Release Notes v0.9.25.21

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kijik

09-17-2009

WOOT for Trynd Fix, Twisted Fate change/balance/easier to use, and new heroes! Both look pretty awesome, spare corki looking better than katarina since katarina looks like an assassin type, with no stun or huge burst =\

Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2009

Not enough nerf on Blitz, please make all his abilities stun him for 5 seconds.

Axtree

09-17-2009

Surrender System - If a player does not vote, their vote will be counted as a Yes.

This might be annoying to players when they play solo queue, as many people give up too easily when they assume we're playing against a premade. Oh well, just have to vote now instead of ignoring them.

Socrates

09-17-2009

Interesting very interesting indeed

Krom

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Maybe someone else already said this. To many messages to catch up on *sigh*

Correction:
Surrender System - If a player does not vote and are AFK for 3 minutes, their vote will be counted as a Yes. Otherwise it will count as no.
Is dat a Blind Monk I see in dis thread??? ^_^

/keephopealive

Mjollnir

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
My thoughts on patch:

Tristana nerfed and Ashe left alone? I'll take Ashe on my team any day of the week.
Agreed.

Quote:
No nerf for Master Yi? He gets completely absurd late-game even in the hands of a bad player.
I don't think his ulti should be refreshed from killing someone. Its stupid seeing him ulti in, killing someone in seconds, then ult-ing out. I don't think he's ridiculous though.

Quote:
Teemo buff doesn't seem warranted as many have said.
Yeah, Teemo seemed a very solid choice for any team. I guess now he'll be a great choice?

Quote:
I never played Kayle but he didn't seem OP to me and now he seems very underpowered.
Kayle was OP. Take it from someone who played Kayle regularly . That shield was pretty ridiculous. I think the remake has made him a pretty weak tank and without bonus damage a weak dps. But it was a remake, so I'm sure we'll see more tweaks.

Quote:
I think Anivia was overnerfed. All she needed was a drastic egg nerf and leave the rest of her abilities alone, IMO.
Her egg isn't the reason she was strong... it was a pretty strong nerf though. We'll see ow it goes.

Quote:
Blitzcrank changes are good. He's still a viable hero and his CC needed to be toned down.
Agreed.

Quote:
How do you guys not see that Morgana's shield is ridiculous? She can make anyone on her team magic immune almost permanently.
Yeah, but Morgana isn't a popular hero. Her damage is alright, but pretty difficult to use in a team fight. She lacks finishers as well. Dark binding + aoe does a good amount of damage, but is very easy to avoid. Her ulti is interesting. Her support, the shield, is strong, but it is her only utility, and she is a utility hero.

Quote:
Lich is hardly played after the last nerf and you nerf him again.
I haven't ever seen lich as a popular hero... but he is pretty beastly in the hands of someone that can use him. I don't think it'll change much, but I lean towards "he was fine."

Krom

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpenguins View Post
I've never heard any complaints about anivia being OP. The frostbite nerf is especially lame and completely unnecessary.
You probably just haven't seen skilled players use her. She's a beast.

Personally I'd rather they didn't nerf her range and just scrapped her passive, then upped her move speed to compensate, to balance her.

Eggbate is funny though.

Socrates

09-17-2009

Also thanks you staff peeps youve made my life happier yesterday i had asked about how the profile icons work and well you know... I wanted the tree. So thanks for the info.

btw. Everything you do no matter what is capricious. your personality traits are made as you are born therefore you whole life is based upon impulse.

Socrates

09-17-2009

Oh yes Anvia I had momentarily forgotten about that nerf. How do i put this I guess i have a few things to say about frostbite nerf was a good way to go. Egg nerf I dont think was needed the goal was to keep anivia alive early game with that passive no i think its kinda underpowered in comparison to other passives. Another thought on those that complain about the nerf. Come on guys she might have been nerfed but think about the possibilities with rylais scepter so many cool things you can do.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-17-2009
11 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullduggerman View Post
I love how when Riot nerfs a hero they nerf every single ability they have. If anyone plays Blitzcrank after this patch I will be absolutely blown away.
It's not our standard MO for balance, but it sometimes is the right way to do it. Sometimes the changes we make are not for nerf purposes per se, but to improve the overall feel.

Quote:
Let me be the 50th person to say boosting Teemo is a horrible decision. I'm really curious what that decision was based off of because he was certainly played often. He was already insanely easy to play as (one button to click in champion battle) and as far as ranged heroes went extremely viable.
He's pretty weak in high level play. But it's possible we overdid it.

Quote:
Also, let me be the first to predict that Katarina will be:

A. OP and super easy to play
B. played in 90% of games
C. nerfed next patch
D. nerfed the patch after the next patch
You aren't telling us or anyone else anything we don't know. New champions always get 90% play, they always get nerfed the next patch if we launch them correctly because we TRY to overpower them at launch so people learn how to play them more quickly. At launch, we will obviously have to be more careful and use a different approach -- but this is the proper approach for a beta.