@Riot-Dominion

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mke Hwk

Senior Member

09-14-2011

If you don't have a release date for it yet, why would you say "the goal is shortly after PAX" knowing that wasn't going to happen. Shortly is long gone now and the next patch isn't until October 3rd. Things can't keep getting pushed back or you are going to lose your integrity as a company.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zirun

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we don't have a release date for it yet.
Is there some sort of issue with having a queue to play Dominion (like there's a queue to log-in) to make sure the servers don't explode?

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be happy to just play the **** thing, even if they have to do something else for half an hour while they wait.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaliton

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we don't have a release date for it yet.
I'm pretty sure the forum post "with the riven patch" was the release date...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kadromar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Server hamsters need to prepare and rest before the rush for dominion. Currently they're on a strict diet of steroids and undergoing an intense training regime to ensure stability of servers come Dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Please name one game that has added major content to itself that didn't cause the entire game to kerfux itself at least for several days.

Don't want that to happen? Let Riot do its thing then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeamonLord666

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we don't have a release date for it yet.
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

now that thats out of the way, hopefully it comes out with season 2


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bringbackpluto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-14-2011

[own3d]http://i39.tinypic.com/2rpr28m.gif[/own3d]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iceyknight

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadromar View Post
Server hamsters need to prepare and rest before the rush for dominion. Currently they're on a strict diet of steroids and undergoing an intense training regime to ensure stability of servers come Dominion.
lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicDucks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we don't have a release date for it yet.
How bout make it work riot points to play on the new map so you limit that traffic to the ones that really want to play, and then make it free a week or 2 afterwards, unless you really are going to stick to your word to make it all free.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

khezef

Senior Member

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Also we don't have a release date for it yet.

shortly turned into soon


12345612 ... 20