Now that tiger has been buffed, why not build around it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephyrlot

05-29-2010

This is a long shot. However, Upon reading Udyr's Tiger Stance, it seems like this would be a great burst damage followup to bear. Three times his attack damage can reach around 600 along with a constant Tristana Rapid Fire passive and mediocre farming for melee attack damage.

Of course, he would be squishy aside from turtle stance, so I am really just throwing this out there. Maybe some hybrid build with rageblade, black cleaver/IE, youmuu's? I've had success in practice games with it.

Ballcoozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

You have the right idea. Don't need the rageblade though I dont think. Tiger gives lots of attack speed. Armor pen would prolly help a lot more.

I just bought Udyr and am terrible with him, but theoretically damage/armor pen is a good way to build him. Just keep stance dancing.

OLI HC

05-29-2010

bloodthirsters and triforce, imagine having 300 attack damage with the buff is over 1000 damage unmitigated

Nyagamun

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
bloodthirsters and triforce, imagine having 300 attack damage with the buff is over 1000 damage unmitigated
triforce doesn't work properly with tiger stance, only procs 1/3 of your base AD (since the stance itself does 1/3 your AD every hit, I think it might be working properly unfortunately). however, bloodthirsters are great as long as you can build them up...with a bloodthirster and turtle, you can extend your life quite a bit in 2 seconds

depending on how the games going, you might go for 2 BT's, an IE, or some survivability (thornmail, banshee's, guardian angel), or frozen mallet

SotO is obviously a good choice as well, but obviously risky...udyr's early game with tiger is actually pretty nice depending on your opponent, you can take an opponent down more than half life with just a hit with bear and then tiger at level 2

wildfire393

05-29-2010

Don't forget that you can double-dip Tiger by switching in to it in the bushes, then swapping to bear to catch them and stun them (procing the Tiger you queued up), then swap back to Tiger for another hit with the DoT again. Up to 6x your attack damage on top of your attacks will take anyone to 0 pretty quickly

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrlot View Post
This is a long shot. However, Upon reading Udyr's Tiger Stance, it seems like this would be a great burst damage followup to bear. Three times his attack damage can reach around 600 along with a constant Tristana Rapid Fire passive and mediocre farming for melee attack damage.

Of course, he would be squishy aside from turtle stance, so I am really just throwing this out there. Maybe some hybrid build with rageblade, black cleaver/IE, youmuu's? I've had success in practice games with it.
Tiger is overall suited for AD, so I think it's better to just build up pure AD, rather than hybrid AD/AP. The only AP item you should really go for are Rylai and Mejai--the first if you truly could use extra HP (does it slow with Phoenix?), and Mejai because it's really **** cheap compared to the possible damage you could get from it.

The thing about your comment with Turtle is that no Udyrs are really built around turtle..well, not offensive Udyr anyway. Whether you're Phoenix or Tiger build, you will leave Turtle when you want to fight, meaning you will be equally vulnerable.

roninsm

05-29-2010

I would get a locket as first item even on an AD Udyr. It's just too good of an item on him now to not get it. Then I would get max tiger > Turtle > bear (one lvl of bear early) > Phoenix (one lvl of phoenix could be good for pushing/farming).