Mundo feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmPriS

09-17-2009

I don't think i need to explain what makes a character, with a horrible buggy skillshot, an activated/passive ability that is more self destructive than anything, and an ultimate that is more likely to kill than to save; a character that really needs some reworking.

My suggestions:

Infected cleaver - keep it a skillshot and instead of dealing percent damage it deals bonus damage when the enemy hero moves for a certain amount of time after it hits.

For his W skill if you decide to keep it the way it is even though it really seems out of character as it is now, increase the range and make it an activated ability that has a duration and only does a little initial damage.

My suggestion for a rework, Painkillers: keep the regen passive and then, have an activated portion on very short refresh, when the ability is used it lowers the damage taken by Mundo for short duration. This ability would stack if you keep activated it. The ability would also add a debuff with a longer duration that is also stacking. When that debuff reached a certain amount he would get Withdrawal and be stunned/slowed something along those lines.

His E skill is awesome.

His ultimate, I feel as is it needs to be on a much shorter refresh time.

That is all.

shedim

09-18-2009

Tried Mundo now aaaaand: Big surprise, he's still ****!

His "w" ability still is complete bull****. Rest is just meh...
**** hero.

Steric

09-18-2009

I am going to laugh when Mundo gets buffed enough to take on a team off all the other most imba heroes in the game because people keep saying he is ****.

P.S. I haven't played him yet, so I don't know if he really is **** or not.

shedim

09-18-2009

Bull**** hero. Snare is way too weak and 2 seconds is just ridiculous. This really doesn't help you to catch up. Cleaver still flies too slow, still has a strange hitbox and a pathetic range. "W" skill is complete bull****. Drains health, range is still ****, damage is still **** and the snare immunity, which you will need in a teamfight, when you get focussed drains your health, so you get killed more easy. This is a complete bull**** skill and desperately needs an overhaul.
Masochism, well the cd reduction is the only good thing in this patch.

The ulti heals way to less and too slow.

As far as I've seen, you want this hero to be dangerous when on low hp. But this conception just does not work, since every focus fire will instantly kill you in teamfights. Thus he lacks attackspeed. It's similar to tryndamere, but he is at least unkillable for a brief period, so he actually gets the benefits of his conception, when he pops his ultimate.

Mundo however has nothing to bring to the table. His snare is ridiculous, his survivability is pathetic. Only his damage is good, but he's slow as hell and extremely fragile + vulnerable to cc + every single ability costs health. One even drains it! This is just ridiculous! He could be great, once you finally decide to say goodbye to his moronic "w" skill and actually start giving him the desperately needed survivability and cc-immunity, to actually benefit from a low hp situation.

Until then, this will be the crappiest hero, ever.

Maybe you should have a look at Huskar, where this conception actually works because of 2 simple reasons: He is ranged and he has useful skills, which ensure he WILL benefit from a low hp situation. You failed fixing Mundo, again...

EnfEnEt

09-18-2009

You know the funny thing is, last patch Mundo was my favorite hero and I argued a lot that he wasn't underpowered. Can't wait to get my LoL working so I can tear up the field with an even better Mundo.

sflow

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedim View Post
Bull**** hero. Snare is way too weak and 2 seconds is just ridiculous. This really doesn't help you to catch up. Cleaver still flies too slow, still has a strange hitbox and a pathetic range. "W" skill is complete bull****. Drains health, range is still ****, damage is still **** and the snare immunity, which you will need in a teamfight, when you get focussed drains your health, so you get killed more easy. This is a complete bull**** skill and desperately needs an overhaul.
Masochism, well the cd reduction is the only good thing in this patch.

The ulti heals way to less and too slow.

As far as I've seen, you want this hero to be dangerous when on low hp. But this conception just does not work, since every focus fire will instantly kill you in teamfights. Thus he lacks attackspeed. It's similar to tryndamere, but he is at least unkillable for a brief period, so he actually gets the benefits of his conception, when he pops his ultimate.

Mundo however has nothing to bring to the table. His snare is ridiculous, his survivability is pathetic. Only his damage is good, but he's slow as hell and extremely fragile + vulnerable to cc + every single ability costs health. One even drains it! This is just ridiculous! He could be great, once you finally decide to say goodbye to his moronic "w" skill and actually start giving him the desperately needed survivability and cc-immunity, to actually benefit from a low hp situation.

Until then, this will be the crappiest hero, ever.

Maybe you should have a look at Huskar, where this conception actually works because of 2 simple reasons: He is ranged and he has useful skills, which ensure he WILL benefit from a low hp situation. You failed fixing Mundo, again...
Are you freaking kidding me!!! I just searched the threads to find this thread, just to say "F**K Yeah!" very nice buff RIOT for "the mundo". I got to play one solid game with him and Just having the cleaver fly faster is a world of difference, not to mention the very subtle but noticeable buff to his range on the cleaver. The HP regen "passive" that was removed wasn't even noticable and the fix to the ulti makes him a killer! IMO he's good at this point until I can play him some more. Still my favorite hero

Ky Kiske

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2009

Mundo is an amazing tank in my opinion.

With the new cleaver I imagine he will start tearing up other tanks in no time.

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2009

Replying to everyone who thinks Mundo is a **** hero:

I started this game little less than a week ago, and was a heavy Rammus user when I started. However, Mundo caught my attention after my friend lolfailed at a game with him, and I wanted to know what he could do. I tried him, won three consecutive games with him trying out a few item builds with him. Personally, I f*cking love him. But Rationally, he's probably the lowest tier hero, and definately the lowest tier melee hero in the game.

Here are a few +'s and -'s to him that I've noticed thus far in my games as him.

Positives
-Rediculous early-game farm. Everyone that says his 'W' ability is **** obviously can't play him. Leveling this skill early is essential for him to affoard Wormog and Force of Nature by mid-game, and he -needs- them to cast spells often without much drawback. Not to mention, Cleaver is an epic last hit early game, and really all Mundo has going for him from levels 1-4. Burning Agony definately shines at rank 2 and 3, however, and will out-farm cleaver (and most other heroes) any day.

-Amazing End-game Presence. Mundo, in no way shape or form, is a ganker. He is a Farmer. He is a Presence. He's like Undying with a Vanguard, Pipe, and Radiance. He doesn't do **** but scare the hell out of you. But that's why he's so great, in my opinion. There is nothing more terrifying than him running through creeps with 540 movement speed, (Thanks for the +10 MS in the last patch Riot, ily <3) fire on, regenerating something like 180 health a second, with a spammable snare that hits like a truck on tanks, and not to mention something like 300 damage from 'E'.

-His Cooldowns! NO ONE I've seen that plays Mundo exploits his cooldowns! His cleaver might have drawbacks, but it's a four second cooldown. Four! And it's cost is something like, what, 1% of your health in mid-game/end-game? Not to mention with the proper builds, you can get it down to 3.8, and even get Sadism ('R') to 53 seconds. In the majority of my games since last nights update, I have always had Sadism up when I've needed it.

Negatives
-For a tankish hero, he sure is squishy early-game. Building a Pro-Health build on Mundo is tricky, because his base damage is pretty low. Farming is a problem against ranged heroes, because they'll exploit you for all you're worth. Once you get a few ranks of 'W', however, his farming sky-rockets, and by mid-game this flaw is easily wiped out.

-Cleaver's Range isn't that bad, but it could use either a range upgrade or a projectile speed upgrade. However, that's not what makes it bad. It's got some targeting issue right now, that it will pick adjacent targets over ones directly on the aiming reticle (SP). This saddens me when I end up hitting a creep with my cleaver. :[

-His racial is fairly weak, all around. From what I've gathered from his build, Riot's been leaning towards making him rely on giving and taking his health in large quantities. So, his health regen should be fairly high. Let me put this into perspective.

.3% of 1000 is 3. You heal 3 HP a second. It will take you 300 seconds to hit 1000 health regen with that alone. And even then you're not at maximum health, just close to. Given this is somewhat nullified by Rejuv. Brooches and possibly a Force of Nature, but for a racial (compared to others, like Nunu's, Jax's, and the like) is fairly weak. IMO, it was better before the nerf yesterday, and burning agony was better with it as a passive.

Possible Builds + Personal Guide

Now that that's out of the way, let me share a little insight of the hero with everyone. At least from my personal experience and a little bit of number crunching.

The Mastery should be focused heavily around Utility, keeping Health Regen, Ghost Walk, Bonus Experience, Greed, Summoner's Presence and the like in check; they can greatly help in the stretch of a game, and vastly outweigh the benefits of making him either Offensive or Defensive.

The Runes should be heavily focused on Ability Cooldown, with some focus on health regeneration or health, whichever you prefer. The best part of Mundo is spamming Cleaver for ganks, and getting ti down by .2-.4 seconds is definately a serious increase to his power. I've seen builds that make him into a lifestealing tank almost, and I seriously do not believe in them. Mundo can hit hard, so crit on runes isn't a horrible idea, but it's just another roll of the dice to decide how good he can be.

Spells should almost always be Ghost Walk and Heal. Leave Fortify/Banner/Promote to other heroes. Ghost Walk can make you rediculously fast (Especially since Utility has it's improved talent) and Heal = Less deaths and More Spells.

Skill Build:
1:Cleaver
2:Burning Agony
3:Masochism
4:Burning Agony
5:Cleaver
6:Sadism
7:Burning Agony
8:Cleaver
9:Cleaver
10:Burning Agony
11:Sadism
12:Burning Agony
13:Cleaver
14:Masochism
15:Masochism
16:Sadism
17:Masochism
18:Masochism

Burning Agony is your ace in the hole early game. It's your money. And getting one point of Masochism early can potentially mean the difference between a gank succeeding and not. However, in Mid-Game cleaver becomes more of a presence than Burning Agony, so it's good to get a jump on it's ranks.

Item Build: Go with the Standard. It's fairly good, and does just what you want Mundo to do; not die, spam spells, and be the big presence he needs to be to be a good hero.

All in All, Mundo is (putting my biased love for him asside) a decent hero. He could use some reworking, but he is not a bad hero. Popular Opinion might dictate otherwise, but I personally believe some people should just take the time to learn him, and not base judgements off of one bad team-mate, or one bad game as him.

That being said, I'm Gay for Mundo. That is all.

-Sterling

Zeyk

09-18-2009

Mundo isn't good as a pure tank IMO. Certainly he has survivability but he lacks utility if you don't buff his damage, and his aura isn't sustainable like Amumu's. He's better suited to an HP+Damage build, Sion-style.

2xHero

09-18-2009

Lol, Mundo wasn't that bad before, and he actually looks good now.