Eve of the Jungle: How to be effective early-game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gigmaster

05-30-2010

Do you know this from experience?

Let me dispel one myth: No, her passive does not help against creeps, only minions. That is true.

However, her jungling ability doesn't work because she can take alot of hits; it's because she has high damage at early level. You normally don't realize this, because she's always juking around and avoiding harassment, instead of parking herself in front of a creep camp and [Q] spamming. When Eve is laning, you are guaranteed to he harassed like hell at higher levels. EVERY time you go for a last hit, you will be harassed.

If you follow this laning guide to the letter though, you will be hitting level 5-6 at the same time the solo lanes hit 6-7. Seriously. Even if you don't have the perfect rune setup, just load up a solo practice game, and try it out. It is very possible, and relatively easy, once you know what you're doing.

@ Crazy Demon: Screen name is Gigmaster, just like my forum name. Friend me and invite me to a game, sometime, and I'll be glad to show you.

DO tell me your name, though. I generally ignore random invites.

zili

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

I'd also like a couple clarifications and to see the jungle eve guide in action. I tried it but kinda failed, probably due to my inexperience with her So if you don't mind I'll add you and feel free to decline if you don't wanna play!

Nethervoid

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
I challenge you, to buy one oracle elixir in a game with an intelligent Eve and see how much it shuts her down.

If, in your experience, one oracle elixir DOES shut down an Eve, that's because she's playing to your strengths; she's reacting to you. She SHOULD be bouncing lanes, pushing and hitting towers, and asking her allies to focus you.

In the last game I played with Eve, the enemy Teemo bought 4 oracle elixirs throughout the game. Their Shaco bought 3. We still beat them, why? Because A. We outleveled them, thanks to jungling, B. We out-equipped them, again, thanks to jungling and the fact that the blew 2800 gold on trying to counter me, C. We had good focus DPS, and D. Whenever they showed up to get me in a lane, I was already long-gone (and their tower a smoking ruins).

Did I have an outstanding kill score? No; I was 11/8/11. Did the rest of my team profit because of their single-minded anger towards the character who had spanked them in the early/mid game? Hell yes. Did we win? Yes.

Keep in mind that people who bother to get oracles are often predictable. After popping that 400g potion, the very next thing on their minds is "Hurr, time for free killz." If you keep on bouncing around, hitting towers and being a general nuisance, their team will scream for their oracle user to jump you. Thanks to your mobility boots and M&S, they'll be arriving where you were, at the same time that you're arriving at your next target. (Don't forget the fact that you're giving their Teemo lots of useless exercise).

*ahem*

Yeah, I only get 90g wards for Shaco. He won't waste his invis until the last moment.

Admittedly, I don't think it would be as effective, in a way, to kill Shaco. From a risk management perspective, it's too chancy. Just sneak up on him and grab his blue buff with smite. That will speed up your jungling tremendously, and slow his down by a wide margin (especially since he relies on his JitB nest for getting that initial buff).

As Twitch I buy an oracle and absolutely eat Eves face. It's not remotely hard, sorry your champ is inferior, at least until her buff.

Also, level advantage only really matters for about a 5 minute window and if the other team recognizes it and plays defensively, it doesn't really matter at all.

Another thing, no smart player is going to go chasing you around with an oracle. Since you just spent 400g you need to stay alive. Just having it in team fights essentially makes it 5v4 if you're smart. As Twitch if I have an oracle, eve must then buy an oracle.

Stop putting out Eve guides and encouraging anyone past lvl 25 to play that champ.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

Quote:
Crazy Demon: Screen name is Gigmaster, just like my forum name. Friend me and invite me to a game, sometime, and I'll be glad to show you.
Username: Crazy Demon
I sent you an invite- I wish I could try this out, but I don't have eve

Gigmaster

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
As Twitch I buy an oracle and absolutely eat Eves face. It's not remotely hard, sorry your champ is inferior, at least until her buff.
Funny. I could say the same thing about taking oracle's versus Twitch.

MrDiezel

05-31-2010

I suppose this makes for a stealthier Eve, but to me it just doesnt seem like what Eve is used for. Granted, this is a very original Eve build and I'm glad to see it, it just doesnt seem like the right option. Ganking> Jungling imo. But thats just the way I've been playing Eve for a long time and have gotten good results from it. I'll have to see you in action sometime though.

Lord Thanatos

05-31-2010

What is a good item build for Evelyn, if you are going to be laning / ganking?

I usually make this:

Philosopher's Stone: for early hp/mana regen
Boots of Attack Speed: I also attack enemies with melee attack as I chase them
Sun-fire Cape: makes me kill creeps like crazy and helps me do damage while i am invisible
Tri Force: I can slow enemies with attach, have bonus MS and AS and also have the effect of Shen
Guynso Rageblade: Evelyn rapidly casts 8 spells and the bonus helps

I usually don't like an ALL AP build cause her spells don't scale THAT MUCH with AP.

Does anyone know a better BUILD for Laning / Ganking ???

Nethervoid

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
Funny. I could say the same thing about taking oracle's versus Twitch.
This doesn't make any sense Twitch's damage output is substantially higher than eve's.

MrDiezel

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
This doesn't make any sense Twitch's damage output is substantially higher than eve's.
Twitch is Squishy beans. Eve can nuke the !@%^ out of Twitch in 2 seconds.

MrDiezel

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Thanatos View Post
What is a good item build for Evelyn, if you are going to be laning / ganking?

I usually make this:

Philosopher's Stone: for early hp/mana regen
Boots of Attack Speed: I also attack enemies with melee attack as I chase them
Sun-fire Cape: makes me kill creeps like crazy and helps me do damage while i am invisible
Tri Force: I can slow enemies with attach, have bonus MS and AS and also have the effect of Shen
Guynso Rageblade: Evelyn rapidly casts 8 spells and the bonus helps

I usually don't like an ALL AP build cause her spells don't scale THAT MUCH with AP.

Does anyone know a better BUILD for Laning / Ganking ???
Oh yes they do. Ravage AP ratio is 1:1. Thats a great AP ratio. Most AP I've ever gotten with Eve is 669 AP with some lvl 2 runes and Immediate AP runes, and if I took the time to go full out AP with my current rune set, it would probably break 700AP. I will have Lich Bane with my AP build, meaning you nuke for prob around 1k dmg, hate spike fairly well with the mag res. reduction, and your 1st melee atk will be your max AP. So, it scales **** well.

But I would rely more on your hate spike to kill minions than your atk speed. AP build would be better for champions as well unless you get Phage. I have never tried an atk spd Eve w/ phage, but its prob pretty deadly.

And reasonably you will get off more hate spikes than you will melee attacks against a champion you are pursuing. I do agree w/ Philosopher's Stone, Sunfire and Rageblade