Eve of the Jungle: How to be effective early-game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gigmaster

05-30-2010

Finished with the suggested teammates section.

I'd like to know what everyone has seen, in terms of 'who's been able to jungle?' I've seen Amumu, Udyr, Fiddle, WW (naturally) and Soraka.... (though why ANYONE would jungle with Soraka is a mystery to me). I know many heroes can do it though - I've heard whispers of Morgana in the past.

I'm working on the anti-jungler jungler bit, and I'd like to know as many of the heroes you could possibly be facing.

Also, for anyone who's used his guide in a game: Comments, suggestions? This is by no means an all-inclusive OP, and I'd like to hear your tips / changes / experiences. Particularly, I'm looking for anyone who's tried changing the summoner skills, since if you're going to have some kind of method for dealing with an enemy jungler, you really need an exhaust or an ignite at early levels.

Calcabrina

05-30-2010

shaco jungles hardcore

Gigmaster

05-30-2010

Is there any point in a usual Shaco jungling rotation that he's low on mana? Apart from when he five-boxes the blue buff?

I've seen jungler Shaco use every summoner skill under the sun, including exhaust, clarity, ghost, flash, smite and ignite.... but for our purposes, I'm mostly interested in whether he has a smite. If you can get a jungler's blue buff early game, especially after they've wasted their effort on them, you can shut them down very, very hard. Especially if you've invested in a ward near your blue buff.

As for actually *killing* him... you'd need to either catch him at level 1, or when he's oom. Otherwise, I can't imagine being able to catch a jungling Shaco w/o Clairvoyance.

Calcabrina

05-30-2010

Shaco is weakest before blue buff, yes. Without it he can't spam whatever he's building for. I don't think he usually needs a smite, because in my experience jungle shacos are a lot more focused on ganking than warwicks, for example. It takes a lot of time to set up that JitB nest. After a few levels, though, he can just deceive in and use a single jack to draw the monsters' aggro, and when he hits 6 he has his ult which makes it super easy.
So yeah, hard to do. If he does for lizard first, trying for first blood, you might be able to gank him as he goes for his kill, which would set him back a lot, but other than that... I think he usually takes cloth armor and mana pots, so he's hard to catch in a weak position.

Gigmaster

05-30-2010

So, in other words, you need to catch him right when his JitB nest runs out, smite golem, and eat him?

Also, does anyone know a good video capture program besides FRAPS? I can't get it to work in Windows 7 x64 - keeps on cutting out on me, and the video it does capture only have one frame (and are 12 seconds long). Has two good Evelyn games recently, and tried to capture both... aaaand it wonked out on me.

EDIT: My, do I feel silly... Yeah, Shareware Fraps is wothless, and a useful version is about as free as a New York apartment.

Any good FREE video capture programs out there?

Nethervoid

05-30-2010

1 oracle makes eve a non-factor. Buy Twitch and stop playing eve.

Calcabrina

05-30-2010

honestly I'd leave shaco till later. He doesn't scale too well, and you can gank him if he goes for one of your buffs. Maybe try ignoring him unless you can get the drop on him? As long as you get your burst off first you should be able to kill him or force recall. I feel like for someone like Warwick, jungling is a road to ganks and map control, while for Shaco it's more of a way to avoid his awful laning. So he's not too scary as long as you know he's around. Wards are better than oracles for him, I think, because he only has 4 seconds of stealth, and you want to know where he is, not see him as he blinks on top on you.

Gigmaster

05-30-2010

I challenge you, to buy one oracle elixir in a game with an intelligent Eve and see how much it shuts her down.

If, in your experience, one oracle elixir DOES shut down an Eve, that's because she's playing to your strengths; she's reacting to you. She SHOULD be bouncing lanes, pushing and hitting towers, and asking her allies to focus you.

In the last game I played with Eve, the enemy Teemo bought 4 oracle elixirs throughout the game. Their Shaco bought 3. We still beat them, why? Because A. We outleveled them, thanks to jungling, B. We out-equipped them, again, thanks to jungling and the fact that the blew 2800 gold on trying to counter me, C. We had good focus DPS, and D. Whenever they showed up to get me in a lane, I was already long-gone (and their tower a smoking ruins).

Did I have an outstanding kill score? No; I was 11/8/11. Did the rest of my team profit because of their single-minded anger towards the character who had spanked them in the early/mid game? Hell yes. Did we win? Yes.

Keep in mind that people who bother to get oracles are often predictable. After popping that 400g potion, the very next thing on their minds is "Hurr, time for free killz." If you keep on bouncing around, hitting towers and being a general nuisance, their team will scream for their oracle user to jump you. Thanks to your mobility boots and M&S, they'll be arriving where you were, at the same time that you're arriving at your next target. (Don't forget the fact that you're giving their Teemo lots of useless exercise).

*ahem*

Yeah, I only get 90g wards for Shaco. He won't waste his invis until the last moment.

Admittedly, I don't think it would be as effective, in a way, to kill Shaco. From a risk management perspective, it's too chancy. Just sneak up on him and grab his blue buff with smite. That will speed up your jungling tremendously, and slow his down by a wide margin (especially since he relies on his JitB nest for getting that initial buff).

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

Omfg, this strategy is so extraordinary complicated and fine-tuned. I HAVE to play a game with you to see if this actually works.

DoomManufact

05-30-2010

imo jungle eve isn't any more viable than laning eve, and could be even less so. Eve isn't really built for taking damage, which is something you have to do when jungling. At least when she's laning she has a chance to kill things without getting hit by minions (assuming the other team isn't harassing too much)