Eve of the Jungle: How to be effective early-game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RapidOffensive

02-16-2011

I spent about 4 hours in practice matches practising starts with Jungle Eve last night.
It's not helped by the fact that I've just started my US account (got sick of the Euro guys in solo Q not being able to speak English) and I'm only lvl 10 with some tier 1 runes.

I'm used to jungling with Fiddle (who can stay out in the jungle all day from lvl 1 without runes/masteries of course thanx to drain).

I played around with all sorts of starting combos for items, paths, masteries etc and still found it depressingly slow.

You can start with cloth armor + 5 HP's and use revive to take out 3 minor camps and blue buff at lvl 3 (just). But you are still crippled for the next round of minor camps unless you spend a good chunk of the 400 gold or so you had at revive on yet more HP's.

I have also tried all sorts of Elixir and HP regen and lifegain starts and build.
Elixir makes the start easiest (as you can buy 5 HP's and 2MP's and get bonus health and damage) but of course it's used up and leaves you even further behind in the item race.

Basically it's a tough ask to find a decent route. You really need to maximise your time out there. I'm starting to think just taking a mass of HP's with a couple of MP's might be best at start and then after your 3 minor camps going stealthed over to the other side's wolves (via their blue buff for harassing if you can) might be best..

Gunflame

02-16-2011

Jungle eve needs specialized runes and masteries. I don't see how a lvl 10 account can do it.

RapidOffensive

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
Jungle eve needs specialized runes and masteries. I don't see how a lvl 10 account can do it.
That's why I took 4 hours testing it I hate to admit defeat

And you learn to push the envelope doing it that way. I bet if I fire up my fully loaded 30 EU account I could do it in my sleep now..

Gunflame

02-16-2011

Jungle eve is not THAT easy but yea it is doable.

I use Armor yellow, AS Quints, AS/ArmPen red, flat mana blue, 1/17/12 masteries, smite/teleport or smite/revive.

You can start at blue golem or start minigolems (If I use revive I start at minigolems, If i use teleport I start at big golem). The rest is very self explainatory. I usually get to lvl 3 on wraiths and try to harass/gank mid, then I continue my jungling

Saolue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2011

I couldn't see the Map for jungling and wards at all. And when it says the golems or wolves spawn i don't get it? They are on opposite sides of the map. Could you help me a little bit more. I really want to have an effective way to play eve, but my supports out match her games any day (because i always lose with eve, only played 4 games with her). I'd really like to see her jungling route in game, could anyone show me?

Ronnie Law

01-03-2012

This guide is long outdated

eve can jungle, but wether it is worth it is debatable

personally I jungle her for fun
either CD reduction 9/21/0 or move speed/buff duration 0/21/9
flat ap quints and blues, mpen reds and armor yellows
smite obviously, and you get a
choice of either ignite or clarity
the ap/ad on ignite is not negligable on her initial jungle clear, you should put it on CD when you begin on blue
you must start cloth 5pot, and without clarity will need to buy 5 mana pots for your second clear
DO NOT BUY WRIGGLES OR MADREDS
you want to build her full ap
once you clear your second red you should be level 6 and should switch to roaming map control

Deatvert

01-04-2012

This guide is outdated because it was posted a year ago.