people continually vote NO to surrender in a game we are clearly losing.

I just got out of a game with two Melee DPS in a 3-man melee DPS team who continually voted no and, after the loss, I noticed had 13 and 26 leaves respectively with neither over 175 wins.

As I have been seriously considering spending money on other games lately, I wonder why we haven't been given an option to reject being on the same team with people who have 5% or more of their games as "left". This has nothing to do with competence as I understand people have bad games, but it very much has to do with attitude and the type of people I get to play with.

Why would you bother showing us this stat if it wasn't intended to MEAN something?

I honestly think that if you want LoL to have the better playerbase between HoN and DotA then you should work on securing ways to exclude players with the harsher attitudes so they have to deal with longer queue times as the rest of us play without them. I don't mind if my queue time has to increase if I can get players with a better attitude out of it.

NouvelleVoix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Isn't that what queue-dodging is all about?

Xetvenen

05-29-2010

How can leavers vote if they leave? I think you mean AFKers

Carados

05-29-2010

Devils Advocate: Because you (or someone else on your team) ruined their fun, they will ruin yours.

Also, when it times out, it auto-votes no for all unused votes.

rikrokola

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetvenen View Post
How can leavers vote if they leave? I think you mean AFKers
Xetvenen, please reread what he said. They did not leave the game, but are considered leavers due to their trend of leaving games.

But yeah, that's how it goes man. Play on.

mazran

05-29-2010

wow 13 and 26 leaves... i got 43 leaves.... i am so ashamed T_T
i blame my rage, and hatred for afkers/purposefull feeders.

UnhappyYak

Recruiter

05-29-2010

Where are these leaving stats? I don't see them on the profile screen...are they something that only work at level 30?

Xetvenen

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikrokola View Post
Xetvenen, please reread what he said. They did not leave the game, but are considered leavers due to their trend of leaving games.

But yeah, that's how it goes man. Play on.

You ever had one of those moments where you can't remember a specific moment of doing something and are slightly embarrassed when you notice the mistake made?....that's what that was...That being said...here is a visual representation explaining the awkwardness...

Kenny

05-29-2010

Leaves don't show on your profile until you get one.

UnhappyYak

Recruiter

05-29-2010

But I can't see leaves on anyone else's profile, even when I know they've left at some point.