Graphical Trails from Champions/Minions to the Nexus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aardor

09-14-2011

Hello All,

I could not find an answer for this in the Wrenchmen's Toolboxes, nor from searching the forums.

Randomly, when playing, a trail from the back of a Champion or minion will appear and stretch back to the Nexus. At random points, the trails will go away, but come back on different champions or minions. See attached SS for visual explanation.

I have tried changing the shadow settings, which oddly only changed how the trails had shadows. Fast Terrain did not change anything, except turn my shadows off completely, but the trails still existed (without shadows). I tried changing every other setting from lowest to highest, but always got the same problem.

Reading about the black texture problem, I made sure my card was on application controlled AA/AF and the default were both off.

I tried updating my graphic drivers also, but the problem persisted even after that (with a complete driver clean beforehand). All my other games seem to run fine, so I don't think the video card is going.

Any Suggestions?

Edit: After installing new drivers and getting the same problem, I Repaired, then tried changing all the settings again, but still got the trail randomly.

Nemezote

09-28-2011

I have the same issue, good luck with someone responding though...

neurolite

10-06-2011

Same problem, did this ever get solved?

Fabs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Same issue, can't find a fix. I hope it resolved itself over time, but if it doesn't I dunno how long i can put up with it. I have a GTX 570 which is a pretty good card and I shouldn't be having issues like this. Every other game works fine.

Externalities

12-27-2011

I have the same problem right now.

I have many lines on screen. Help!

Intel i7 2600k
N570 GTX with latest driver.

HELP!

TheTechmaturgist

01-15-2012

ok, I had, HAD the same problem. I have a 560 GTi. I had this problem once before. Then yesterday it showed up again. Here were the trouble shooting problems I had. V-sync on/off only fixed the problem temporarily. Uninstalled/Reinstalled Video Driver and the problem was still there. As per Riots advice I uninstalled then reinstalled the game. The next person then then tried to tell me to Reinstall windows "WHAT?" NO. So i stopped right there and tried a different approach. I saw a post in regards to artifacts that mentions to make SURE anti-aliasing was not on and not being forced by NVIDIA control panel. Sure enough that is exactly what I had going on. I went to manage 3D setting in NVIDIA control panel and clicked on the Antialiasing - Mode and selected off, then hit apply. Turned LoL back on and got in a practice game and boom the problem was solved. Save yourself an hour of trouble first and check the setting for AA in NVIDIA control panel before you do anything else. I hope this solves the problem or at least helps in some way.