How do you feel about the hexdrinker update?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kizeru

03-19-2012

I kinda think it'll be the end for sustained ap solo bots.
It was pretty cool to go spellvamp with soraka or ahri or ryze or even ziggs...
but now yorick and urgot, who were already crazy when going bot lane,
will dominate the lane completely (blind pick dominion ofc)

then again, who cares, lol :c

Glorious Bird

03-19-2012

I don't think it will make much of a difference but it is an obvious slap in the face to AP champions.

GeneralDirection

03-19-2012

I'm actually pretty excited that Riot's putting in the time and effort to add more variety to itemization. Without a broad list of serious options to choose from, champions would be stuck getting the exact same item sets over and over again with very little choice to do otherwise.

Hugs From Momma

03-19-2012

If you're gonna play blind pick, realize you'll have to face cheeze Yoricks and Urgots.

Besides, Soraka can build almost totally tank and just wear them out.

Kizeru

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection View Post
I'm actually pretty excited that Riot's putting in the time and effort to add more variety to itemization. Without a broad list of serious options to choose from, champions would be stuck getting the exact same item sets over and over again with very little choice to do otherwise.
I approve of that too, but if they're gonna give something like that for ad champions,
they should give an equally effective hybrid item for ap champions that need some armor, we already have zhonya's, but it still needs an inbetween item like Hexdrinker for the Maw, and a passive, since Maw's passive will be extremely helpful on tanky dps champions >_>

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizeru View Post
they should give an equally effective hybrid item for ap champions that need some armor

we already have zhonya's
:v

zhonya's is op. two whole seconds of not dying, not even taking damage? op.

GeneralDirection

03-19-2012

I agree with your points as well Kizeru, but remember that we're lucky if Riot so much as adds an item once every 2 months. Baby steps, baby steps...

Kizeru

03-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
If you're gonna play blind pick, realize you'll have to face cheeze Yoricks and Urgots.

Besides, Soraka can build almost totally tank and just wear them out.
Totally tank as in?... I've tried with tanky items + spellvamp, and it seems to work fine, but lategame it's usually not enough.

Also, there should be a different draft mode for dominion,
with less time during champ selection, since it takes forever to get into the game and it usually lasts 30 mins or less.
If it were like that, I'd always play draft mode and ban urgot and yorick, lol.

hmm going offtopic I guess, but I'm happy for Lulu's release, Blitz utility buff and lifesteal nerf... /thread

Argodis

03-19-2012

Pantheon and Talon are real happy right now. Riven as well.

But it's not like AP champs were a real threat on Dominion anyway other than Cass, Ryze, and Kassadin. Won't hurt Kass too much, Ryze may feel it, and this should stop people from going those retarded ap bruiser Cass builds.

People mainly chose an AP on Dominion so the other team couldn't just stack armor and faceroll their way to victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDirection View Post
Except AD Carries and bruisers in general have much better options already. This is especially true in Dominion where AD has even more options and casters have less.

Any AP that doesn't have good ratios or a spammable skillset basically has to buy a Deathcap at some point.

More variety is nice but an AD caster focused item or Deathcap alternative should have come first imo.

MMKH

03-19-2012

Jax, Brolaf, Tryndamere, Talon, Pantheon, Mundo will all benefit from this item. Personally, I'm going to try this on DPS Blitzcrank and Malphite though lol.