Eve of the Jungle: How to be effective early-game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neuftet

06-01-2010

I used this guide 3 times tonight, for 3 victories. Thanks!

Gigmaster

06-02-2010

@ MrDiezel:

You're right, ganking > jungling. Eve is a character made for ganks. She can push decently well, but claiming that Eve is made for support is like claiming Soraka is a carry DPS.

This doesn't change the fact that she brings next tp nothing in early lane that you couldn't get in another hero. A decent, low-level nuke? Toss in Panth, Annie, Ryze, Mord, Cho'Gath... Yes, she does have a stun. But if you stealth in sight, the enemy laners will shrug their shoulders and move back. If you move to their brush, they'll hug. If you stealth in your brush, they might still be cautious.... but you're using how much of your time and mana, in order to pull off a 1 second stun that places you right next to their heroes? They'll exhaust your lane parter, throw a CC on you, beat you up and leave you dead (or nearly so). And if you DO get in some good hits, they'll ward up that lane next chance they get. This equals 1/3 of gankable lanes more-or-less gone from the equation when late early game rolls
around.

Gankg > Jungling, but Jungling > Laning. The jungling you do early game will faciliate Eve's primary role. Trust me.

@ Nethervoid:

Exactly what Diezel said. Yes, Twitch's damage output, especially after coming out of stealth, is higher. She still have 1+ seconds of stun on you, in which she's unloaded 500, 600+ damage onto you. I've seen a lot of Twitches stay and fight, when I find them.. to this dat, it has always turned out badly.

Don't forget, that with this build (unless Twitch took solo mid), you're going to be 1-2 levels above them. And every point into her hate spikes counts.

@ Thanatos:

Here's a pretty basic Eve build for normal laning, mostly AP:

Regrowth Pendant
Philosopher's Stone
Boots of Swiftness / Mobility / Mercury Treads
Sheen
Fiendish Codex
Sell P.Stone -> Rylai's Scepter

Zerker greaves don't do much for Eve, honestly. Consider the fact, that during her ult, you're getting less out of zerker greaves than you'd expect (because of how ATK speed stacks). And most of your killing, you'll be doing in her ult, if you're relying on attack speed to kill. If you're not, there's plenty of other good choices out there - against a CC heavy team, you will never survive without treads, for example.

I'm not good on suggestions for AD Eve builds. When I start shifting AD and hybrid my Eve build, it's generally by finishing my Nashor's ASAP, picking up a Rageblade, or finishing my Madreds. Or finishing a Tri-Force. I don't do well with primarily AD Eve builds.

Sunfire Capes... (Sighs). Let me paint a picture for you: You're running around, with your +armor and +hp... which IS nice. You're also doing 50 damage to everything around you, a second.

Though... not really.

See, that 50 damage is magic damage. And the enemy team will be packing at least 80ish magic resistance, by the time you're able to pick up that cape. If not 100 plus. So that 50 damage is reduced to 25, after you factor that MR. In addition, many heroes have health regen, or lifesteal in their builds (Almost every effective Carry DPS build has a scepter somewhere in their to-buy list), making that 25ish damage a second very negligable. In addition, if just one (1) person gets Clairvoyance , or they have Corki, and you go with a build that likes to have Sunfire... you're getting nothing else but +HP, +Armor, and a passive that will get you killed if you try to use it effectively. Or, you know, one person gets Oracles. And a burst DPS Eve has a far better chance of stripping that oracle buff than an Eve that needs time to kill.

Take the Rylai's, instead of the Sunfire. It adds AP, health, and utility to your abilities.

@ Neuftet: Nice!

Crappo

06-02-2010

Dear Gigmaster,

This guide was really cool. I may even set that picture at the end as my desktop background for a time.

I have questions, though:
-Do you think jungling is viable before level 30, or do you really need those masteries and runes?
-If it is viable pre-30, what is the earliest summoner level that would be viable for jungle Eve?

Purplz

06-02-2010

inb4ophasonly200winsthereforehesstillinlowELOandhi sguidesucks

Razius

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
inb4ophasonly200winsthereforehesstillinlowELOandhi sguidesucks
In before number of wins don't matter at all in Elo, and this guy is a mouthbreating tard.

Crappo

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplz View Post

Fixed that for you.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Dear Gigmaster,

I can understand having a bad game. Rage quitting though? **** that. Your guide sucks.

Mailius

06-02-2010

Goes 1-4-5, quits on death, generally gets owned by the Eve on the other side, (who also jungled, starting around level 3 however). I'd take the guide with a grain of salt.

FOX AFifthCyborg

06-02-2010

Curious as to what Gigmaster's response to the above two posts will be...

Lorifel

07-16-2010

What do you think about the new item (Wrigglers Lantern) on jungling Eve? It is going to delay her AP items, but the bonuses look so tempting. Lifesteal for her Lichbane procs, ultimate farming and pushing with Madred procs, free ward... Besides, you could go hybrid path with Rageblade.