@Riot-Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LemonCaik

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
I think this is the difference between server lag or being #9000 in queue to...servers are down, comeback later. I think they are realizing they've created more hype than their hardware can handle.

You know if they want to be really evil, They should just unlock dominion for only people who have purchased more than 30 bucks of RP ;D there is your slow release date, plus it would make people spend more money! it's a win win!.
Except that would make players rage even more and 50% of the playerbase would quit.

Shini Laser

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton55 View Post
Wow, what're the error bars on that?
A minimum of 99.3%. Not sure the maximum.

click d or f

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Dominion is almost ready on Live
almost? is this too a definition of soon?

click d or f

09-16-2011

Riot's release dates are OP.

Epicn00b

09-16-2011

Quote:
Hey guys,

Just to round up a few of the main talking points here, Dominion is feature complete; when we talk about Beta we don't mean in terms of gameplay feedback, though we always love receiving it. We rolled it out at Gamescom for several days straight and it ran perfectly, the problem is that we need to test the Live Server with a Trillion* people joining at once (*Estimated).

Dominion is almost ready on Live, we've been pushing the assets for some time now. However we've learned a lot about maximizing stability to make sure we can minimize any problems, we can save time in the long run by taking a little time now. Which is better for everyone.

I hope that explains a little here about just how far along we are, it's great to see everyone so excited, and we can't wait for you to hit the Crystal Scar.
Why don't you guys upgrade the servers then?

Shini Laser

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicn00b View Post
Why don't you guys upgrade the servers then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Pretty similar, yea. Think about it this way.

There's a cluster of servers that need to talk to one another. If there was only 1 server in this cluster, it could support 100 players (clearly much more, but just for argument's sake). Now if there's 2 servers in this cluster, each supports half of the players. However, those players need to be able to talk to each other, join the same lobbies, go into the same champion selects, etc. So these two servers need to talk back and forth to each other. That traffic is substantial - in a Champion Select every single selection you make needs to be transmitted to all the players very quickly, regardless of which server they are on. So this synchronization traffic actually takes up server resources. Each of those servers can now support 90 players each, for a total of 180 players that can play at once.

Now let's say you have 4 servers. These require triple the amount of connections than 2 servers do, so each server can only hold 70 players each for a total of 280 players max.

Now let's say you have 10 servers...

Clearly it's not quite so cut and dry as that, but problems like that are challenges for programmers to overcome that are irrelevant of number of servers or individual power - they don't scale linearly.
From this topic. Read and don't have a knee jerk reaction.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we have not announced a release date for it yet so it hasn't been delayed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
League of Legends: Dominion will make it into your daily play schedule shortly after PAX.
define shortly for me please? or at least riots definition cause 2 weeks to a month is not sortly.. just sayin, also why roll out a limited beta, instead you should just roll it out as a practice only mode avail all the time and give it some time for bugs to be worked out, thus allowing players to play on the map and you to have a massive "beta" for the game mode. Your advertising way to much for something that seems so far off, and making it seem like its right around the corner. If you have been working on it for 1 year already and its not ready for release then your not doing so hot, time to step your game up. We know your making tons of cash now so server availability should not be an issue, which brings me to another thing, the servers just plain are not up to par for your massive amount of gamers. I am the only person on my internet connection and i play many other games with 0 problems yet some games of League i cant get a ping under 150ms with spikes going up to 2kms, 150 isnt bad but just totally sucks when playing a champ like Ezreal or another skill shot champ, as lagg renders them totally useless. I have spent days doing checks with my ISP as well as running every virus/spyware/adware scan possible, the problem is your servers. Dead give away to that fact is how i can log out of LoL and log into WoW and have a 39ms ping and, my realms server is located in Phoenix so its not that far from where u guys are so distance is not causing an issue either.

Meh Release dominion and fix the servers.... rant over

urmamasllama

09-16-2011

Quote:
Dominion is almost ready on Live, we've been pushing the assets for some time now. However we've learned a lot about maximizing stability to make sure we can minimize any problems, we can save time in the long run by taking a little time now. Which is better for everyone.
so this means that as of this patch dominion is on live? and its a matter of when you feel its ready to turn on? if so then i will be content to wait for an announcement in the game

Crimsonwulf

09-16-2011

I am just happy to see so many RED posts regarding dominion!! Least we are seeing some feed back now!

Caryatid

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we have not announced a release date for it yet so it hasn't been delayed.
I'm sorry but that's bull****.